Thread: 200,000 Deaths.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default 200,000 Deaths.

"On April 10, the president predicted the U.S. wouldn’t see 100,000 deaths. That milestone was reached May 27."

"Nowhere was the lack of leadership seen as more crucial than in testing, a key to breaking the chain of contagion.

“We have from the very beginning lacked a national testing strategy,” Nuzzo said. “For reasons I can’t truly fathom we’ve refused to develop one.”"

'Unfathomable': US death toll from coronavirus hits 200,000

"The real number of dead from the crisis could be significantly higher: As many as 215,000 more people than usual died in the U.S. from all causes during the first seven months of 2020, according to CDC figures. The death toll from COVID-19 during the same period was put at about 150,000 by Johns Hopkins."

"America's 200,000 COVID-19 Deaths: Small Cities And Towns Bear A Growing Share"

"When COVID-19 claimed its first 100,000 lives in the U.S., Hidalgo County, Texas, seemed to have avoided the worst of it. The county, which sits on the border with Mexico, had just 10 deaths when the U.S. crossed that tragic milestone on May 27.

But the U.S. has now doubled its death count to top 200,000 victims, and Hidalgo County has become one of the deadliest hot spots for COVID-19. Despite the lack of dense urban areas there — its largest city, McAllen, has fewer than 150,000 residents — the disease has killed more than 1,500 people across the county.

"We knew we were going to see an increase, but we could not foresee the increase we got," says Eduardo Olivarez, the chief administrative officer of the county health department.

This summer, COVID-19 hit hospitals in McAllen, Texas, hard. With the U.S. exceeding 200,000 deaths from COVID-19, the share of deaths occurring in rural places and small cities is rising.
    Eric Gay/AP

"Once we started seeing a sharp increase in fatalities, and the community started reflecting that it was their parents, friends, grandparents — once that started impacting them — the community really started sensing, 'Oh, my God, this is really extremely serious. We need to take heed.' "

Hidalgo County is one of the most extreme examples of how the coronavirus has shifted from dealing its heaviest blows to northeastern urban areas to now reaching all corners of the country. As the death count grows, smaller towns and rural communities bear a growing share of the burden of COVID-19.

An NPR analysis finds that the share of COVID-19 deaths outside places considered large metro areas by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has grown dramatically since the country passed its first 100,000 deaths. Then, about a fifth of deaths came from places outside large metro areas. In the second 100,000 deaths, that share jumped to nearly half.

The largest growth occurred in small towns and rural areas, where the share of deaths nearly tripled. "

IOW, Trump country.

What goes around, comes around.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 09-22-2020 at 01:54 PM.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-22-2020), Guno צְבִי (09-22-2020), moon (09-22-2020), signalmankenneth (09-22-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

The people Trump kills in Texas could end up being the deciding factor in the vote there.

TX will be close, and 15,000 people could be the margin there. If not for POTUS, certainly for Senate and State/Local races.

Trump is literally killing his own base.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-22-2020), Guno צְבִי (09-22-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

From the OP link:

"Roberto Tobias Jr., a 17-year-old from Queens in New York City, lost his mother and father to COVID-19 a month apart in the spring. He and his sister also contracted the virus but recovered. Tobias is now applying to college, hoping to get into Columbia University and become a neurosurgeon.

“Because it’s just me and my sister, we sort of have to rely on each other,” he said. “We were the only blood left.”"
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,993 Times in 8,363 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    The people Trump kills in Texas could end up being the deciding factor in the vote there.

TX will be close, and 15,000 people could be the margin there. If not for POTUS, certainly for Senate and State/Local races.

Trump is literally killing his own base.
    What evidence do you have that trump killed anyone in texas? Be specific now. I predict your response will be an attck on me and that you NEVER provide a single shred of evidence that trump killed one person let alone any number in Texas. But here's hoping.

7. The Following User Groans At Yakuda For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (09-25-2020)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

Darth Omar (09-22-2020)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    What evidence do you have that trump killed anyone in texas?
    The 13,000 deaths that have occurred because he lied about the threat of COVID, and you believed him.

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,993 Times in 8,363 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

The 13,000 deaths that have occurred because he lied about the threat of COVID, and you believed him.
    That's not proof. Its your opinion. I appreciate that you took time to share with me so thank you very much. Now what im looking for is actual proof. Got any of that?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

Darth Omar (09-22-2020)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That's not proof.
    Dead people isn't proof?

So did they just not die?

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 25 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    "On April 10, the president predicted the U.S. wouldn’t see 100,000 deaths. That milestone was reached May 27."

"Nowhere was the lack of leadership seen as more crucial than in testing, a key to breaking the chain of contagion.

“We have from the very beginning lacked a national testing strategy,” Nuzzo said. “For reasons I can’t truly fathom we’ve refused to develop one.”"

"The real number of dead from the crisis could be significantly higher: As many as 215,000 more people than usual died in the U.S. from all causes during the first seven months of 2020, according to CDC figures. The death toll from COVID-19 during the same period was put at about 150,000 by Johns Hopkins."

"America's 200,000 COVID-19 Deaths: Small Cities And Towns Bear A Growing Share"

"When COVID-19 claimed its first 100,000 lives in the U.S., Hidalgo County, Texas, seemed to have avoided the worst of it. The county, which sits on the border with Mexico, had just 10 deaths when the U.S. crossed that tragic milestone on May 27.

But the U.S. has now doubled its death count to top 200,000 victims, and Hidalgo County has become one of the deadliest hot spots for COVID-19. Despite the lack of dense urban areas there — its largest city, McAllen, has fewer than 150,000 residents — the disease has killed more than 1,500 people across the county.

"We knew we were going to see an increase, but we could not foresee the increase we got," says Eduardo Olivarez, the chief administrative officer of the county health department.

This summer, COVID-19 hit hospitals in McAllen, Texas, hard. With the U.S. exceeding 200,000 deaths from COVID-19, the share of deaths occurring in rural places and small cities is rising.
    Eric Gay/AP

"Once we started seeing a sharp increase in fatalities, and the community started reflecting that it was their parents, friends, grandparents — once that started impacting them — the community really started sensing, 'Oh, my God, this is really extremely serious. We need to take heed.' "

Hidalgo County is one of the most extreme examples of how the coronavirus has shifted from dealing its heaviest blows to northeastern urban areas to now reaching all corners of the country. As the death count grows, smaller towns and rural communities bear a growing share of the burden of COVID-19.

An NPR analysis finds that the share of COVID-19 deaths outside places considered large metro areas by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has grown dramatically since the country passed its first 100,000 deaths. Then, about a fifth of deaths came from places outside large metro areas. In the second 100,000 deaths, that share jumped to nearly half.

The largest growth occurred in small towns and rural areas, where the share of deaths nearly tripled. "

IOW, Trump country.

There are going to be a lot of right-wing nuts that are going to chime into your thread spewing that, "XYZ Democrat said stupid things about the virus back in February".

The problem with that argument, is that these Democrats didn't have the CDC and NSA screaming in there ears with valid information like trump did. Information, by the way trump did nothing about but lie.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trump's Brain For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-22-2020), PoliTalker (09-22-2020)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,310 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

That's not proof. Its your opinion. I appreciate that you took time to share with me so thank you very much. Now what im looking for is actual proof. Got any of that?
    Something has gone seriously wrong. The first wave has not ended in the USA. Whatever the rest of the first world has done to end the first wave, and start rebuilding, has not happened here.

trump says this is all a great success, but it clearly is not. his refusal to accept that something has gone wrong is keeping us from fixing it. And quite probably he is what went wrong in the first place.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-22-2020), PoliTalker (09-22-2020)

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Something has gone seriously wrong. The first wave has not ended in the USA. Whatever the rest of the first world has done to end the first wave, and start rebuilding, has not happened here.

trump says this is all a great success, but it clearly is not. his refusal to accept that something has gone wrong is keeping us from fixing it. And quite probably he is what went wrong in the first place.
    Correct. He lied about the virus in public. People like Yakuda believed him because they didn't want to face the reality of their own poor choices that got us to this point.

That is, if you believe Yakuda is sincere...I don't believe he is. I think he's faking it.

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

THE CHINESE GOT THEIR MONEY'S WORTH FROM THEIR COVID PARTNERS, THE TREASON-O-CRATS....
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,642 Times in 27,299 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

You were Trump's wingman when he admitted to downplaying the risk of the virus, Trump packs people in like sardines at rallies and no requirement for masks. You and your fellow Deplorables ran around yelling at people that this virus was no different than the common cold, and masks were for wimps.

Yep, you and Trump got people killed

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-22-2020), moon (09-22-2020), PoliTalker (09-22-2020)

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,603 Times in 9,132 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

Eric Gay/AP

IOW, Trump country.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-22-2020), Phantasmal (09-22-2020), PoliTalker (09-22-2020)

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,607 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Dead people isn't proof?

So did they just not die?
    What evidence do you have that they would not have died if Trump said what you wanted him to say? Shoot if he did what Biden wanted there would have been no travel bans until April and he'd likely have 4 times the deaths... but hey, you got evidence of 13K deaths here. And your evidence? Well, they died.

We know that Cuomo caused a ton of deaths by sending old folks back into old folks homes when they were known to be infected, but I don't hear you informing folks of the deaths caused by Cuomo...

I'm pretty sure you are just a partisan hack and you just make up numbers... Like Biden with his 200,000,000 people dead in the US... (For those who are counting that's about 2/3 of our population)...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

24. The Following User Groans At Damocles For This Awful Post:

christiefan915 (09-22-2020)

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

TREASON-O-CRATS: "PARTNERS IN COVID" WITH THE RED CHINESE???

SURE LOOKS THAT WAY. THE DNC NEEDED A "MIRACLE" TO CATCH TRUMP AS THE ECONOMY WAS SOARING, TRADE DEALS REACHED, IMPEACHMENT EMBARRASSMENT ON THEM, ETC., ETC.

ALONG COME THE RED CHINESE, WITH ,YET, ANOTHER VIRUS, WHICH THEY CONSPIRED TO LIE ABOUT WITH THE TREASON-O-CRATS' DARLINGS ,THE UN, AND WHEN THAT GOT EXPOSED, THEY (the TREASON-O-CRATS) OBJECTED TO THE CHINESE TRAVEL BAN (AFTER A HALF MILLION LIKELY INFECTED CHINESE FLOODED NYC AND THE WEST COAST, AS WE LEARNED LATER), THEY THEN BEGAN TRYING "SHAME" ANYONE WHO REFERRED TO THE WUHAN VIRUS BEING OF CHINESE ORIGIN...WHILE QUICKLY MOVING TO CRUSH THE US ECONOMY....WHILE TAKING STEPS TO INCREASE THE COVID DEATH TOLL IN STATES THEY CONTROLLED, VIA THE NURSING HOME SCANDAL(S), ETC.

A LOT OF SMOKE FOR THERE TO BE NO FIRE, IMHO.

REMEMBER WHEN THE FAKE NEWS/LYING LEFT/DNMC WERE ALL SQUAWKING THAT TRUMP "HAD NO EVIDENCE" WHEN HE CORRECTLY ACCUSED THE OBAMA ADM. OF SPYING ON HIM AND HIS PEOPLE???

AND THEN TONS OF PROOF EMERGED AS THE TREASON-O-CRATS WERE UNABLE TO KEEP THE EVIDENCE OF THEIR CRIMES COVERED UP.

I SUSPECT THE SAME IS TRUE ABOUT THE CORONAVIRUS ATTACK ON THE US; WHO GAINED FROM IT POLITICALLY?

JUST SAYIN'..AND YES, I DO BELIEVE THE TREASON-O-CRATS ARE CAPABLE OF SUCH DESPICABLE ACTIONS.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber