1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello T. A. Gardner,

It doesn't take a sailing expert to see the difference between the spelling of gaff and gaffe.

Few politicians can keep up a rigorous campaign schedule including lots of travel, sleeping in strange places, on the road constantly, unable to maintain a normal life routine, keeping all the balls in the air, etc, without experiencing stress and sleep interruption.

If there was news that the world is approaching 30 million cases, that the USA is approaching 7 million cases, mixed in with all kinds of other facts and figures, it is an easy mistake to make.

The USA has 57 voting districts including the 50 States plus DC and the territories. The right went on and on about Obama misspeaking, saying '57 States' but it made no difference at the polls.

Calling this a 'gaff' when it might more accurately be referred to as a 'gaffe' is really just 'gaffing at straws.'

Sorry, couldn't help it.........lol
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Hello T. A. Gardner,

It doesn't take a sailing expert to see the difference between the spelling of gaff and gaffe.
    It does take a sense of humor to recognize sarcasm and snark when it is used...

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    It does take a sense of humor to recognize sarcasm and snark when it is used...
    I don't know what it's like to be a stutterer. I've never had that condition. I can only imagine. From the people I've known who did stutter, I can see the frustration in their face as they try to get the words out. You know they are thinking the words, trying with everything they've got to get them out. They're not dumb.

How can you keep a conversation going when it's your chance to say something but the words won't come?

It must be dreadful. You try to be polite, give them the time to get the words out. You watch the blinking and sweating, see the look of second guessing on their face, the embarrassment, the despair. You want to finish their sentences but you know that's rude, so you wait, you give them the time they need. If you want to be respectful, you do, anyway.

Then consider growing up like that. School children are not so kind. Very immature. School kids can be very mean. That would not be fun.

And it must be even more horrible in today's world than it once was. People have gotten so impatient, so rude. Attention spans have become increasingly short. People can be such jerks.

I can certainly write way more than some people want to read. I have been repeatedly dinged by other posters because I wrote more than they wanted to read. (which is really weird, because, like, couldn't they see how long a post was before they began reading it?)

Well, just as I can foam at the keyboard, I can speak. I have deeply involved and well considered thoughts that take more than a sound byte to voice. Many things are far more complicated and intricate than can be aptly explained in 140 characters...

Often times in today's rude world, if a speaker is deemed by another individual to be uninteresting, the disrespectful will simply talk over the other person if there is even the slightest pause in speaking. If you are laying out something intricate, and you don't keep it moving along, you stand the very real chance of being interrupted, dismissed. Cut off. Some people have no compunction. Some people don't even have that word in their regular vocabulary. They have no need of it. (And in many cases they are not so interesting themselves, instead, rather shallow.)

I try to imagine what it must be like to be a stutterer, and I can only end up with horror.

To think that every single time you open your mouth to say something, that people are unlikely to give you the chance to get the words out, well, that must be absolutely horrible.

I never knew Joe Biden was a stutterer.

I only learned that recently.

Now, I am pretty impressed.

I have seen people struggle with that and never overcome it.

Joe Biden has been able to overcome stuttering. Not only that, he became a public speaker!

That is nothing short of phenomenal.

So, if he misspeaks once in a while?

I am giving him the benefit of the doubt.

What he has done with his life is nothing short of AMAZING.

I have zero problem voting for him. I actually can't wait. The moment my mail-in ballot arrives I will be voting it.

I will be proud to VOTE JOE BIDEN PRESIDENT.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-23-2020)

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

Few politicians can keep up a rigorous campaign schedule including lots of travel, sleeping in strange places, on the road constantly, unable to maintain a normal life routine, keeping all the balls in the air, etc, without experiencing stress and sleep interruption.

If there was news that the world is approaching 30 million cases, that the USA is approaching 7 million cases, mixed in with all kinds of other facts and figures, it is an easy mistake to make.

The USA has 57 voting districts including the 50 States plus DC and the territories. The right went on and on about Obama misspeaking, saying '57 States' but it made no difference at the polls.

Calling this a 'gaff' when it might more accurately be referred to as a 'gaffe' is really just 'grasping at straws.'
    Obama said “states” not voting districts.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Dementia Joe did not stutter when he said this:

“My name is Joe Biden and I am running for the US Senate”...this year.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 8,274 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Obama said “states” not voting districts.
    There are 57 state level nominating contests in the Democratic nomination. You can see Obama looked a little confused as he dropped the level. It is amazing that 12 years later, the best Republicans can come up with is one single gaffe. A normal person makes several gaffes a day.

8. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-23-2020)

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    There are 57 state level nominating contests in the Democratic nomination. You can see Obama looked a little confused as he dropped the level. It is amazing that 12 years later, the best Republicans can come up with is one single gaffe. A normal person makes several gaffes a day.
    But there are not 57 states, Walter.

There are lists of Obama gaffs.

The average person does not make several gaffs a day...perhaps you are not normal?

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But there are not 57 states, Walter.
    He accidentally dropped the word "level" once 12 years ago... And somehow you think this is a huge deal?

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Dementia Joe did not stutter when he said this:

“My name is Joe Biden and I am running for the US Senate”...this year.
    Kinda like trump didn't stutter when he talked about grabbing pussy but you, sadly. found some way to rationalize it off & over look it......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Imagine the vile blood curdling hate if he had said some of the things trump has said, like grabbing pussy......

Or Lord forbid cheated on his wives relentlessly............

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Imagine the vile blood curdling hate if he had said some of the things trump has said, like grabbing pussy......

Or Lord forbid cheated on his wives relentlessly............
    12 years ago, a retired leader forgot to say the word "level" one night when he said "state level contests". We know how pathetic the Alt Right has become, because this is their strongest point.

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

A much more newsworthy thread would be "Biden says three coherent sentences in a row!".....
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,753 Times in 33,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    A much more newsworthy thread would be "Biden says three coherent sentences in a row!".....
    Ah, Truth Teller He is the Truth Teller of Alternative Facts. Grasshoppers, his plane of reality is not yours. You are not worthy.

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

12 years ago, a retired leader forgot to say the word "level" one night when he said "state level contests". We know how pathetic the Alt Right has become, because this is their strongest point.
    Typical of the cult of trump........

I was in the gop, & a conserv most of my life & I never seen ppl like these......

They would openly thrash reagan, bush jr & sr & w/out fear.........

Now that party is more akin to the CCP then the gop I knew.......... THAT IS SO FUCKIN SAD............

The hypocrisy knows no end, they have one measure for trump & another for everyone else, & they are not even ashamed of it............