Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Republicans Should Be Worried That Ginsberg Is Dead

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

Default Republicans Should Be Worried That Ginsberg Is Dead

Within 90 minutes of her passing being announced to the press, ActBlue reported receiving $6.2 million in donations from Democratic voters, which was a record amount for ActBlue's 16-yr history.

That record was broken the following hour when another $6.3 million was donated.

The lesson?

Her death has galvanized the left. There will be even larger voter turnout for Biden now.

2. The Following User Groans At TexanManWithPlans For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-22-2020)

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TexanManWithPlans For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-22-2020), Iolo/Penderyn (09-22-2020), PoliTalker (09-22-2020), signalmankenneth (09-22-2020), ThatOwlWoman (09-22-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ask yourself a simple question - which side is freaking out right now? Because I assure you it is not the right

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

5. The Following User Groans At BRUTALITOPS For This Awful Post:

signalmankenneth (09-22-2020)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Callinectes (09-22-2020), Earl (09-22-2020), leaningright (09-22-2020)

7. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,563 Times in 17,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTALITOPS View Post
    Ask yourself a simple question - which side is freaking out right now? Because I assure you it is not the right
    Why does that matter? Trump and the Repubs are going about their dirty business of lying and taking over the government. Taking over the Supremes and having Barr as a consigliere has changed justice in America to the bad.

8. The Following User Groans At Nordberg For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-22-2020)

9. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Why does that matter? Trump and the Repubs are going about their dirty business of lying and taking over the government. Taking over the Supremes and having Barr as a consigliere has changed justice in America to the bad.
    thank you for your concession

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Callinectes (09-22-2020), Earl (09-22-2020)

11. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Panetta View Post
    Within 90 minutes of her passing being announced to the press, ActBlue reported receiving $6.2 million in donations from Democratic voters, which was a record amount for ActBlue's 16-yr history.

That record was broken the following hour when another $6.3 million was donated.

The lesson?

Her death has galvanized the left. There will be even larger voter turnout for Biden now.
    Yeah but it's the Senate that matters.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTALITOPS View Post
    I assure you it is the right.

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Spametta View Post
    Was it all in gift cards?

"ActBlue is undeniably the cash cow of the progressive movement, boasting over $6 billion raised for favored candidates since 2004.

The organization funneled more than $1.5 billion to leftist candidates in 2018 alone, and has moved almost $900 million to assist progressives thus far in 2019 and 2020.

Most of these contributions, according to ActBlue, come through donations of $100 or less. That’s a lot of donations!

The organization has leveraged its powerhouse presence to negotiate a special relationship with banks so that it does not have to verify donors' identities when processing its gift cards, as is normally required for virtually all online transactions.

Some people have long suspected this allows ActBlue or a mega-donor to easily break large donations down into smaller gifts to avoid campaign finance laws and Federal Election Commission scrutiny — once an individual donor or third-party organization has given $200 or more to a candidate, for instance, their information is supposed to be added to a public FEC database for the sake of transparency.

ActBlue’s structure could easily allow illegal donations made online to be broken down into smaller gifts from claimed U.S. sources with little chance of exposure.

ActBlue’s design would allow large donors to exceed contribution limits without even triggering the threshold for public reporting.

But now, computer analysis calls into question the legitimacy of these gifts.

Forensic analysis conducted by The Amistad Project in cooperation with Take Back Our Republic reveals that 4.7 million of the 9.7 million ActBlue donations are reported to be from the unemployed.

That’s a whopping 48.4% of all ActBlue donors in 2019-2020.

Analysis reveals similar disparities exist between funding sources for the DEMOCRAT National Committee and the Republican National Committee, potentially reflecting the impact of ActBlue’s contributions.

The DNC reports 40.6% of its donors are unemployed, while the Biden for President Committee reports 51% of its donors as unemployed.

This raises questions that must be answered".

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/09/16/actblue_raises_millions_in_suspicious_gift_card_do nations_144208.html

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by prat22 View Post
    I assure you it is the right.
    Your assurances are worthless.

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Spametta View Post
    There will be even larger voter turnout for Biden now.
    How do you know that?

Tarot cards? Tea leaves?

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Panetta View Post

The lesson?

We know where all of this money came from...right?
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    We know where all of this money came from...right?
    No, we don't.

"When Take Back Our Republic first pointed out in 2015 that foreign interests could potentially use gift cards to flood money in through ActBlue’s unverified credit card system, more than 100 members of Congress stopped using the system and Republicans are trying to outlaw the practice," said John Pudner, president of Take Back Action Fund.

"It took vendors only a few hours to change their setup to allow the banks to verify if donations were really from Americans,” Pudner added.

“Unfortunately, as things turned harshly partisan after Trump's election, ActBlue doubled down and moved more and more candidates onto an unverified system at a time when intelligence officials are warning that foreign interests want to impact who wins our elections.

TBAF asks ActBlue to join the hundreds who have stopped using this system."

ActBlue claims it has convinced millions of unemployed persons to donate to progressive candidates under a structure that allows the organization to escape scrutiny.

Perhaps it’s time to take a closer look.

Something about ActBlue’s finances smells awfully rotten, and the American public shouldn’t settle for simply holding its nose. We all deserve answers to ensure safe and fair elections in America.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/09/16/actblue_raises_millions_in_suspicious_gift_card_do nations_144208.html

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,563 Times in 17,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Wrong, I am not freaking out. I knew when she died the Reds were going to force a new judge in. I know the reds lie. I was just waiting to see if any of them had some honor. I was immediately resigned. Trump was going to force one through even though in March 2016 he said he would not do it. He said it was wrong and they should wait until the next president came in. I knew he would not do it.

19. The Following User Groans At Nordberg For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-22-2020)

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-22-2020), PoliTalker (09-22-2020)

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

If the GOP rushes a nominee through and Trump wins re-election, then America has fundamentally changed.

America has rarely let things tilt to one side too significantly. What Republicans are doing right now is a massive overreach, especially in light of how they handled Garland.

I think they're making a miscalculation. But hey, I've been wrong before.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-22-2020)

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    If the GOP rushes a nominee through and Trump wins re-election, then America has fundamentally changed.
    Will you leave the country?
    Riot?
    Kill yourself?

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdberg View Post
    Wrong, I am not freaking out. I knew when she died the Reds were going to force a new judge in. I know the reds lie. I was just waiting to see if any of them had some honor. I was immediately resigned. Trump was going to force one through even though in March 2016 he said he would not do it. He said it was wrong and they should wait until the next president came in. I knew he would not do it.
    You're replying to yourself?