Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: My election prediction!

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Democrats still will though. Probably even more. They are going to want that free shit immediately.
    Donald Trump lied to your fat, stupid face about the threat of COVID, and you believed him because you're an idiot.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (09-22-2020)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,628 Times in 21,489 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Only one point so far, there might be riots and voters might blame Biden. That’s all you guys got?

I’m growing more confident...

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,494 Times in 9,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

This election is Biden's to lose! I hope he is boning up for the debate too?!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-22-2020)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I do not consider myself very much of a political prognosticator, I have been wrong as much as I am correct. I was wrong in 2016 and that has made me more careful.

However, I have been studying this years election and where we are and I have been asked to offer a prediction..... Until now I have held off because I did not think it was reasonable to make a prediction because it has been nothing but a shot in the dark, but I think I am ready to say that we have enough evidence to make a guess with a reasonable degree of likelihood that will be correct.

The polling this year is very unusually consistent, and that makes it a lot different than in 2016. Most Americans have made their mind up about Donald Trump and more recently seem to have rejected the idea that Joe Biden is suffering from some form of dementia. Biden, in the eyes of many is a reasonable alternative.

With a majority of voters seeming to have decided that Trump is not a good choice and that Biden is an acceptable one, and Biden polling over 50% in enough states to put his electoral vote count above 270 (This occured last week.) I think my prediction is solid. Arizona, Minnesota, Michigan and Wisconsin seem to have come safely into the Biden collum. Florida, Pennsylvania and North Carolina are all three tossups, with Pennsylvania leaning toward Biden. Since both candidates are already very well known by the voters. I am ready to say that unless something unforeseen occurs that changes the dynamic of this race (it might happen) Joe Biden and Kamilla Harris will be elected President and Vice President of the United States of America in 43 days.

There are still the debates, and maybe Biden will come out and step on his dick, or maybe Trump* has a huge October surprise that will come out, but like I said, if the fundamentals do not change Biden wins.

I was going to post this over the weekend, but decided to wait and consider if I felt the death of Ruth Bader Ginsberg would affect the outcome. I have thought about it, and read some thoughts of experts and talked to people I respect and I believe it will not fundamentally change the outcome, and if it does... it has just as much a chance of helping Biden as it does of helping Trump*.

I am happy to discuss...

Change my mind?!?!?!?
    If the election were held today, I might agree with your prediction, however, it isn't, and even a month can be an eternity in politics

Regardless of the polls, Trump has a lot of advantages, he is the incumbent, he is willing to do anything to win including enlisting elements of the Federal Gov't, legal or illegal, to aid him, which we have seen has already starting with Barr and Johnson, and, he surely has the aid of foreign entities, and why not, they know they won't be penalized but even defending by a major political party and news network

All of that becomes important cause I don't think Trump is anticipating winning the election, rather the post election, if mail in voting prevents a declared winner that night, which is a strong possibility, Trump is already set to litigate the hell of what follows planning that eventually it reaches the Supreme Court and Bret and Neil deliver as scripted

Too many unknown variables

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brad* View Post
    I do not consider myself very much of a political prognosticator, I have been wrong as much as I am correct.?
    Gov. Cuomo will be president.

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Biden slays Dump
    yuge gains in a deep blue house
    Dems squeak away with Senate majority

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Jarod (09-21-2020), PoliTalker (09-22-2020)

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

I would like to hear a compelling argument about why I am wrong, I always like to learn.

Do you think you are wrong?

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hiden View Post
    When has he been right?

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Can’t you read?

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    If the election were held today, I might agree with your prediction, however, it isn't, and even a month can be an eternity in politics

Regardless of the polls, Trump has a lot of advantages, he is the incumbent, he is willing to do anything to win including enlisting elements of the Federal Gov't, legal or illegal, to aid him, which we have seen has already starting with Barr and Johnson, and, he surely has the aid of foreign entities, and why not, they know they won't be penalized but even defending by a major political party and news network

All of that becomes important cause I don't think Trump is anticipating winning the election, rather the post election, if mail in voting prevents a declared winner that night, which is a strong possibility, Trump is already set to litigate the hell of what follows planning that eventually it reaches the Supreme Court and Bret and Neil deliver as scripted

Too many unknown variables
    These are valid points but if Biden wins by 8 points I don’t think Trump can overcome that.

LOCK HIM UP!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-22-2020)

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

These are valid points but if Biden wins by 8 points I don’t think Trump can overcome that.
    Didn't you predict that HRC would win?

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Can’t you read?
    Very well. Why do you want to be told you are wrong?

You will find out in November.

But I am glad I was able to make you make a prediction

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Very well. Why do you want to be told you are wrong?

You will find out in November.

But I am glad I was able to make you make a prediction
    You did not make me, I always planned to do so when it became a reasonable thing to do....

I am interested in if anyone has a compelling argument as to why I might be wrong. I don’t think I am wrong but if I am I’d like to see if anyone can explain what evidence I missed.

LOCK HIM UP!

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Donald Trump lied to your fat, stupid face about the threat of COVID, and you believed him because you're an idiot.
    Yes, but he is also poor, ill and alone, so he has that going for him. And he votes Trump.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Jarod (09-21-2020)

20. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So, it seems that the Trumper’s are penning their hopes on the idea that maybe the Democrats will riot, and maybe the voters will blame Biden for that. Is there anything else?

LOCK HIM UP!