Thread: My election prediction!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,619 Times in 21,482 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default My election prediction!

I do not consider myself very much of a political prognosticator, I have been wrong as much as I am correct. I was wrong in 2016 and that has made me more careful.

However, I have been studying this years election and where we are and I have been asked to offer a prediction..... Until now I have held off because I did not think it was reasonable to make a prediction because it has been nothing but a shot in the dark, but I think I am ready to say that we have enough evidence to make a guess with a reasonable degree of likelihood that will be correct.

The polling this year is very unusually consistent, and that makes it a lot different than in 2016. Most Americans have made their mind up about Donald Trump and more recently seem to have rejected the idea that Joe Biden is suffering from some form of dementia. Biden, in the eyes of many is a reasonable alternative.

With a majority of voters seeming to have decided that Trump is not a good choice and that Biden is an acceptable one, and Biden polling over 50% in enough states to put his electoral vote count above 270 (This occured last week.) I think my prediction is solid. Arizona, Minnesota, Michigan and Wisconsin seem to have come safely into the Biden collum. Florida, Pennsylvania and North Carolina are all three tossups, with Pennsylvania leaning toward Biden. Since both candidates are already very well known by the voters. I am ready to say that unless something unforeseen occurs that changes the dynamic of this race (it might happen) Joe Biden and Kamilla Harris will be elected President and Vice President of the United States of America in 43 days.

There are still the debates, and maybe Biden will come out and step on his dick, or maybe Trump* has a huge October surprise that will come out, but like I said, if the fundamentals do not change Biden wins.

I was going to post this over the weekend, but decided to wait and consider if I felt the death of Ruth Bader Ginsberg would affect the outcome. I have thought about it, and read some thoughts of experts and talked to people I respect and I believe it will not fundamentally change the outcome, and if it does... it has just as much a chance of helping Biden as it does of helping Trump*.

I am happy to discuss...

Change my mind?!?!?!?

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-22-2020), ThatOwlWoman (09-22-2020), Truth Detector (09-21-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

I hope you are correct, Jarod.

But I am not making any predictions, because NOTHING would surprise me at this point.

I will say this, though: Trump would happily tear down the United States if he loses. Make no mistake about it...he would leave destruction in his wake as he leaves.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-21-2020), PoliTalker (09-22-2020), signalmankenneth (09-21-2020), ThatOwlWoman (09-22-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    I hope you are correct, Jarod.

But I am not making any predictions, because NOTHING would surprise me at this point.

I will say this, though: Trump would happily tear down the United States if he loses. Make no mistake about it...he would leave destruction in his wake as he leaves.
    Yes, he will try to tear the country down as he leaves.

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-21-2020), PoliTalker (09-22-2020), signalmankenneth (09-21-2020)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wow, not a one of em is willing to try to argue that this is wrong.

LOCK HIM UP!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Frank Apisa (09-22-2020)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,969 Times in 14,556 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

The coming hissy fit riots over the SCOTUS will turn many undecided and on the fence voters it will be a loser for the Dems and will gain them nothing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

Truth Detector (09-21-2020)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    The coming hissy fit riots over the SCOTUS will turn many undecided and on the fence voters it will be a loser for the Dems and will gain them nothing.
    That might go either way.

LOCK HIM UP!

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I do not consider myself very much of a political prognosticator, ......I was wrong in 2016 and that has made me more careful.
    You've been wrong every time you bloviate your lie filled stupidity here snowflake.

I think my prediction is solid. Arizona, Minnesota, Michigan and Wisconsin seem to have come safely into the Biden collum. Florida, Pennsylvania and North Carolina are all three tossups, with Pennsylvania leaning toward Biden. Since both candidates are already very well known by the voters. I am ready to say that unless something unforeseen occurs that changes the dynamic of this race (it might happen) Joe Biden and Kamilla Harris will be elected President and Vice President of the United States of America in 43 days.
    SAVED! A pretend lawyer who can't spell column. Whodda think it. TAKE MY BET NOW: https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...to-participate
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (09-22-2020)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Trump would happily tear down the United States if he loses. Make no mistake about it...he would leave destruction in his wake as he leaves.
    Wrong again you whiny, lying asshole; that's what the left has been doing and are threatening to do. I hope they take to the streets with their guns after Trump's re-election. Great target practice.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes, he will try to tear the country down as he leaves.
    You must enjoy being wrong and looking like a tard.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (09-22-2020)

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wow, not a one of em is willing to try to argue that this is wrong.
    TAKE MY BET! https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...to-participate

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,543 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

notice how low grade TD gets triggered and machine gun posts to one post , 5 posts, yes very low grade
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Jarod (09-21-2020), moon (09-22-2020)

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

You mean like it was in 2018 with Kavanaugh?

What happened in 2018?

Oh right, the Democrats won the House with a 10,000,000 vote margin.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-21-2020), Jarod (09-21-2020)

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I am more convinced I am correct. Above is the only argument anyone could come up with since I posted this thread. Its not much of an argument but at least it was an attempt. Looks like those who can think logically dont disagree with my prediction.

LOCK HIM UP!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-21-2020)

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

I do not consider myself very much of a political prognosticator, I have been wrong as much as I am correct. I was wrong in 2016 and that has made me more careful.

However, I have been studying this years election and where we are and I have been asked to offer a prediction..... Until now I have held off because I did not think it was reasonable to make a prediction because it has been nothing but a shot in the dark, but I think I am ready to say that we have enough evidence to make a guess with a reasonable degree of likelihood that will be correct.

The polling this year is very unusually consistent, and that makes it a lot different than in 2016. Most Americans have made their mind up about Donald Trump and more recently seem to have rejected the idea that Joe Biden is suffering from some form of dementia. Biden, in the eyes of many is a reasonable alternative.

With a majority of voters seeming to have decided that Trump is not a good choice and that Biden is an acceptable one, and Biden polling over 50% in enough states to put his electoral vote count above 270 (This occured last week.) I think my prediction is solid. Arizona, Minnesota, Michigan and Wisconsin seem to have come safely into the Biden collum. Florida, Pennsylvania and North Carolina are all three tossups, with Pennsylvania leaning toward Biden. Since both candidates are already very well known by the voters. I am ready to say that unless something unforeseen occurs that changes the dynamic of this race (it might happen) Joe Biden and Kamilla Harris will be elected President and Vice President of the United States of America in 43 days.

There are still the debates, and maybe Biden will come out and step on his dick, or maybe Trump* has a huge October surprise that will come out, but like I said, if the fundamentals do not change Biden wins.

I was going to post this over the weekend, but decided to wait and consider if I felt the death of Ruth Bader Ginsberg would affect the outcome. I have thought about it, and read some thoughts of experts and talked to people I respect and I believe it will not fundamentally change the outcome, and if it does... it has just as much a chance of helping Biden as it does of helping Trump*.

I am happy to discuss...

Change my mind?!?!?!?
    I think Biden will win the popular vote by at least 5 million.

I think the Democrats will flip the seats they need to take the Senate back.

I think the Democrats will expand their House majority by about 10 seats.

I think Biden surprises with a win in Georgia, but I think he loses Texas by less than 2%.

On a state level, I think if Biden wins Texas, the state legislature will flip to blue.

I think there's going to be several state houses that change hands.

This SCOTUS fight is what motivated Democrats in 2018...no reason to believe they wouldn't repeat that performance in 2020.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

26. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-21-2020)