Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am interested in your thoughts?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,870 Times in 21,642 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,675 Times in 5,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default I am interested in your thoughts?

Why would this help Trump. If he gets a new S.Ct. on the bench, many centerists might well think... Ok, the S.Ct is shorn up for a few decades, Trump's* usefulness is over, lets cut the bleeding for the Republican party and get rid of him.

An independent friend of mine who voted for Trump* basically said as much to me before Ginsberg died, that he voted for Trump because he felt we had gone too far left, but now he feels we have gone too far right. He is voting Biden...

I understand the Republicans are excited about the S.Ct., but as far as Trump* is concerned, he will win the S. Ct. battle, but it does not seem to me a lock that doing so will help him win the election.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

2. The Following User Groans At Jarod For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-21-2020)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-21-2020), PoliTalker (09-21-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,989 Times in 8,360 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Why would this help Trump. If he gets a new S.Ct. on the bench, many centerists might well think... Ok, the S.Ct is shorn up for a few decades, Trump's* usefulness is over, lets cut the bleeding for the Republican party and get rid of him.

An independent friend of mine who voted for Trump* basically said as much to me before Ginsberg died, that he voted for Trump because he felt we had gone too far left, but now he feels we have gone too far right. He is voting Biden...

I understand the Republicans are excited about the S.Ct., but as far as Trump* is concerned, he will win the S. Ct. battle, but it does not seem to me a lock that doing so will help him win the election.
    It wont help him at all. Trump is hardly a William F Buckley conservative so any movement right has been marginal.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

Jarod (09-21-2020)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,183 Times in 13,933 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

Filling the seat means little for the election, however, the attention the process gets will be a major deflection for Trump away from the pandemic, look for Mitch to do anything he can to keep the proceedings front and center on the media agenda.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-21-2020)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,815 Times in 2,129 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 56 Times in 52 Posts

Of course, all the anecdotes coming from leftists pretend to speak for Republicans or Independents who voted for Trump but now somehow "regret their decision" and now feel they must support radical anarchist rioting and looting.

Those same Leftist snowflakes tend to claim "I was all set to vote for Trump but then I saw [insert latest trivial non-event] and I just had to throw my support the other way."

You aren't convincing anyone that you are somehow a superstar political strategist. Trump is going to fill the seat with a woman and it will garner him even more support than he has now.
    Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Oh no, not another one of GayRod's friends.

He has the opportunity to reshape the court for decades. You don't pass that up.

Are you saying that if the roles were reversed with democrats in the White House and having the Senate they wouldn't push through a pick? Is that what you are saying?

The President is President for four years. Not three.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.3 For This Post:

Earl (09-21-2020)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

They would have no more use for him.

They could be honest with themselves and their disgust for him.

Trump could be shooting himself in the foot.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-21-2020)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IBDaMann View Post
    Of course, all the anecdotes coming from leftists pretend to speak for Republicans or Independents who voted for Trump but now somehow "regret their decision" and now feel they must support radical anarchist rioting and looting.

Those same Leftist snowflakes tend to claim "I was all set to vote for Trump but then I saw [insert latest trivial non-event] and I just had to throw my support the other way."

You aren't convincing anyone that you are somehow a superstar political strategist. Trump is going to fill the seat with a woman and it will garner him even more support than he has now.

You can always count on a "friend" anecdote from GayRod during election time. He was loaded with them in 2016 when he guaranteed us Hillary would win Florida

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,654 Times in 17,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Filling the seat means little for the election, however, the attention the process gets will be a major deflection for Trump away from the pandemic, look for Mitch to do anything he can to keep the proceedings front and center on the media agenda.
    Well, anchovies, I voted for the president, in large part, because of Supreme Court nominations...two confirmed, another in a few weeks...more in his second term.

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,301 Times in 53,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

I suspect that trying to ram through a new appointee before the election will blow up in their faces. This will energize the (D) base, for one thing. Already I'm hearing and reading (D)s saying that Trump can use a stacked Court to challenge the election and attempt to stay in the WH. IMO possible but unlikely. But just the threat of that is going to bring out the electorate which won't be a good thing for the (R)s, from the IMPOTUS on down the line.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

16. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-21-2020)

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    They would have no more use for him.

They could be honest with themselves and their disgust for him.

Trump could be shooting himself in the foot.
    He isn't the racist moron Biden or the kamal so if for no other reason that makes him useful.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

Earl (09-21-2020)

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hiden View Post

He has the opportunity to reshape the court for decades. You don't pass that up.

Are you saying that if the roles were reversed with democrats in the White House and having the Senate they wouldn't push through a pick? Is that what you are saying?

Indeed, if the radical Democrats had the Senate and the White House, they would do the exact same thing.

They were warned about the consequences of the Dirty Harry Reid nuclear option but they ignored those warnings and now, their chickens have come home to roost.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Yakuda (09-21-2020)

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I suspect that trying to ram through a new appointee before the election will blow up in their faces. This will energize the (D) base, for one thing. Already I'm hearing and reading (D)s saying that Trump can use a stacked Court to challenge the election and attempt to stay in the WH. IMO possible but unlikely. But just the threat of that is going to bring out the electorate which won't be a good thing for the (R)s, from the IMPOTUS on down the line.
    It’s difficult to energize anyone for Dementia Joe.

He’s a commericai for mental institutions...where he belongs.

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IBDaMann View Post

I do not consider myself a good prognosticator, that is why I asked.

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hiden View Post

If the rolls were reversed the Democrats would do the same thing, I would not like it but they would.

I think its the death knell for Susan Collins and the Republican Senators from Arizona and North Carolina.

LOCK HIM UP!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Yakuda (09-21-2020)

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Indeed, if the radical Democrats had the Senate and the White House, they would do the exact same thing.

They were warned about the consequences of the Dirty Harry Reid nuclear option but they ignored those warnings and now, their chickens have come home to roost.
    But the left continues to prove Thomas Sowell was right when he referred to them as, first level thinkers.