Members banned from this thread: Cypress, Jarod, evince, Truth Detector, canceled.2021.3, Text Drivers are Killers, domer76, archives, Nomad, CharacterAssassin, PoliTalker, rjhenn, Patricktm, Guno צְבִי and Cancel 2020.2

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The so called conservatives on JPP

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatFowlWoman View Post

2. #47 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,612 Times in 17,052 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Is this supposed to mean something? You've been hanging around the retard "teacher" too long, bubba. lol
    Well, I will try to make it simpler for you to understand...
    Why do you care? I don't. Is that simple enough for you?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Why do the so called conservatives on JPP believe to be a conservative one must walk in lock step with Trump? True Republican conservatives give the president credit for his good policies but can openly disagree on presidential actions they feel are wrong for the country.

Here on JPP as soon as anyone disagrees with Trump they are immediately call a liberal. I suppose they believe the 1st amendment only applies to those who walk in lockstep with the president.

I know I will be attacked for this post but I am exercising my right to free speech.
    It's nothing to do with the 1st amendment but it is all about tribalism. It's a 'ride or die' mentality of either you're all in or you might as well be on the other side. And unfortunately it's permeates all our politics. From the left try being a black person who supports any Republican and see the names they are called (Uncle Tom, sellout, coon, not invited to the BBQ etc. etc.), it's not pretty.

Anyone who has followed politics through multiple administrations knows that each 'side' says one thing when in power and often something different when out of power. Thus the hypocrisy of calling it out when you don't like the person doing it and being ok with it when its done by a person you like. Not sure that will ever change. Tribalism and partisanship is too strong. This board is a perfect example.

4. The Following User Groans At cawacko For This Awful Post:

canceled.2021.3 (09-21-2020)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (09-21-2020)

6. #49 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,612 Times in 17,052 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Trump is not your idol but to some here the sun rises and sets in Trump's ass. I like many of his policies, but he does a lot of things I really dislike. So if that makes me a leftie so be it. I loved Bush but disliked many things he did. I was taught to be my own man so I go with my perceptions which are mostly correct.
    Understand, almost everyone dislikes something about the president, no matter who they may be. It isn't unusual.
    I think Trump babbles too much, I'd cut him off of that twitter, he says stupid shit, but I agree with (most of) his policies.
    Yep, I'm voting for him again with no reservations considering his opponent will be a puppet for the far left, whom I disagree.
    I've had arguments with conservatives on this board, no big deal. But in the direction of things, Trump is the best candidate.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Why do the so called conservatives on JPP believe to be a conservative one must walk in lock step with Trump? True Republican conservatives give the president credit for his good policies but can openly disagree on presidential actions they feel are wrong for the country.

Here on JPP as soon as anyone disagrees with Trump they are immediately call a liberal. I suppose they believe the 1st amendment only applies to those who walk in lockstep with the president.

I know I will be attacked for this post but I am exercising my right to free speech.
    Is your pussy sore?

8. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,397 Times in 53,276 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Well, I will try to make it simpler for you to understand...
    Why do you care? I don't. Is that simple enough for you?
    Why do I care if a person is attacked for speaking out against a corrupt and incompetent leader? Seriously? You *don't* care?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

9. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,625 Times in 11,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Understand, almost everyone dislikes something about the president, no matter who they may be. It isn't unusual.
    I think Trump babbles too much, I'd cut him off of that twitter, he says stupid shit, but I agree with (most of) his policies.
    Yep, I'm voting for him again with no reservations considering his opponent will be a puppet for the far left, whom I disagree.
    I've had arguments with conservatives on this board, no big deal. But in the direction of things, Trump is the best candidate.
    What scares me the most is the possibility that Biden will win resign and Harris becomes president.

10. The Following User Groans At Eagle_Eye For This Awful Post:

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

RB 60 (09-22-2020)

12. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,625 Times in 11,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hiden View Post
    Is your pussy sore?
    Sorry I don't have one but yours must really ache as you are constantly suffering from PMS.

13. The Following User Groans At Eagle_Eye For This Awful Post:

14. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sad & true.........

If ppl in the party will not hold their leadership accountable, who will??

They need to be pushed & occasionally kicked to stay on course..

When Obama was elected I & many others did exactly this-held him to account, as best we could-not to bash him or just to critsize/tear down, but to hold him to his promises & responsibility to those that elected him...

THis is a classic example & one every voter should cherish:

Belafonte recounted what FDR replied upon hearing Randolph's remarks: "You know, Mr. Randolph, I've heard everything you've said tonight, and I couldn't agree with you more. I agree with everything that you've said, including my capacity to be able to right many of these wrongs and to use my power and the bully pulpit. ... But I would ask one thing of you, Mr. Randolph, and that is go out and make me do it."

That should make it quite clear..

This is an aid, not a hindrance..

FDR used it often, something to the affect: "this is not my doing or will, the ppl demand it of me".....cool_80_anim_gif.jpg
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

15. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Conservatives have *always* behaved like this. No dissent is allowed, nor is criticism of the dear leader. This is how they keep their politicians in line. Step out of it, and you're accused of being a RINO and you will be primaried. You can thank the Teatards for this, among others.

Lefties do the same thing but to a much lesser extent. I have friends who are Greenie and Bernie supporters who hate all other (D) candidates -- yet we can still talk civilly about Biden vs. ___ vs. ___ vs. Trump. Only a few get outraged over dissent. My conservative friends -- other than you and Uncle -- are just the opposite. They are fully invested in the Toadstool and you better be as well if you want to call yourself a conservative.
    Yep, pretty much what I have observed over many years..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

16. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I'm not the one who started a thread to complain about a "verbal lynching" because someone called me names, am I?

Fowl gave you some sympathy, which it seems you crave. Have you considered becoming one of her apparatchiks?
    Stop legion... The OP isn't about name calling, it is about the demand for lock-step conformity, but you knew that......... Name calling is a tool used to try & shut ppl up...........

Has anyone here ever heard you utter a foul word or thought opposing anything from your mango messiah??

17. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    I sure can what I can't stand is the bitchy whining you do you fucking pussy.
    Awwe the board biggest new bitch don't like competition??

18. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    It's nothing to do with the 1st amendment but it is all about tribalism. It's a 'ride or die' mentality of either you're all in or you might as well be on the other side. And unfortunately it's permeates all our politics. From the left try being a black person who supports any Republican and see the names they are called (Uncle Tom, sellout, coon, not invited to the BBQ etc. etc.), it's not pretty.

Anyone who has followed politics through multiple administrations knows that each 'side' says one thing when in power and often something different when out of power. Thus the hypocrisy of calling it out when you don't like the person doing it and being ok with it when its done by a person you like. Not sure that will ever change. Tribalism and partisanship is too strong. This board is a perfect example.
    Well said

19. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shill View Post
    Stop legion...
    No. You don't get to stifle my freedom of expression. Muh rights!

The OP isn't about name calling.........
    I am not afraid of being called names.
    Name calling is a tool used to try & shut ppl up...........
    So you say, Shill.

Has anyone here ever heard you utter a foul word or thought opposing anything from your mango messiah?
    Not that I know of. Since I have no "messiah" (mango or otherwise), that's hardly surprising, Shill.

20. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I did............