Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Right Defines The Right. The Left Defines The Left.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default The Right Defines The Right. The Left Defines The Left.

It was easy to argue for the left.

All that is required is to post the facts and back them up with links to solid credible sources.

The right shoots itself in the foot because the right TRIES to define the left with a bunch of made-up nonsense.

The left doesn't have to make up anything about the right. The right is so bad, all the left needs to do is state the facts.

The left is solidly footed in reality, the right is hopelessly lost in propaganda.

The right is obsessed with the left, fixated, gripped with hatred and fear.

The left is astonished at the right.

If you ask the left what is wrong with the right you will get a fairly accurate description. No need to embellish.

If you ask the right what is wrong with the left you will generally get fantasy and fabricated falsehoods.

Sure, there are exceptions on both sides. I'm certainly speaking of generalities here.

But the stark difference cannot be ignored. It's real.

The biggest problem for the right is it constantly attempts to redefine the left, and in so doing it defines itself as fake.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (09-21-2020)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-21-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Right Defines The Right. The Left Defines The Left.

The right doesn't get this.

They think they can redefine the left.

It is their biggest mistake.

Or is it all they have?

What if the right dropped all the nasty character attacks?

What would they actually have?

'Cut taxes?'

We've gone too far with that and we are no longer paying for our government.

That can't last long like that.

We are running the country on credit right now.

Sooner or later we have to pay for what we spend.

And we can't cut spending without absolutely trashing the economy.

The math doesn't lie, can't be spun.

So all the right is left with is personal attacks, character attacks, making things up about the left to try to stir up emotions.

Well, emotions don't balance a budget.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The right's biggest problem is it thinks it can redefine the left.

So it makes stuff up, loses track of reality, and loses credibility.

6. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (09-21-2020)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-21-2020)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 8,420 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

All that is required is to post the facts and back them up with links to solid credible sources.

The right shoots itself in the foot because the right TRIES to define the left with a bunch of made-up nonsense.

The left doesn't have to make up anything about the right. The right is so bad, all the left needs to do is state the facts.

The left is solidly footed in reality, the right is hopelessly lost in propaganda.

If you ask the left what is wrong with the right you will get a fairly accurate description. No need to embellish.

If you ask the right what is wrong with the left you will generally get fantasy and fabricated falsehoods.

Sure, there are exceptions on both sides. I'm certainly speaking of generalities here.

The biggest problem for the right is it constantly attempts to redefine the left, and in so doing it defines itself as fake.
    So you write some dumbass mumbo jumbo about citing credible sources for the claims you make. Ok. I have seen you needle dicks claim lives could have been saved from covid had trump acted differently somehow. Cite the credible source that proves even 1 life could have been saved had trump done something differently. Your next post better have links or specific info about where someone can find the proof.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (09-21-2020), coldjoint (09-21-2020)

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The right's biggest problem is it thinks it can redefine the left.

So it makes stuff up, loses track of reality, and loses credibility.

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    So you write some dumbass mumbo jumbo about citing credible sources for the claims you make. Ok. I have seen you needle dicks claim lives could have been saved from covid had trump acted differently somehow. Cite the credible source that proves even 1 life could have been saved had trump done something differently. Your next post better have links or specific info about where someone can find the proof.

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I did the work for you because I know how stupid and lazy you are. I found an article on statnews form june 19,2020 and it claims 70-99% of american deaths could have been saved. They compared the US to South Korea, Australia, Germany and Singapore. The number dead from each of those countries respectively are 385, 851, 9464 and 27. Their populations are much smaller but what was interesting is the number of confirmed cases. Those numbers respectively are 23k, 26k, 273k1 and 57k. Confirmed cases in the US? 6 million. The closest population to ours is Germany with 83 million people. Those countries clearly arent testing anywhere near as much as us but are being held up as models for how to handle the disease? Fucking morons.
    Last edited by Yakuda; 09-21-2020 at 08:35 AM.

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It is always refreshing to find someone who can sincerely argue for the right.

That is because there are so few who can do so.

Most of what comes out of the right is really just a big Straw Man argument.

Trying to redefine the left.

The left is abhorred by the right.

The right really has no idea what the left is all about because the right is too busy making things up.

Example: Most people on the right think the left hates Trump.

The perception could hardly be further from the reality.

The left is rightly abhorred at Trump because he is so heartless and mean.

-Ripping crying children from their parents, never to be seen again.

-Attempting to take health care away from the working poor during a pandemic.

It's unconscionable. There is a Supreme Court Case to be heard after the election to take health care away from those who cannot afford it, even as the coronavirus ravages America and over 200 thousand Americans have been killed.

It appears the reason Trump has downplayed the crisis is because it affects minorities and the working poor more greatly than it does the rich.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-21-2020)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It is always refreshing to find someone who can sincerely argue for the right.

That is because there are so few who can do so.

Most of what comes out of the right is really just a big Straw Man argument.

Trying to redefine the left.

The left is abhorred by the right.

The right really has no idea what the left is all about because the right is too busy making things up.

Example: Most people on the right think the left hates Trump.

The perception could hardly be further from the reality.

The left is rightly abhorred at Trump because he is so heartless and mean.

-Ripping crying children from their parents, never to be seen again.

-Attempting to take health care away from the working poor during a pandemic.

It's unconscionable. There is a Supreme Court Case to be heard after the election to take health care away from those who cannot afford it, even as the coronavirus ravages America and over 200 thousand Americans have been killed.

It appears the reason Trump has downplayed the crisis is because it affects minorities and the working poor more greatly than it does the rich.
    I notice you didn't offer one independent source to address the points i made and in fact this whole thread is based on nothing but you're opinion. Fascinating

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Still looking for a polite person to argue earnestly for the right.

So rare!

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This is a real problem for the right.

They don't see the left as it is.

What they see is a Straw Man version.

Another example.

The right thinks Trump gave us a great economy..

Wrong!

The economy that Trump inherited was excellent.

The economy was doing great long before Trump took office.

But if you ask Trump supporters, they will tell you that Trump created a great economy.

They think Obama was somehow holding the economy back.

What?

By paying the bills?

Obama reduced the deficit, was very responsible with the federal budget. We were collecting almost enough taxes to pay for the government. We really should have raised taxes on the rich some more, but everybody knows there is no way Obama could have gotten any kind of bill like that on his desk with the Republicans in control of the Senate.

Trump came in, cut taxes for the rich, cut revenue, racked up a bunch of debt, which had the same effect as throwing money at the economy.

Well of course the economy is going to perk up if you throw money at it. But where did that money come from? It was BORROWED. All of it. Every cent was tacked onto the federal debt.

You can't go on like that. That's OK for a few years, sure. Of course you can improve an existing economy if you throw money at it.

But the money wasn't free.

It was borrowed, and it will have to be paid back by future generations.

That was irresponsible.

The right thinks Trump did a great job with the economy, but that is another lie.

He threw money at it that we didn't have.

He racked up a lot of debt.

He has been exactly the precise thing the right USED TO argue against. Borrow and spend.

The federal government is no bigger than it was when Trump took office and the debt has skyrocketed.

The right fools itself about Trump and it fools itself about the left.

The left doesn't have to make anything up about the right to criticize it.

The right defines the right, and it's ugly.

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,351 Times in 13,456 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 846 Times in 805 Posts

When I smack the Left down, I like to quote from the stuff they've written and put on the Internet. It's easy to jam their stupidity down their throats. When you get that far on the Right, the crazy isn't even worth responding to. But the crazy on the Left is lots of fun because it's taken seriously even as it is completely insane.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

coldjoint (09-21-2020)

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,351 Times in 13,456 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 846 Times in 805 Posts

This is a real problem for the right.

They don't see the left as it is.

What they see is a Straw Man version.
    Do expand on this with some.

You mention the Obama economy. When Obama left office, it was:

4.7% unemployment (by the U30 measure)
    62.7% employment participation rate. (this measures those employed against the number of persons who could be employed)
    Number of people on welfare +33%
    Home ownership rate - 3.8%
    Federal debt +128%
    Cost of health insurance +43%

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...conomy-charts/

(I deliberately picked an Obama friendly, Leftist paper to quote because even they can't spin this back to good)

On the whole, the Obama economy was one in recovery. What Obama did was slow the rate of that recovery by imposing more regulation and trying to force changes on the economy like his war on oil and coal.
    Trump picked up where Obama left off in that recovery, and by reducing regulation and allowing a return to business of many sectors of the economy without imposition of government mandates, the economy improved fasted than under Obama. That increase is both measurable and significant, but it isn't as massive as Trump touts.
    One indicator that is clearly far better under Trump is the massive decrease in food stamps, welfare, etc. numbers right up to the COVID nonsense hitting. This is undeniable.
    So, the economy Trump inherited was doing alright. Not great, but okay. Trump did improve on those numbers. He didn't make it the greatest or anything but he did make it better than under Obama, if only by degree. Obama was holding the economy back. Both in pushing Green initiatives and in raising taxes, and by imposing lots of new regulation.
    Obama had his first two years in office to do as he pleased. This he squandered on Obamacare which saw a massive, unprecedented, rise in the cost of medical insurance (up 43% by the time he left office) for roughly the same number of uninsured in the US as when he came in. In other words, all Obamacare really accomplished was to grossly raise the cost of medical insurance. This is something Trump has yet to really address. Yes, he did try to repeal Obamacare, but killing a big government program is nearly impossible to do. There are simply too many vested interests in these once well established to kill them off.

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    When I smack the Left down, I like to quote from the stuff they've written and put on the Internet. It's easy to jam their stupidity down their throats. When you get that far on the Right, the crazy isn't even worth responding to. But the crazy on the Left is lots of fun because it's taken seriously even as it is completely insane.
    I'm not looking to do any smack-downs of anybody. I just want to hash out what's best for the country and society. Ideas that won't work must be abandoned and replaced with more effective policy. The left-right differences are simply what I have noticed.