This debate is between: canceled.2021.3 and Doc Dutch

Thread: ILA vs Dutch Uncle - Who would be your perfect candidate?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Default ILA vs Dutch Uncle - Who would be your perfect candidate?

Dear Dutch

When you aren't feverishly scouting out sock accounts, you spend a great deal of time bashing Trump and Trump supporters, yet you claim to be "right leaning" libertarian. So since you despise Trump and apparently aren't going to vote for him, tell us who your candidate is? Who out there embodies all that your admire and appeals to your political principles that you tell us about daily? Who out there is 100% in alignment with all that you believe? Share with us a name

Who is that person? We all would like to know.

It is one thing f to say you hate Trump and won't support him and tell us what you oppose. It is quite another to tell us what you support and put it out there for all to see.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.3 For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (09-21-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,417 Times in 52,442 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Loaded questions are not a debate, they are an attack. Yes, I think Trump is unfit to be President and would prefer Pence, whom I've posted several times I would vote for. I've also posted several times who I am voting for so anyone who is interested can look it up. Unfortunately, none of the candidates fill what you asked: "embodies all that your admire and appeals to your political principles that you tell us about daily?" None I have found fill even 75%, and that's being generous, much less 100%.

People who claim to speak for others by using the royal "we" are either Royalty or have mental issue...usually narcissism or delusions of grandeur in thinking they are more valuable than they are. As such, I consider such people to be dishonest and not worth much of my time. Honest people, of course, are highly respected by myself even if I continually disagree with them. The Scalia-Ginsburg friendship is an example of two polar opposite but honest people who can talk honestly with each other.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (09-21-2020), Phantasmal (09-21-2020), StoneByStone (09-22-2020), ThatOwlWoman (09-21-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Loaded questions are not a debate, they are an attack. Yes, I think Trump is unfit to be President and would prefer Pence, whom I've posted several times I would vote for. I've also posted several times who I am voting for so anyone who is interested can look it up. Unfortunately, none of the candidates fill what you asked: "embodies all that your admire and appeals to your political principles that you tell us about daily?" None I have found fill even 75%, and that's being generous, much less 100%.

People who claim to speak for others by using the royal "we" are either Royalty or have mental issue...usually narcissism or delusions of grandeur in thinking they are more valuable than they are. As such, I consider such people to be dishonest and not worth much of my time. Honest people, of course, are highly respected by myself even if I continually disagree with them. The Scalia-Ginsburg friendship is an example of two polar opposite but honest people who can talk honestly with each other.
    I am surprised you didn’t bring up the Reagan-Tipper relationship everyone bandies about

So what is it about Pence you like?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.3 For This Post:

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,417 Times in 52,442 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hiden View Post
    I am surprised you didn’t bring up the Reagan-Tipper relationship everyone bandies about

So what is it about Pence you like?
    When you are honest with me, we can debate. Until then, I'm out.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

8. The Following User Groans At Doc Dutch For This Awful Post:

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    When you are honest with me, we can debate. Until then, I'm out.
    I am sorry if I made you uncomfortable with such straightforward questions. Even though you didn’t answer my questions directly you actually did answer

Thanks and have a blessed day

10. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.3 For This Post: