Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 60% voters say a viable 3rd party is needed to have an effective political system!!!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Werewolf 60% voters say a viable 3rd party is needed to have an effective political system!!!

Poll: 60 percent of voters say a viable third party is needed to have an effective political system

A majority of voters believe a viable third party is needed in order to have an effective political system, a new Hill-HarrisX poll finds.
    Sixty percent of registered voters in the Sept. 10-14 survey said here needs to be a more viable third party system while 40 percent said the current two-party system is working.

Democrats and Independents were more interested in having a viable third party.
    Sixty-one percent of Democrats ad 68 percent of Independents said a viable third party is needed.
    Republican voters were more split at 51 percent support for a third party.
    The poll also found that Joe Biden voters were less likely than supporters of President Trump to say the current two-party system is working.
    Sixty-seven percent of voters who said they plan to cast their ballots for Biden believe a viable third party is needed. By contrast, 53 percent of Trump voters said the same.
    The Hill-HarrisX poll was conducted online among 3,758 registered voters between Sept. 10-14. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 1.6 percentage points.
    Gabriela Schulte

"There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

I have no problem with that.

We would benefit from a parliamentary system.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jacksonsprat22 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-20-2020)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,030 Times in 8,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Sixty percent of registered voters in the Sept. 10-14 survey said here needs to be a more viable third party system while 40 percent said the current two-party system is working.
    I don't have a problem with a two party system in general, but I feel the Republicans have lost their way. I would like to see two mainstream parties. The Republicans have been captured by the Alt Right, and have become the party of trump.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-20-2020)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I don't have a problem with a two party system in general, but I feel the Republicans have lost their way. I would like to see two mainstream parties. The Republicans have been captured by the Alt Right, and have become the party of trump.
    Lets just look at healthcare for a moment. Every first world country has universal healthcare of one of the three basic varieties. You can either have mandatory private insurance, single payer, or government owned healthcare. Germany has mandatory private insurance. Canada has single payer. The UK has government owned healthcare.

In America, all three possible plans are stuffed into one party (the Democrats), with the Republicans being the only mainstream party in the first world to be against any form of universal healthcare. That means we do not have a real debate over how best to get universal healthcare.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-20-2020)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonsprat22 View Post
    I have no problem with that.

We would benefit from a parliamentary system.
    Totally agree.

The current system benefits the two parties & the rich that own them...........

Our great grandchildren will not be learning Spanish, German or French, it will be Mandarin & these corporations & politicians will usher these events.......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Fair enough.

Personally don't think they rep us, but their corporate sponsors.....

Nor do I think one, or two corrupt parties are enough to represent the vast & varied opinions & ideals of 330,000,000 Americans..

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Lets just look at healthcare for a moment. Every first world country has universal healthcare of one of the three basic varieties. You can either have mandatory private insurance, single payer, or government owned healthcare. Germany has mandatory private insurance. Canada has single payer. The UK has government owned healthcare.

In America, all three possible plans are stuffed into one party (the Democrats), with the Republicans being the only mainstream party in the first world to be against any form of universal healthcare. That means we do not have a real debate over how best to get universal healthcare.
    When hillary brought it up why didn't her husband?? Did all the Dem party support her or did they cave to the money??

When Obama was elected I recall it was pelosi, not the gop that took it off the table.............

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Poll: 60 percent of voters say a viable third party is needed to have an effective political system

[FONT="]A majority of voters believe a viable third party is needed in order to have an effective political system, a new Hill-HarrisX poll finds.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]Sixty percent of registered voters in the Sept. 10-14 survey said here needs to be a more viable third party system while 40 percent said the current two-party system is working.[/FONT]
    [FONT="][/FONT]
    [FONT="]Democrats and Independents were more interested in having a viable third party.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]Sixty-one percent of Democrats ad 68 percent of Independents said a viable third party is needed. [/FONT]
    [FONT="]Republican voters were more split at 51 percent support for a third party.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]The poll also found that Joe Biden voters were less likely than supporters of President Trump to say the current two-party system is working.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]Sixty-seven percent of voters who said they plan to cast their ballots for Biden believe a viable third party is needed. By contrast, 53 percent of Trump voters said the same.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]The Hill-HarrisX poll was conducted online among 3,758 registered voters between Sept. 10-14. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 1.6 percentage points.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]—Gabriela Schulte[/FONT]

I'm kind of getting sick of both sides so I'd probably fit a bill for the new party. A poster on another forum referred to me as Bull Moose and I often feel more relevance to that nickname lately.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Need to get rid of single member district. Create a multi party system.

Thing about it is, most countries with multi party form coalitions anyway. And ends up being similar to 2 party.

Also you get more extremists parties that aren't nec better.
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

And yet no 3rd party has managed 5%.

Hmmmmmm.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,494 Times in 9,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

Bring back The Whig Party?

https://www.modernwhig.org/about

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    I'm kind of getting sick of both sides so I'd probably fit a bill for the new party. A poster on another forum referred to me as Bull Moose and I often feel more relevance to that nickname lately.
    LOL, tis a compliment............

I honestly don't believe anyone agrees w/ their party platforms 100%, nor should they...........

Sadly the current regime & fans demand complete subservience to the usurper of their party...... Disagreeing w/ him in whole or part is not tolerated~really a nasty foreign subversive undermining of free thinking Americans to force conformity & obedience to him..........

The other party pushed out other viable contenders & they, the party leaders picked biden as their best options.......... Kinda sad when he is their best option, but that is what the country has come down to.............

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,905 Times in 7,965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Instead of some goofball wacko extremist right/left wing waste of time, someone should just start a Centrist Party.

Invite everyone who views themselves as moderates, be they R or D.

Let the loonies have those two parties and take voters from both.

I have a feeling the D's would lose more than the R's though, as the R's seem to have more people with extremist views amongst them.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Personally don't think they rep us, but their corporate sponsors.....
    Think about this, a third party might just represent even more corporate sponsors. In many countries, wealthy people can setup their own small party, and get nearly automatic parliament membership. They then demand a cut of the spoils to join a coalition.

Or maybe more parties will allow for easier replacement of corrupt parties. Our current system has the two parties so baked into it that it is impossible to replace them. They are almost like the Communist Party of the USSR, except with two of them.

Nor do I think one, or two corrupt parties are enough to represent the vast & varied opinions & ideals of 330,000,000 Americans..
    In the end, we need to refine down all those different views into ONE government. That government needs to have limitations, so that it is not everything we are. We do not all need to eat the same dinner, or watch the same TV show, because there is a need to have one government. But our society needs to either go to war, or not. We need to either build a road, or not. We need to have one final decision on many issues.

Arguably refining it all down to two parties could then help refine it further to one government.

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Instead of some goofball wacko extremist right/left wing waste of time, someone should just start a Centrist Party.

Invite everyone who views themselves as moderates, be they R or D.

Let the loonies have those two parties and take voters from both.

I have a feeling the D's would lose more than the R's though, as the R's seem to have more people with extremist views amongst them.
    I think that was what John Anderson was striving for when he ran.. He did fairly well considering, almost 7%