Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can you really be an American Christian if you don't fully support trump, god's rep?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    He can't. That's pretty much it.
    How can I if I don't know him personally or have seen him expressing his beliefs? I never specified him.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Do you think those "Evangelicals" and "Faith Healers" understand Christianity when they amass wealth and own mansions, yachts and private jets?

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    How can I if I don't know him personally or have seen him expressing his beliefs? I never specified him.
    Just stop fucking around and answer his fucking question already nitwit.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Just stop fucking around and answer his fucking question already nitwit.
    LOL.

His question is, as an Evangelical (I wasn't referring to him in particular), what specifically does he not understand.

Evangelicals by definition spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Do you think those Evangelicals I mentioned (NOT RB), are about spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

5. #50 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,602 Times in 17,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Actually it's Trump's Evangelicals who don't understand Christianity at all.
    I said Trump's Evangelicals. That's a specific subgroup.
    I never said you don't understand.

But anyway, since you asked, why would honest Evangelicals vote for someone who is contrary to the Christian values?
    I've told you. If, as an Evangelical, you knew that Trump doesn't support or believe in your Christian values, why would you vote for him?
    Read your first quote, and those that follow..

I said I'm an Evangelical and support Trump.

Now, what don't I (or we) understand?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LOL.

His question is, as an Evangelical (I wasn't referring to him in particular), what specifically does he not understand.

Evangelicals by definition spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Do you think those Evangelicals I mentioned (NOT RB), are about spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
    No, He asked you what he didn't understand in response to an earlier statement you made.

Don't lie to me again.

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Read your first quote, and those that follow..

I said I'm an Evangelical and support Trump.

Now, what don't I (or we) understand?
    I didn't say Evangelicals who support Trump. I said Trump's Evangelicals. Big difference.

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, He asked you what he didn't understand in response to an earlier statement you made.

Don't lie to me again.
    Okay since you two guys insist, I'll try to answer.

Why do Evangelicals support someone who is a serial adulterer, been married and divorced few times, made fun of Christians, don't believe in Christian values, is greedy and so on?

Is that the way the Evangelicals want to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ? Apparently those Evangelicals (not all of them mind you), do not understand how to represent Jesus Christ and his message.

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why do Evangelicals support someone who is a serial adulterer, been married and divorced few times, made fun of Christians, don't believe in Christian values, is greedy and so on?

Is that the way the Evangelicals want to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ? Apparently those Evangelicals (not all of them mind you), do not understand how to represent Jesus Christ and his message.
    OK, I see what you're doing here. A variation on "Jews run the world".

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Can you really be an American Christian if you don't fully support trump, god's rep?

Surely his election is a sign from God.....

Surely that was how this "miracle" came about so he could be used as a vessel to bring "God's country" back in line w/ his will..........

So lying, cheating, beating heathens, aka non- republicans/trump supporters is ok & in accordance w/ his will.......

As it says in Corrupthians two, & I'll quote trump's favorite book here: "the ends justify the means, the rich shall inherit the earth & the poor shall reap what they sow, no more"...........

Or not...
    You don’t strike me as a practicing Christian so why do you care?

God has sent imperfect vessels in the past.

Nobody has ever said Trump is perfect.

And where are all of these non Trump supporters getting beat up? Can you provide proof or is it another one of your “opinions”?

Because I can link to dozens of stories of Trump supporters being assaulted, shot, and murdered.

Hell one of your comrades assaulted a little kid who was wearing a MAGA hat. Didn’t see you posting your displeasure about that.

11. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

OK, I see what you're doing here. A variation on "Jews run the world".
    LOL. Didn't intend to do that nor is this Stormfront.

But you do have a point there though.

Why the focus on Israel? Fundies and SOME Evangelicals have been all about Israel and rebuilding the third temple.

It seems that they have been successful all along but not 100%.

That alone deserves another thread.

12. #57 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,602 Times in 17,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

I've already answered your question. Policies. Policies for the betterment of the country. Stopping illegal immigration. Becoming energy self sufficient. Relaxing stupid industrial restrictions (especially on small businesses), just to name a few. Ever hear God and Country (not the song, but the inspired saying)? We (1) believe in God and (2) we love our country and constitutionality. Some of us feel Trump would continue our founder's wishes better than Biden, just as we did with Hillary.

Most religions basically put it out and say we believe this, you should too. But that's as far as it goes, take it or leave it. First Amendment, right? No protests in the streets, none of that shit.
    I grew up in a small church (about 180 members). Aside from tithes, we held public dinners, some free, some to raise money to send kids to camp and bake sales. We advertised, everyone does.
    If you come to a church, you are free to come and go as you please. But if you stay, you should expect at least a 5 minute sermon. We also hold public gatherings, but so does the City Band.
    That is how we spread the Gospel. We know how to represent ourselves, but some of us admittedly stray occasionally. Are you perfect?
    But for the record, I do not think much at all of those preachers who lead lavish lifestyles.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

13. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    I've already answered your question. Policies. Policies for the betterment of the country. Stopping illegal immigration. Becoming energy self sufficient. Relaxing stupid industrial restrictions (especially on small businesses), just to name a few. Ever hear God and Country (not the song, but the inspired saying)? We (1) believe in God and (2) we love our country and constitutionality. Some of us feel Trump would continue our founder's wishes better than Biden, just as we did with Hillary.
    We already are stopping illegal immigration and deporting them. Energy self sufficient? Explain. What businesses restrictions?

And I am aware of how you feel about Trump. It has nothing to do with religion but policies as you have stated.

Most religions basically put it out and say we believe this, you should too. But that's as far as it goes, take it or leave it. First Amendment, right? No protests in the streets, none of that shit.
    First Amendment is undisputable. What are you thoughts on mandatory Bible and Creationism education in public schools?

I grew up in a small church (about 180 members). Aside from tithes, we held public dinners, some free, some to raise money to send kids to camp and bake sales. We advertised, everyone does.
    If you come to a church, you are free to come and go as you please. But if you stay, you should expect at least a 5 minute sermon. We also hold public gatherings, but so does the City Band.
    As I have stated I have grew up in the environment and experienced that. I've enjoyed that actually.

That is how we spread the Gospel. We know how to represent ourselves, but some of us admittedly stray occasionally. Are you perfect?
    But for the record, I do not think much at all of those preachers who lead lavish lifestyles.
    Yes. True Evangelicals spread the Gospel. And as to your record, that's exactly what I am talking about!

14. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

sure......you can be a good Christian and support a demmycrat.......you just can't do it and be an intelligent Christian.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

15. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

you seem to have confused his personal weaknesses with his political policies.......he's proposed or imposed no laws promoting adultery, divorce or greed.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”