Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Can you really be an American Christian if you don't fully support trump, god's rep?

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,418 Times in 52,443 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    They should vote but stop pretending there's a high road or lesser of two evils. Most of the religious stuff is just lip service that never goes full circle.
    Atheists believe there is no high road since, to them, it's all arbitrary. To religious adherents, the high road is defined by the precepts of their religion. Some people represent and live those precepts, others, like PmP, Bigdog, Stretch, TOP,etc, put politics first and only give lip-service to religion. Trump, of course, worships money and only plays a Christian on television.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hiden View Post
    You don’t strike me as a practicing Christian so why do you care?

God has sent imperfect vessels in the past.

Nobody has ever said Trump is perfect.

And where are all of these non Trump supporters getting beat up? Can you provide proof or is it another one of your “opinions”?

Because I can link to dozens of stories of Trump supporters being assaulted, shot, and murdered.

Hell one of your comrades assaulted a little kid who was wearing a MAGA hat. Didn’t see you posting your displeasure about that.
    You don't strike me as a practicing Christian since, like PmP, you break the Ten Commandments and Christ's Two Commandments daily. Your post exemplifies my point.

Christians and non-Christians alike have valid concerns about the direction of our secular governments from Local to National. With each party pushing toward more and more authoritarianism, every American, regardless of beliefs, should be concerned about the bias in their governments.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-21-2020)

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    I was talking about those Evangelicals in particular.

Ted Cruz and his father would be another example.
    Prosperity Christians are blasphemers and antithetical to following Christ's path. They befriend Trump because he worships money, just like they do.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct...perity-gospel/
    An aberrant theology that teaches God rewards faith—and hefty tithing—with financial blessings, the prosperity gospel was closely associated with prominent 1980s televangelists Jimmy Swaggart and Jim and Tammy Bakker, and is part and parcel of many of today’s charismatic movements in the Global South. Orthodox Christians wary of prosperity doctrine found a friend in Senator Chuck Grassley, who in 2008 began a thorough vetting of the tax-exempt status of six prominent “health and wealth” leaders, including Kenneth Copeland, Bishop Eddie Long, and Paula White.

https://www.highview.org/discipleshi...sperity-gospel
    There is a belief in our culture that many people are deceived by what is called the “prosperity gospel.” It is a false teaching that in essence says, "If I am a Christian, God promises to bless me with great health, wealth, and prosperity." This teaching is a great danger to those who believe it. What happens is people place their hope in what God gives even over and above God himself. The problem is God never promises a life of riches, comfort, and abundant prosperity, so when a person experiences suffering they feel as though God has lied to them.

Read 2 Timothy 3:12

"Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

AProudLefty (09-21-2020)

6. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    A lot of people don't understand Christianity. Including many Christians.
    Certainly not Trump, who worships mana, and his "Christian" advisors.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-21-2020)

8. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

dems locking down churches make it pretty obvious where they stand.

9. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    You don't strike me as a practicing Christian since, like PmP, you break the Ten Commandments and Christ's Two Commandments daily. Your post exemplifies my point.

Christians and non-Christians alike have valid concerns about the direction of our secular governments from Local to National. With each party pushing toward more and more authoritarianism, every American, regardless of beliefs, should be concerned about the bias in their governments.

blah blah blah blah blah

10. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,823 Times in 17,257 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Atheists believe there is no high road since, to them, it's all arbitrary. To religious adherents, the high road is defined by the precepts of their religion. Some people represent and live those precepts, others, like PmP, Bigdog, Stretch, TOP,etc, put politics first and only give lip-service to religion. Trump, of course, worships money and only plays a Christian on television.
    Don't presume to speak for atheists. They have consciences and act according to the laws of society. They just do not do it from fear of a vengeful sky spirit who wants your money. It is not arbitrary at all. When they do wrong, they live with it and it diminishes themselves. They cannot make it go away with confessions or purchasing absolution. It is there values and character that makes them do right.

11. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Don't presume to speak for atheists. They have consciences and act according to the laws of society. They just do not do it from fear of a vengeful sky spirit who wants your money. It is not arbitrary at all. When they do wrong, they live with it and it diminishes themselves. They cannot make it go away with confessions or purchasing absolution. It is there values and character that makes them do right.
    Don't presume to speak for Christians. See how that works? I only speak for myself. Atheists and Theists alike define themselves by their actions and statements on this forum.

Laws are arbitrary. Do I need to post a link to Dred-Scott or Jim Crow laws to you? Care to take a trip with me to 1930s Germany and view the laws there? How about 1960s China and the laws there? Modern China and the laws there?

12. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    You don't understand Christianity at all, do you?
    Why don't you explain it to us Pope gullie..........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

13. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Actually it's Trump's Evangelicals who don't understand Christianity at all.
    Yep.........

THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT CHRIST TAUGHT & STOOD FOR...........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

14. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,823 Times in 17,257 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

Trump is the first atheist president in a long time. He has no religion at all.

15. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trump is the first atheist president in a long time. He has no religion at all.
    Yep.........

Sad that so many see him as they wish him to be, not how he really is....

16. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,104 Times in 12,631 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,443 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    dems locking down churches make it pretty obvious where they stand.
    And the claims that Christianity is a hate group.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (09-30-2020)