View Poll Results: Which party will control the Senate after the 2020 elections?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Democrats

2 28.57%
  • Republicans

5 71.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who will control the Senate after Election 2020?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,365 Times in 52,412 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Who will control the Senate after Election 2020?

There's a lot of focus on the two candidates racing for the White House. There's less focus on the Senate even though controlling the Senate will have the greatest impact of all elections. Although it's possible for the House to flip Republican, it's likely to stay Democrat. The Senate races are much tighter where the Republicans are much more vulnerable than the Democrats.

House Elections
    https://www.270towin.com/2020-house-election/

Senate Elections
    https://ballotpedia.org/United_State...lections,_2020
    Twelve seats held by Democrats and 23 seats held by Republicans are up for election in 2020, including the Arizona special election and the Georgia special election. In 2014, the Republican Party picked up nine seats, resulting in their having more seats to defend in 2020. The map and table below show what seats are up for election and the current incumbent in each race.....Ballotpedia has identified 16 races as general election battlegrounds. Of the 16 seats, four have Democratic incumbents and 12 have Republican incumbents heading into the election.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...recast/senate/
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

if the demmycrats have the most senators they still won't control the senate......they can't even control themselves.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (09-21-2020)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,244 Times in 13,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

I suspect, more and more, that the Democrats are going to shoot themselves in the foot by November 3rd as they've been trying hard using a proverbial shotgun of stupidity as of late.

It's consistent pics like those that have me questioning the validity of the polls. Biden can't generate any enthusiasm at all for his campaign. His town halls, rallies, whatever have been utterly and completely lame and underwhelming. Trump's have large enthusiastic turnouts.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I suspect, more and more, that the Democrats are going to shoot themselves in the foot by November 3rd as they've been trying hard using a proverbial shotgun of stupidity as of late.

https://i0.wp.com/www.independentsen...85%2C555&ssl=1

https://www.nowtheendbegins.com/wp-c...s-stadiums.jpg

It's consistent pics like those that have me questioning the validity of the polls. Biden can't generate any enthusiasm at all for his campaign. His town halls, rallies, whatever have been utterly and completely lame and underwhelming. Trump's have large enthusiastic turnouts.
    My guess is that the pandemic has something to do with that. Note Trump's rallies have slowed down quite a bit. Only the dummies show up.

Agreed the Democrats tend to shoot themselves in the foot. They fucked up Obama's first 100 days by focusing on Healthcare instead of the economy, thereby not only burning a shitpot full of political capital, but slowing the recovery which would pay for the healthcare plan. I have no doubt they'll do the same next year by focusing on a gun ban.

The best thing the Democrats have going for them is Trump being a fuck up.....and his mouth/Twitter account.

7. The Following User Groans At Doc Dutch For This Awful Post:

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Trump's rallies have slowed down quite a bit.
    Is that a fact?

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    if the demmycrats have the most senators they still won't control the senate......they can't even control themselves.....

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Is that a fact?
    :r oll eyes: :roll eyes:

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

My guess is that the pandemic has something to do with that. Note Trump's rallies have slowed down quite a bit. Only the dummies show up.

Agreed the Democrats tend to shoot themselves in the foot. They fucked up Obama's first 100 days by focusing on Healthcare instead of the economy, thereby not only burning a shitpot full of political capital, but slowing the recovery which would pay for the healthcare plan. I have no doubt they'll do the same next year by focusing on a gun ban.

The best thing the Democrats have going for them is Trump being a fuck up.....and his mouth/Twitter account.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,190 Times in 13,938 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

There's a lot of focus on the two candidates racing for the White House. There's less focus on the Senate even though controlling the Senate will have the greatest impact of all elections. Although it's possible for the House to flip Republican, it's likely to stay Democrat. The Senate races are much tighter where the Republicans are much more vulnerable than the Democrats.

House Elections
    https://www.270towin.com/2020-house-election/

Senate Elections
    https://ballotpedia.org/United_State...lections,_2020
    Twelve seats held by Democrats and 23 seats held by Republicans are up for election in 2020, including the Arizona special election and the Georgia special election. In 2014, the Republican Party picked up nine seats, resulting in their having more seats to defend in 2020. The map and table below show what seats are up for election and the current incumbent in each race.....Ballotpedia has identified 16 races as general election battlegrounds. Of the 16 seats, four have Democratic incumbents and 12 have Republican incumbents heading into the election.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...recast/senate/
    GOP, really only four competitive races, the others have entrenched incumbents, and Jones ain’t winning in Alabama, GOP maintains power but with a razor thin margin

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,328 Times in 53,234 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sorry, but the (D)s have little to no interest or enthusiasm for gun "bans." What we're most focused on is the pandemic, the economy, and health care. These three issues are intrinsically intertwined. Next comes social/racial justice, the environment, and education. We are going to see a large focus on education in a Biden presidency. Mrs. Dr. Biden is an educator and as FLOTUS she will be working hard.

Your poll should have also included "both" or "it will be tied." That's my best prediction right now.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (09-21-2020)

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The rallies don’t mean anything, back in 2016 they were a novelty, just as Obama’s crowds were in 2008, now, nothing, only FOX covers them, and only Trumpkins attend/watch them. Biden purposely doesn’t have them, following COVID guidelines, which sells in his party, besides, they don’t want any Herman Cains on their record

It’s a wash, only significant to those that want to believe either strategy significant

17. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-21-2020)

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    GOP, really only four competitive races, the others have entrenched incumbents, and Jones ain’t winning in Alabama, GOP maintains power but with a razor thin margin
    That's my guess, but it's too close to call....or bet upon. https://www.predictit.org/markets/2/Senate

The betting favors the Democrats picking up 3-4 seats but it's a dicey bet.
    https://www.predictit.org/markets/de...eats,-by-party

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That's my guess, but it's too close to call....or bet upon. https://www.predictit.org/markets/2/Senate

The betting favors the Democrats picking up 3-4 seats but it's a dicey bet.
    https://www.predictit.org/markets/de...eats,-by-party
    But with even four seats it won’t do it with Jones losing which is pretty much a given

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Sorry, but the (D)s have little to no interest or enthusiasm for gun "bans." What we're most focused on is the pandemic, the economy, and health care. These three issues are intrinsically intertwined. Next comes social/racial justice, the environment, and education. We are going to see a large focus on education in a Biden presidency. Mrs. Dr. Biden is an educator and as FLOTUS she will be working hard.

Your poll should have also included "both" or "it will be tied." That's my best prediction right now.
    There is no "tie" since the VP is the tiebreaker. https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory...ty_Leaders.htm

You and I can have a friendly bet that a gun ban bill will be on Biden's desk by Spring. It will be like Clinton's gun ban and the failed Obama gun ban. Biden uses the same language on his website: https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/
    Get weapons of war off our streets. The bans on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines that Biden, along with Senator Feinstein, secured in 1994 reduced the lethality of mass shootings. But, in order to secure the passage of the bans, they had to agree to a 10-year sunset provision and when the time came, the Bush Administration failed to extend them. As president, Biden will:

• Ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Federal law prevents hunters from hunting migratory game birds with more than three shells in their shotgun. That means our federal law does more to protect ducks than children. It’s wrong. Joe Biden will enact legislation to once again ban assault weapons. This time, the bans will be designed based on lessons learned from the 1994 bans. For example, the ban on assault weapons will be designed to prevent manufacturers from circumventing the law by making minor changes that don’t limit the weapon’s lethality. While working to pass this legislation, Biden will also use his executive authority to ban the importation of assault weapons.
    • Regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act. Currently, the National Firearms Act requires individuals possessing machine-guns, silencers, and short-barreled rifles to undergo a background check and register those weapons with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Due to these requirements, such weapons are rarely used in crimes. As president, Biden will pursue legislation to regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act.
    • Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities. Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act.
    Last edited by Doc Dutch; 09-21-2020 at 08:47 AM.