Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 105

Thread: Can any JPP marxist explain why the democrats think we need more Justices?

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    11,206
    Thanks
    468
    Thanked 3,972 Times in 2,969 Posts
    Groans
    398
    Groaned 232 Times in 224 Posts

    Default Can any JPP marxist explain why the democrats think we need more Justices?

    We have had 9 Supreme Court Justices since 1911

    Why the need now to add more? Is it because you won't get your way?

    And how many more do you think we need?

    2?

    4?

    6?

    And if you think we need more Supreme Court Justices now, let's say Trump wins and the GOP wins the House and keeps the Senate do you want them to add more Justices and end the filibuster completely?

    Think this through and do so without using the name Trump

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Beijing Buyden For This Post:

    Grokmaster (09-20-2020), Matt Dillon (09-21-2020), Sirthinksalot (09-22-2020), Truth Detector (09-21-2020)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    60,369
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    You know why they think they need more leftist justices.

  4. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    11,206
    Thanks
    468
    Thanked 3,972 Times in 2,969 Posts
    Groans
    398
    Groaned 232 Times in 224 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    You know why they think they need more leftist justices.
    Of course I know. I was just wondering if they could articulate it. Guess not

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Beijing Buyden For This Post:

    Truth Detector (09-21-2020)

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    24,276
    Thanks
    637
    Thanked 4,513 Times in 3,553 Posts
    Groans
    85
    Groaned 1,592 Times in 1,461 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hiden View Post
    We have had 9 Supreme Court Justices since 1911

    Why the need now to add more? Is it because you won't get your way?

    And how many more do you think we need?

    2?

    4?

    6?

    And if you think we need more Supreme Court Justices now, let's say Trump wins and the GOP wins the House and keeps the Senate do you want them to add more Justices and end the filibuster completely?

    Think this through and do so without using the name Trump
    Considering JPP Marxists don't exist, you might not be getting an answer that you want.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

    AProudLefty (09-20-2020), Crocodile (09-20-2020)

  8. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    60,369
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    JPP Marxists don't exist.
    They don't? Is that a fact?

  9. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4,282
    Thanks
    311
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,381 Posts
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 586 Times in 543 Posts

    Default

    Republicans have manipulated the system - within the rules - to ensure the court is more conservative.

    Why should Dems do what they can - within the rules - do do the same for their side?

    Sounds like a double standard there.

  10. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    7,177
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Considering JPP Marxists don't exist, you might not be getting an answer that you want.
    I'm more of a Trotskyite.

  11. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    24,175
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11,186 Times in 7,195 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2,115 Times in 1,953 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hiden View Post
    We have had 9 Supreme Court Justices since 1911

    Why the need now to add more? Is it because you won't get your way?

    And how many more do you think we need?

    2?

    4?

    6?

    And if you think we need more Supreme Court Justices now, let's say Trump wins and the GOP wins the House and keeps the Senate do you want them to add more Justices and end the filibuster completely?

    Think this through and do so without using the name Trump
    Never saw a Marxist on this forum, not sure you would know what a real Marxist is even if they did appear

    Democrats don’t necessarily think they need anymore Justices on the bench, but rather since Mitch has made a joke of the Court appointment process and the Senate’s role, why wouldn’t they just extend Mitch’s approach.

    Mitch has salvaged the Senate, and if I was a right winger, I wouldn’t worry about Justices, when the Democrats win the Senate which will happen now or later, don’t be surprised if they raise the possibility of making DC and PR Sates, which would set the GOP back decades

  12. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    39,499
    Thanks
    11,388
    Thanked 26,720 Times in 17,376 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 1,093 Times in 1,044 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hiden View Post
    We have had 9 Supreme Court Justices since 1911

    Why the need now to add more? Is it because you won't get your way?

    And how many more do you think we need?

    2?

    4?

    6?

    And if you think we need more Supreme Court Justices now, let's say Trump wins and the GOP wins the House and keeps the Senate do you want them to add more Justices and end the filibuster completely?

    Think this through and do so without using the name Trump
    Basically, the left wants a third legislative branch—dressed up lawyerly garb.

    And they need to be stopped in the worst way.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

    Sirthinksalot (09-22-2020), Stretch (09-21-2020), Truth Detector (09-21-2020)

  14. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    24,175
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11,186 Times in 7,195 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2,115 Times in 1,953 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Basically, the left wants a third legislative branch—dressed up lawyerly garb.

    And they need to be stopped in the worst way.
    Isn’t that what Mitch has done? Refusing a legitimate Democrat nominee even an interview nine months out and changing the vote for a SCOTUS Justice to a majority vote?

  15. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    39,499
    Thanks
    11,388
    Thanked 26,720 Times in 17,376 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 1,093 Times in 1,044 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Isn’t that what Mitch has done? Refusing a legitimate Democrat nominee even an interview nine months out and changing the vote for a SCOTUS Justice to a majority vote?
    Save it.

    Both sides abuse SCOTUS but Democrats are worse about it. Liberal justices look for ‘ends around’ the constitution which puts pressure on republicans to load the court with strict constitutionalists in order to check the progressive agenda.

    Not the way it’s supposed to be.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

    Truth Detector (09-21-2020)

  17. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    11,206
    Thanks
    468
    Thanked 3,972 Times in 2,969 Posts
    Groans
    398
    Groaned 232 Times in 224 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Republicans have manipulated the system - within the rules - to ensure the court is more conservative.

    Why should Dems do what they can - within the rules - do do the same for their side?

    Sounds like a double standard there.

    So you will be fine if the GOP does it if they win everything in November?

    All these threats seem predicated on democrat victory.

    I guess y’all just don’t like not getting your way, much like five year olds

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Beijing Buyden For This Post:

    Truth Detector (09-21-2020)

  19. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    11,206
    Thanks
    468
    Thanked 3,972 Times in 2,969 Posts
    Groans
    398
    Groaned 232 Times in 224 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Never saw a Marxist on this forum, not sure you would know what a real Marxist is even if they did appear

    Democrats don’t necessarily think they need anymore Justices on the bench, but rather since Mitch has made a joke of the Court appointment process and the Senate’s role, why wouldn’t they just extend Mitch’s approach.

    Mitch has salvaged the Senate, and if I was a right winger, I wouldn’t worry about Justices, when the Democrats win the Senate which will happen now or later, don’t be surprised if they raise the possibility of making DC and PR Sates, which would set the GOP back decades
    And if Mitch caves to their demands they won’t do any of that?

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Beijing Buyden For This Post:

    Truth Detector (09-21-2020)

  21. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    95,020
    Thanks
    6,447
    Thanked 27,239 Times in 21,675 Posts
    Groans
    2,240
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 2,108 Posts

    Default

    because losing makes them so so mad.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

    Truth Detector (09-21-2020)

  23. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    26,558
    Thanks
    190
    Thanked 11,591 Times in 8,050 Posts
    Groans
    3,615
    Groaned 2,735 Times in 2,533 Posts

    Default

    The Dems do not want more judges. It was offered by someone as a solution to Trump/Moscow stealing another seat. The Dems have no such policy and no such plan. You guys run around crying fire all that time. Just because someone suggests it does not make it any more than someone saying it..

Similar Threads

  1. MUST SEE - Not everyone is a BLM Marxist
    By Teflon Don in forum Political - NSFW
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2020, 08:14 AM
  2. Democrats, please explain this.
    By Sailor in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 03-09-2019, 03:16 PM
  3. Beautiful, "Things DEMOCRATS cannot explain,"
    By archives in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-21-2018, 03:51 PM
  4. Things that DEMOCRATS cannot explain
    By Legion in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-21-2018, 01:29 PM
  5. Democrats should expand the Supreme Court by two Justices in 2020
    By blackascoal in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 10-08-2018, 02:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •