Members banned from this thread: Grajonca, Beijing Buyden, CFM, volsrock, Loving91390 and MarcusA


Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 91 to 100 of 100

Thread: Do any of you Right-Wingers actually follow your own standards? Or...

  1. #91 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    17,750
    Thanks
    4,693
    Thanked 7,625 Times in 5,822 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 811 Times in 777 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Steve, you are an adult, pls act accordingly.........

    If you have a problem here pls deal w/ it.

    If you don't like it here you have plenty of other options....
    That is not an option with Steven. Not an insult, just the truth. He's annoying but to be pitied. Without people to care for him, giving him a home and a computer, he'd probably be one of those homeless guys panhandling for cigarettes and talking to himself on a street curb.
    A new consciousness is developing which sees the earth as a single organism and recognizes that an organism at war with itself is doomed. We are one planet..
    - Carl Sagan 1980

  2. #92 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,079
    Thanks
    11,501
    Thanked 2,090 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    96
    Groaned 109 Times in 99 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Modern Conservatism is literally built on a tradition of opposing Democracy. I'm sure there are some Conservatives who honestly believe in things like small government, but the majority are following in their ideological tradition.
    Screw "ideological tradition". Small government is pretty much the only thing that matters anymore.

    In a pure democracy, laws are made directly by the voting majority leaving the rights of the minority largely unprotected.This is why the left hates the electoral college when it loses, and basically says "the electoral what? I went to Harvard!", when they win.

    The left loves BIG government. You want proof of this? Vote in person. Pick a few people at random and watch how long it takes them to vote. The jackass will be at the booth for 45 minutes voting on issues they have absolutely no idea of the content or consequences of(the Broward County, FL 2018 ballot had 10 damn pages!), and the republican will be in and out in 5 minutes after voting for the PEOPLE he wants to pay to make all these stupid little decisions for him. All morning, I've been listening to democrats whining to "let the people decide" about this SCOTUS nominee. Two things: 1) That ain't the way it works and 2) The people DID decide this, in 2016.
    JACKASSES! RHETORICAL QUESTION! WHY ARE YOU VOTING FOR BIDEN??...TRY TO ANSWER WITHOUT MENTIONING TRUMP!!




    "Back in the thirties we were told we must collectivize the nation because the people were so poor. Now we are told we must collectivize the nation because the people are so rich." William F. Buckley, Jr.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

    Sailor (09-21-2020), Wolverine (09-21-2020)

  4. #93 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    State of Bliss
    Posts
    27,656
    Thanks
    7,095
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    433
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    That is not an option with Steven. Not an insult, just the truth. He's annoying but to be pitied. Without people to care for him, giving him a home and a computer, he'd probably be one of those homeless guys panhandling for cigarettes and talking to himself on a street curb.
    We'll see if steven wants to or can.............

    I'm rooting for him........ lol

    Corporate America is the lobbying arm of the CCP and Wall Street is the investor relations department

    Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people - does not even pretend to try, instead, he tries to divide us

    We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership Mattis

  5. #94 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    17,750
    Thanks
    4,693
    Thanked 7,625 Times in 5,822 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 811 Times in 777 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
    Screw "ideological tradition". Small government is pretty much the only thing that matters anymore.

    In a pure democracy, laws are made directly by the voting majority leaving the rights of the minority largely unprotected.This is why the left hates the electoral college when it loses, and basically says "the electoral what? I went to Harvard!", when they win.

    The left loves BIG government. You want proof of this? Vote in person. Pick a few people at random and watch how long it takes them to vote. The jackass will be at the booth for 45 minutes voting on issues they have absolutely no idea of the content or consequences of(the Broward County, FL 2018 ballot had 10 damn pages!), and the republican will be in and out in 5 minutes after voting for the PEOPLE he wants to pay to make all these stupid little decisions for him. All morning, I've been listening to democrats whining to "let the people decide" about this SCOTUS nominee. Two things: 1) That ain't the way it works and 2) The people DID decide this, in 2016.
    Agreed on the bolded. Unfortunately, after 9/11, the Right has become addicted to big government. The only difference between Left and Right these days is what form that Big Government takes.

    Trump was blowing up the budget deficit for years before COVID-19 and the Republicans applauded him doing it. Obviously the Democrats were near worthless when it came to limiting the budget.

    A new consciousness is developing which sees the earth as a single organism and recognizes that an organism at war with itself is doomed. We are one planet..
    - Carl Sagan 1980

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dutch Uncle For This Post:

    Phantasmal (09-21-2020)

  7. #95 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    17,750
    Thanks
    4,693
    Thanked 7,625 Times in 5,822 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 811 Times in 777 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    We'll see if steven wants to or can.............

    I'm rooting for him........ lol
    LOL I'd put money on the table he can't do it. Seriously. He seems incapable of normal behavior in carrying a conversation.

    It's easy to throw "You're mental!" accusations on a forum just like any other names, but would I be wrong to assume that most people notice there are a lot more "off" people on forums than IRL? It doesn't take even a HS diploma to notice when someone isn't "normal" mentally. Any normal adult, especially over 40, can easily pick up on what is or isn't rational behavior.

    In some people a mild case of "eccentricities" is cute or amusing but a little too much just becomes annoying. A lot too much becomes dangerous, usually for person themselves, but could easily include dangers to friends and family due to proximity.
    A new consciousness is developing which sees the earth as a single organism and recognizes that an organism at war with itself is doomed. We are one planet..
    - Carl Sagan 1980

  8. #96 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    24,276
    Thanks
    637
    Thanked 4,513 Times in 3,553 Posts
    Groans
    85
    Groaned 1,592 Times in 1,461 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
    Screw "ideological tradition". Small government is pretty much the only thing that matters anymore.
    If that's the case, then you should vote Democrat. Government grows bigger under Republicans.

  9. #97 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    State of Bliss
    Posts
    27,656
    Thanks
    7,095
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    433
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    LOL I'd put money on the table he can't do it. Seriously. He seems incapable of normal behavior in carrying a conversation.

    It's easy to throw "You're mental!" accusations on a forum just like any other names, but would I be wrong to assume that most people notice there are a lot more "off" people on forums than IRL? It doesn't take even a HS diploma to notice when someone isn't "normal" mentally. Any normal adult, especially over 40, can easily pick up on what is or isn't rational behavior.

    In some people a mild case of "eccentricities" is cute or amusing but a little too much just becomes annoying. A lot too much becomes dangerous, usually for person themselves, but could easily include dangers to friends and family due to proximity.
    WHile I would agree via personal experience, but the experiences are obviously different......

    For many reasons but I tend to think a major one is the anonymity..........

    Many say things they would never say IRL, nor play their tough guy rolls, lest they be backhanded more often than not......

    As I said in the last conversation about this/related-many have nothing else going on, this is their life & perhaps after a while they start to believe they are the persona they play, or in some cases, @ least one of them lol............

    Corporate America is the lobbying arm of the CCP and Wall Street is the investor relations department

    Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people - does not even pretend to try, instead, he tries to divide us

    We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership Mattis

  10. #98 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    17,750
    Thanks
    4,693
    Thanked 7,625 Times in 5,822 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 811 Times in 777 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    WHile I would agree via personal experience, but the experiences are obviously different......

    For many reasons but I tend to think a major one is the anonymity..........

    Many say things they would never say IRL, nor play their tough guy rolls, lest they be backhanded more often than not......

    As I said in the last conversation about this/related-many have nothing else going on, this is their life & perhaps after a while they start to believe they are the persona they play, or in some cases, @ least one of them lol............
    Agreed about the anonymity factor. It's like "a drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts".

    Agreed that weak or lame people say things here they don't in public. Most are just petty assholes and I have zero doubt most of their coworkers already know that about them. More likely they are afraid of getting fired for being dumbasses but like to act like bigshot tough guys online. It makes them pathetic here and IRL.

    We disagree on the last part; people have many facets, but what they show here isn't an act. It's them. Maybe the dark, slimy underside of them which they don't show to their mothers and decent people, but it's still them.
    A new consciousness is developing which sees the earth as a single organism and recognizes that an organism at war with itself is doomed. We are one planet..
    - Carl Sagan 1980

  11. #99 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    4,192
    Thanks
    2,967
    Thanked 2,464 Times in 1,673 Posts
    Groans
    686
    Groaned 587 Times in 505 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Agreed about the anonymity factor. It's like "a drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts".

    Agreed that weak or lame people say things here they don't in public. Mo like to act like bigshot tough guys online. It makes them pathetic here and IRL.

    We disagree on the last part; people have many facets, but what they show here isn't an act. It's them. Maybe the dark, slimy underside of them which they don't show to their mothers and decent people, but it's still them.
    Steven isn't an anonymity guy, he is known quite a lot of places by the same titles and has been banned from many. Thanks to Facebook being a sneak they think I know the guy more and he falls under my people you may know file. I guess he uses Facebook as well but most younger generations do.

  12. #100 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    95,020
    Thanks
    6,447
    Thanked 27,240 Times in 21,676 Posts
    Groans
    2,240
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 2,108 Posts

    Default

    my standards basically would be, do you have the votes to do what you want to do.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    Woe to me! I cried. I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.

Similar Threads

  1. JPP Right Wingers are Liars
    By katzgar in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-28-2019, 09:08 AM
  2. PSA for JPP right-wingers and Trumptards....
    By Nomad in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-13-2019, 09:06 AM
  3. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 08-06-2013, 05:15 PM
  4. Two questions for right wingers:
    By I'm Watermark in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-27-2013, 05:55 AM
  5. The evil right wingers!
    By 007 in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-17-2012, 01:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •