Members banned from this thread: cancel2 2022, canceled.2021.3, CFM, volsrock, Loving91390 and MarcusA

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Do any of you Right-Wingers actually follow your own standards? Or...

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,609 Times in 51,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Steve, you are an adult, pls act accordingly.........

If you have a problem here pls deal w/ it.

If you don't like it here you have plenty of other options....
    That is not an option with Steven. Not an insult, just the truth. He's annoying but to be pitied. Without people to care for him, giving him a home and a computer, he'd probably be one of those homeless guys panhandling for cigarettes and talking to himself on a street curb.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Modern Conservatism is literally built on a tradition of opposing Democracy. I'm sure there are some Conservatives who honestly believe in things like small government, but the majority are following in their ideological tradition.
    Screw "ideological tradition". Small government is pretty much the only thing that matters anymore.

In a pure democracy, laws are made directly by the voting majority leaving the rights of the minority largely unprotected.This is why the left hates the electoral college when it loses, and basically says "the electoral what? I went to Harvard!", when they win.

The left loves BIG government. You want proof of this? Vote in person. Pick a few people at random and watch how long it takes them to vote. The jackass will be at the booth for 45 minutes voting on issues they have absolutely no idea of the content or consequences of(the Broward County, FL 2018 ballot had 10 damn pages!), and the republican will be in and out in 5 minutes after voting for the PEOPLE he wants to pay to make all these stupid little decisions for him. All morning, I've been listening to democrats whining to "let the people decide" about this SCOTUS nominee. Two things: 1) That ain't the way it works and 2) The people DID decide this, in 2016.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

Sailor (09-21-2020), Wolverine (09-21-2020)

4. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    That is not an option with Steven. Not an insult, just the truth. He's annoying but to be pitied. Without people to care for him, giving him a home and a computer, he'd probably be one of those homeless guys panhandling for cigarettes and talking to himself on a street curb.
    We'll see if steven wants to or can.............

I'm rooting for him........ lol
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

5. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
    Screw "ideological tradition". Small government is pretty much the only thing that matters anymore.

In a pure democracy, laws are made directly by the voting majority leaving the rights of the minority largely unprotected.This is why the left hates the electoral college when it loses, and basically says "the electoral what? I went to Harvard!", when they win.

The left loves BIG government. You want proof of this? Vote in person. Pick a few people at random and watch how long it takes them to vote. The jackass will be at the booth for 45 minutes voting on issues they have absolutely no idea of the content or consequences of(the Broward County, FL 2018 ballot had 10 damn pages!), and the republican will be in and out in 5 minutes after voting for the PEOPLE he wants to pay to make all these stupid little decisions for him. All morning, I've been listening to democrats whining to "let the people decide" about this SCOTUS nominee. Two things: 1) That ain't the way it works and 2) The people DID decide this, in 2016.
    Agreed on the bolded. Unfortunately, after 9/11, the Right has become addicted to big government. The only difference between Left and Right these days is what form that Big Government takes.

Trump was blowing up the budget deficit for years before COVID-19 and the Republicans applauded him doing it. Obviously the Democrats were near worthless when it came to limiting the budget.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-21-2020)

7. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

We'll see if steven wants to or can.............

I'm rooting for him........ lol
    LOL I'd put money on the table he can't do it. Seriously. He seems incapable of normal behavior in carrying a conversation.

It's easy to throw "You're mental!" accusations on a forum just like any other names, but would I be wrong to assume that most people notice there are a lot more "off" people on forums than IRL? It doesn't take even a HS diploma to notice when someone isn't "normal" mentally. Any normal adult, especially over 40, can easily pick up on what is or isn't rational behavior.

In some people a mild case of "eccentricities" is cute or amusing but a little too much just becomes annoying. A lot too much becomes dangerous, usually for person themselves, but could easily include dangers to friends and family due to proximity.

8. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
    If that's the case, then you should vote Democrat. Government grows bigger under Republicans.

9. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL I'd put money on the table he can't do it. Seriously. He seems incapable of normal behavior in carrying a conversation.

It's easy to throw "You're mental!" accusations on a forum just like any other names, but would I be wrong to assume that most people notice there are a lot more "off" people on forums than IRL? It doesn't take even a HS diploma to notice when someone isn't "normal" mentally. Any normal adult, especially over 40, can easily pick up on what is or isn't rational behavior.

In some people a mild case of "eccentricities" is cute or amusing but a little too much just becomes annoying. A lot too much becomes dangerous, usually for person themselves, but could easily include dangers to friends and family due to proximity.
    WHile I would agree via personal experience, but the experiences are obviously different......

For many reasons but I tend to think a major one is the anonymity..........

Many say things they would never say IRL, nor play their tough guy rolls, lest they be backhanded more often than not......

As I said in the last conversation about this/related-many have nothing else going on, this is their life & perhaps after a while they start to believe they are the persona they play, or in some cases, @ least one of them lol............
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

10. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

WHile I would agree via personal experience, but the experiences are obviously different......

For many reasons but I tend to think a major one is the anonymity..........

Many say things they would never say IRL, nor play their tough guy rolls, lest they be backhanded more often than not......

As I said in the last conversation about this/related-many have nothing else going on, this is their life & perhaps after a while they start to believe they are the persona they play, or in some cases, @ least one of them lol............
    Agreed about the anonymity factor. It's like "a drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts".

Agreed that weak or lame people say things here they don't in public. Most are just petty assholes and I have zero doubt most of their coworkers already know that about them. More likely they are afraid of getting fired for being dumbasses but like to act like bigshot tough guys online. It makes them pathetic here and IRL.

We disagree on the last part; people have many facets, but what they show here isn't an act. It's them. Maybe the dark, slimy underside of them which they don't show to their mothers and decent people, but it's still them.

11. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Agreed about the anonymity factor. It's like "a drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts".

Agreed that weak or lame people say things here they don't in public. Mo like to act like bigshot tough guys online. It makes them pathetic here and IRL.

We disagree on the last part; people have many facets, but what they show here isn't an act. It's them. Maybe the dark, slimy underside of them which they don't show to their mothers and decent people, but it's still them.
    Steven isn't an anonymity guy, he is known quite a lot of places by the same titles and has been banned from many. Thanks to Facebook being a sneak they think I know the guy more and he falls under my people you may know file. I guess he uses Facebook as well but most younger generations do.

12. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

my standards basically would be, do you have the votes to do what you want to do.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”