Members banned from this thread: cancel2 2022, canceled.2021.3, CFM, volsrock, Loving91390 and MarcusA

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do any of you Right-Wingers actually follow your own standards? Or...

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Do any of you Right-Wingers actually follow your own standards? Or...

Or is everything about a power-grab and just any bullshit you can make up along the way to make that happen? Do you really want to sink your brand this much? By many accounts, you'd think I should vote conservative. I'm Christian, pro-life, not a fan of the left letting gender dysphoria illnesses be catered to rather than treated properly, and believe in certain amounts of gun freedom beyond what you'd get from the average liberal. Unfortunately, you Republicans are so phony and never stick to your own standards anymore that I vote Democrat. You aren't even definable as conservative so much anymore. Bunch of hypocritical phonies. Watch your backs, this court justice issue is so much more volatile than you realize. Please don't screw up so bad that you cause an uprising or the left gets too much unchecked power. Both sides kind of suck but they work well enough in a good enough balance.

2. The Following 2 Users Groan At Charoite For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (09-21-2020), canceled.2021.3 (09-20-2020)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Charoite For This Post:

AProudLefty (09-20-2020), StoneByStone (09-20-2020), ThatOwlWoman (09-21-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Not me.
    Anonymity is priceless!

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

No, just like you they're only concerned with winning. Principles are a hammer to bludgeon losers with on the victory podium, nothing else.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to /MSG/ For This Post:

canceled.2021.3 (09-20-2020), Sailor (09-20-2020)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

YES. WE GO AHEAD WITH ELECTION YEAR SCOTUS NOMINATIONS WHEN WE CONTROL THE SENATE AND THE WHITE HOUSE.

AND????
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (09-21-2020), Wolverine (09-21-2020)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,553 Times in 17,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

They follow their own standards, just not the ones that say they have. They lie.

10. The Following 3 Users Groan At Nordberg For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (09-21-2020), cancel2 2022 (09-20-2020), canceled.2021.3 (09-20-2020)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-21-2020)

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by /MSG/ View Post
    No, just like you they're only concerned with winning. Principles are a hammer to bludgeon losers with on the victory podium, nothing else.
    No, not like me. I would always take the high road until I was unable. I'd hold anyone to a ruling of conduct, especially if it was their own ruling. I won't let people walk all over me to maintain a high road standard though and anyone short of a saint, or virtuous monk would do the same. It seems some think Dems should take this hypocrisy lying down but that would be a betrayal of who they serve or represent.

13. The Following User Groans At Charoite For This Awful Post:

canceled.2021.3 (09-20-2020)

14. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    No, not like me. I would always take the high road until I was unable. I'd hold anyone to a ruling of conduct, especially if it was their own ruling. I won't let people walk all over me to maintain a high road standard though and anyone short of a saint, or virtuous monk would do the same. It seems some think Dems should take this hypocrisy lying down but that would be a betrayal of who they serve or represent.
    Morality has nothing to do with illness or handicap. That tells me you had none to begin with and are just bullshitting again.

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Or is everything about a power-grab and just any bullshit you can make up along the way to make that happen? Do you really want to sink your brand this much? By many accounts, you'd think I should vote conservative. I'm Christian, pro-life, not a fan of the left letting gender dysphoria illnesses be catered to rather than treated properly, and believe in certain amounts of gun freedom beyond what you'd get from the average liberal. Unfortunately, you Republicans are so phony and never stick to your own standards anymore that I vote Democrat. You aren't even definable as conservative so much anymore. Bunch of hypocritical phonies. Watch your backs, this court justice issue is so much more volatile than you realize. Please don't screw up so bad that you cause an uprising or the left gets too much unchecked power. Both sides kind of suck but they work well enough in a good enough balance.
    That's like how kids act. Think for yourself. Vote the way YOU want. Don't worry about what others do.
    Every "organized group" has its hypocrites. Legal, medical, scholars, Black, White, nationalities, electricians,
    entertainers, realtors, waiters, religions, on and on it goes. No excuses. No group is ever 100% on the same page.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

canceled.2021.3 (09-20-2020), Sailor (09-20-2020), TOP (09-21-2020)

17. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,035 Times in 13,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Conservative values have pretty much been abandoned in the era of Trump, nearly ever principle they said were the hallmarks of conservatism has been pretty much forgotten, this is not the party of Reagan, far from it

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Conservative values have pretty much been abandoned in the era of Trump, nearly ever principle they said were the hallmarks of conservatism has been pretty much forgotten, this is not the party of Reagan, far from it
    Reagan was a right wing extremist. This is who they are.

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,570 Times in 51,893 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

The term "right winger" and "Republican" are not synonymous. I'm a Right Winger but not a Republican. I lean heavily Libertarian except where it comes to national security and international relations, which used to be very Republican. Nowadays, not so much.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Charoite (09-20-2020)

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Those values have been eroding for years. Trump is the result of a decaying Republican party, not the cause of it.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-21-2020)

23. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,966 Times in 14,555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by /MSG/ View Post
    Which means they have no principles at all. Pure Law of the Jungle.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-20-2020)

26. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm not reading all that loser speak.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to /MSG/ For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (09-21-2020)