Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is would be the best Supreme Court pick for Biden?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,022 Times in 8,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    how fucking stupid are u? once Trump picks...the pick is in
    Tell that to Garland. Garland was nominated, then the Senate did nothing for a year, and finally his nomination was withdrawn.

Whoever trump picks, if Republicans cannot get him confirmed in December, can be withdrawn by a President Biden.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prat22 View Post
    What Biden should do is threaten to appoint two more Supreme Court justices if Trump and GOP place their judge in now.
    Hasn't the old fool already done that?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/09/19/mcconnell-biden-pack-court/

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonsprat22 View Post
    What Biden should do is threaten to appoint two more Supreme Court justices if Trump and GOP place their judge in now.
    The Republicans need to learn that everyone else can play fast and loose with the rules too.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Alt-Left Walty View Post
    Garland was nominated, then the Senate did nothing for a year, and finally his nomination was withdrawn.

Cry harder.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The Republicans need to learn that everyone else can play fast and loose with the rules too.
    What "rules" are those?

I'll understand if you don't know, of course.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    This is not the time to play nice. Biden and Democrats need to play hardball, as Chris Mathews would say.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jacksonsprat22 For This Post:

Walt (09-20-2020)

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Yes I am an asshole but not a trump sycophant but I dont expect a cockroach to understand. Youre a fucking filthy cockroach that scatters whenever the lights come on.
    Careful...he's a published author...

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by prat22 View Post
    This is not the time to place nice. Biden and Democrats need to play hardball, as Chris Mathews would say.
    "Place" nice?

Old man Biden is incapable of anything hard...

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Legion keeps posting in this thread. Doesn't he know that he has been put on my ignore list, because most of his posts were full of sexual perversion? They were not work safe so to speak. He can claim they were not his sexual fantasies, but he is the one posting them.

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    CONDOLEEZA RICE????
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Careful...he's a published author...
    Is that so? Cockroach Monthly? The Best Dumpsters in Town to Raid by Frank Apisa

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Is that so? Cockroach Monthly? The Best Dumpsters in Town to Raid by Walt
    Nope...he wrote...

letters to the editor.

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You can run, but you can't hide.

15. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Nope...he wrote...

letters to the editor.
    Are we certain he actually wrote them?

16. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Are we certain he actually wrote them?
    Let me quote one:

Quote Originally Posted by Yank Apenis View Post
    In another thread, Havana Moon and I got to discussing Frank Sinatra. I mentioned an essay I had written (that got published by a couple of newspapers)...and decided to post it here. It was a personal remembrance of Sinatra on the anniversary of his death. The voice was unmistakable even though he was speaking rather than singing. He was saying, “Excuse me, sir. Sir!” I turned and saw Frank Sinatra heading across the lawn toward me. He had his arm extended in my direction—a half-filled rocks glass in his hand. “Would you mind freshening this for me, please,” he said, “just some ice, no more booze.” The part about “no more booze” was delivered with that mischievous grin he used at least once in almost every movie he ever made. The thought that ran through my mind was, “Would I mind? I’ll brag to my friends about it!”, but the professional bartender in me took control and all I actually said was, “Sure thing, Mr. Sinatra.” Bartenders and waiters doing gigs at posh parties often get to rub shoulders with the stars and movers of our world—and I was encountering the great Frank Sinatra at this particular get-together. It was being held on a magazine-cover estate in the Hamptons owned by Mrs. I-Got-Lotsa-Bucks who was just back from China with a couple of lion statues that everybody was gushing over. Sinatra was the guest of honor—accompanied by his wife Barbara, Gregory Peck and his wife. Peck, by the way, declined my offer to get him something from the bar with, “No thank you. A young lady is already getting me a beer.” His voice was the same deep, mellow velvet you hear in his movies and I swear to you, it sounded like a line from Shakespeare. At the time, I was an instructor at a bartending school in Manhattan. The call for five experienced waiter/bartenders for the private party had come in two weeks earlier and I quickly put together a crew of three instructors, myself being one, and two advanced students. Mrs. Lotsabucks had called the school personally and had gone out of her way to stress that Sinatra was to be her guest of honor—so as you can imagine, we were all very excited. And she had made an unusual request: Would we make up a drink to honor her distinguished guest? Well, we were the largest bartending school in the world and on any given day there were more than 100 student bartenders working behind three very well stocked (with colored water) bars. We certainly had plenty of talent to work on the request; so we had a competition. As the supervising instructor, I was the sole judge. And in an incredible stroke of good fortune, I also won the contest. Hey! Lemme tell you about it and you decide if my decision was on the mark! During the setup to the contest, I told everybody to concentrate on the name of the drink. Ingredients are secondary to names when dealing with fad drinks. A Harvey Wallbanger, Fuzzy Navel, Sex on the Beach and all that lot didn’t get popular by tasting better than other drinks. They just had names that attracted. Nobody listened to me. They all put together weird concoctions (mostly with Jack Daniels, Sinatra’s favorite liquor, as a main ingredient) and almost none of them tagged a name to their entry. I, on the other hand, simply dropped a shot of Blue Curacao liqueur into a standard Vodka Collins and claimed victory. Blue Curacao is a liqueur made from the peels of tiny blue oranges grown on the Caribbean Island of Curacao; including it gives every drink a beautiful, pale blue color. So we had a pale blue drink in a frosted glass filled with ice…and the name, Ol’ Blue Ice!” Tell me that ain’t a winner. Sinatra never did get to taste one. In fact, when we got to the gig, which featured two beautiful mermaids (they wore tails, but no tops) sitting on a structure built into the center of the swimming pool, the hostess decided not to go with the special drink and didn’t even want to know what we had come up with. I guess she didn’t want the other famous guests (Peck and Cary Grant were there) thinking they were not special. At one point late in the party, Frank and Barbara Sinatra again approached me. He didn’t want anything; she did, but didn’t know just what. While she was mulling over her choices, I had the perfect opportunity to suggest an Ol’ Blue Ice, but lost my nerve. I think the hostess and I both screwed up big time. Now he’s gone, he would have turned 100 in December of (the year I wrote this) and all I have is this story. I enjoyed the PBS special on him last month; I suspect many people my age did. Anyway, sometime this week I’ll make myself an Ol’ Blue Ice and sip it down in his memory. I know where I keep the Sinatra CD’s…now I gotta remember what I did with the Blue Curacao?