Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Democrats Will Need 4 Republican Senators To Block Nomination. It's Possible.

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,402 Times in 9,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 864 Times in 822 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by That Shit Pot Scrubber View Post
    2020 just got even more interesting. We just got a new batch of shit pots at the nursing home I work at in the frozen tundra. My boss says if I work real hard I will get to be the first to scrub them clean! OH BOY!!

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    The reason Trump appeared to have actual human feelings when he heard about RBG passing is that he had obviously been briefed. If a SCOTUS judge is unable to fulfill duties, the president is notified. If she was on her death bed, he got briefed. What he said was obviously a prepared statement that he had rehearsed. He knew it was coming. I am totally not buying the fake compassion. He is an actor. It's all part of the con.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-22-2020)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-22-2020)

5. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,535 Times in 17,827 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,236 Times in 3,040 Posts
    Blog Entries

Gardner / Ernst / Grassley all in

which leaves Mittens - forget him- and Collins going out as a disgraced loser
    that's 50 - 50 even without Mittens
    https://news.yahoo.com/vulnerable-go...001900939.html

Per dukkha

6. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,535 Times in 17,827 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,236 Times in 3,040 Posts
    Blog Entries

PoliTalker:

"Dive, market, DIVE!

Take DT down with you.

02-28-2020, 06:47 AM #5 | Top
    PoliTalker

"Sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better.

We're going down.

BZZZZZT! BZZZZZT! BZZZZZT!

Dive! Dive! Dive!"

7. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,400 Times in 7,523 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 269 Times in 252 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    2020 just got even more interesting.

If the GOP was composed of honorable people, they would follow the precedent they set in 2016 and refuse to consider anyone nominated by #TRE45ON till after the election. We know, of course, that they are not honorable.

"After Kavanaugh, everything changed with me.".

No room for honorable after the Kav fiasco.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Earl (09-22-2020)

9. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    It may as well be.
    The DNC supports the Rights of Protesters to their Freedom to Assemble.
    The DNC (nor anyone else) supports the 'burning & looting'.

But, ... I get your drift.

10. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 1,980 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 56 Times in 52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Mann: "The DNC once again barred their best prospect, Bernie Sanders, from the nomination so that they could instead run a candidate so unimpressive and so disliked s/he needs to have event attendees bussed in."
    Jack: Trump is an incompetent President. Picking 'Grandpa Biden', soft and fuzzy, religious, will pick off ex-Trump supporters that are disgusted with Trump and his constant lies.

Mann: "The DNC turned to open violence, intimidation and thuggery across the country ... without having thought it through ... and now are afraid to adopt the needed platform to win because that will anger the thugs."
    Jack: Pretty sure it's NOT the 'DNC' out on the streets committing acts of violence. (Not really a 'Vote-Getter')

Mann: "The DNC needed to counter Trump's job creation and unprecedented low unemployment ... and got AOC to cancel Amazon creating jobs in New York."
    Jack: Sounds like a Local Issue. Like, there's already TOO MANY FUCKING PEOPLE in Brooklyn.

Mann: "The DNC have openly advocated stealing the election through massive voter fraud perpetrated via mail-in voting ... believing that Americans want political parties doing that."
    Jack: HA! There's a Pandemic. People prefer 'Mail-In Voting' (especially Old People) rather than stand in line with lots of Other People. Trump installs a Major Donor as Postmaster ... who immediately begins removing 'Sorting Machines' and 'Corner Mailboxes'. So ... who's trying to cause Chaos and Disrupt the Election?

Mann: "The DNC has its gullible moron votors not only regurgitating fake polls that have Biden leading ... but requires them to totally believe them."
    Jack: The ONLY Poll that counts is on Nov. 3rd.
    Thank you for documenting this. We will revisit this on or after 4 November.

[*REVISIT-Jack's_Presidential_Outlook]
    Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IBDaMann For This Post:

Earl (09-22-2020), Jack (09-22-2020)

12. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The DNC supports the Rights of Protesters to [general violence and mayhem]
    Yes, to the extent that the DNC will refer to Trump's offers to help in quelling violent riots as "fascist attempts by a NAZI dictator."

The DNC nurtures violence, fosters its escalation and encourages it to thrive at all Democrat controlled locations near you. If you act now, the DNC will throw in gunfire exchange absolutely free. Hurry, the first 50 orders will receive this beautiful matching shattered glass set, all you pay is shipping and torching.

Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

13. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IBDaMann View Post
    Thank you for documenting this. We will revisit this on or after 4 November.

[*REVISIT-Jack's_Presidential_Outlook]

Somehow (call me crazy) but I think you WILL NOT RETURN with the same moniker.

14. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes, to the extent that the DNC will refer to Trump's offers to help in quelling violent riots as "fascist attempts by a NAZI dictator."

The DNC nurtures violence, fosters its escalation and encourages it to thrive at all Democrat controlled locations near you. If you act now, the DNC will throw in gunfire exchange absolutely free. Hurry, the first 50 orders will receive this beautiful matching shattered glass set, all you pay is shipping and torching.

15. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Somehow (call me crazy) but I think you WILL NOT RETURN with the same moniker.
    Yes, I will continue to call you crazy.

16. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    I am totally not buying the fake compassion. He is an actor. It's all part of the con.
    This is a clear reflection of your poor judgement.

Given all of Trump's rallies and his ability to talk for hours, this nonetheless appears to you to be a rehearsed speech?

I'll give you a hint, when Trump does that thing with the hands, he's readjusting on the fly. When he's about to recite something prepared/rehearsed, he turns his entire body about 32-45 degrees, usually to his right (when he does this, he usually leans on the lectern if there is one).

17. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,700 Times in 33,596 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,061 Times in 4,679 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is a clear reflection of your poor judgement.

Given all of Trump's rallies and his ability to talk for hours, this nonetheless appears to you to be a rehearsed speech?

I'll give you a hint, when Trump does that thing with the hands, he's readjusting on the fly. When he's about to recite something prepared/rehearsed, he turns his entire body about 32-45 degrees, usually to his right (when he does this, he usually leans on the lectern if there is one).
    He probably doesn’t know, his staff doesn’t inform him about a lot of things. At least it’s what he always claims.

18. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,954 Times in 8,233 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,669 Times in 2,475 Posts

trump gets tired at about an hour. he can do a stream of consciousness for about an hour, but that is about it. There is usually not much that makes sense in that stream of consciousness. It really is the rantings of a madman. The time he spent a few minutes chanting "I like Ike" comes to mind. his family history of Alzheimer's is really showing.

19. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    trump gets tired at about an hour.
    Most people start to tire long before that and wouldn't mind it just being over. Trump, however, has never cut an event short. I still don't understand how your limited understanding of speech is somehow Trump's fault.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to IBDaMann For This Post:

gfm7175 (09-22-2020)