Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Democrats Will Need 4 Republican Senators To Block Nomination. It's Possible.

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I’ll stick with stupid.
    like hillary did, & you see how that worked out..................
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Jarod,

I’ll stick with stupid.
    Sums up most Trump voters.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-21-2020)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Jarod (09-21-2020)

5. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,535 Times in 17,827 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,236 Times in 3,040 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Jarod,

Sums up most Trump voters.
    You are a Biden supporter and you cheered when the virus from China that China failed to contain caused economic harm to millions of Americans and their families.

You are cruel and hate filled.

6. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 3,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Democrats could lose Manchin from WV.

He’ll be walking on eggshells either way he goes.
    ... and Doug Jones will be f@@ked if he chooses not to confirm the nominee, but Dims ARE quite dim...

We know that Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski will defect and side with the Dims, since they are as RINO as a RINO can be, and Mitt Romney will likely side with the Dims as well because of his TDS... BUT if the rest of the R's hold steady then Pence can still confirm the nominee...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

Darth Omar (09-21-2020), Earl (09-21-2020)

8. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,281 Times in 22,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatFOWLWoman View Post
    2020 just got even more interesting.
    No; leftists just got even more triggered.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatFOWLWoman View Post
    If the GOP was composed of honorable people, they would follow the precedent they set in 2016 and refuse to consider anyone nominated by #TRE45ON till after the election. We know, of course, that they are not honorable.
    ^Lying partisan hack thinks he knows what honorable is. Fuck you and the leftist hacks who cry here every fucking day along with Pelosi and the pack of Fascistic dumb fucks in the Democratic Party of the Jackass.

We're going to ram another traditionalist conservative down your throats and there isn't a damn thing you whiny loons can do about it.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

9. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,281 Times in 22,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump could appoint Kim Jun Un and the Republicans would support him.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

10. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,258 Times in 51,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

And therein lies the problem.

Since the attraction to Trump is emotional, logic won't explain the reasoning.

Most Trump voters were voting for a TV character.

They called it a 'reality show,' but the only thing that was real were the low-paid guests who played along with a fictional narrative portrayed by Trump.

He was a terrible businessman in real life. He went bankrupt repeatedly. He ripped people off, stiffed contractors, swindled investors. That's the reality
    Agreed the attraction is emotional. This is why fear-mongering works. Look at how many RWNJs on this forum passed along "the BLM Marxists and Antifa are gonna getcha! Vote Trump" meme. It's a purely emotional argument and such arguments mainly appeal to the poorly educated and those who are losing their jobs after being replaced by machines (and are too stupid or unwilling to be retrained).
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

11. The Following User Groans At Doc Dutch For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-21-2020)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-21-2020)

13. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Given the fact that Scalia passed in February of that year, and McConnell and the (R)s refused to even consider Garland, I would call that dishonorable.

Several (R)s stated that they didn't think it was right to allow Obama to "have" one more justice and that they shouldn't even vote on one in an election year because the (mumble mumble) people might choose a differently-flavored POTUS. So fair is fair -- is it now honorable to forget all about that and try to ram one through -- six weeks before the election?

If there's one thing that Republicans are good at, it's hypocrisy.
    Unfortunately true. It wasn't always that way, but it's been going that way for far too many years now.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-21-2020), ThatOwlWoman (09-21-2020)

15. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Agreed the attraction is emotional. This is why fear-mongering works. Look at how many RWNJs on this forum passed along "the BLM Marxists and Antifa are gonna getcha! Vote Trump" meme. It's a purely emotional argument and such arguments mainly appeal to the poorly educated and those who are losing their jobs after being replaced by machines (and are too stupid or unwilling to be retrained).
    I don’t worry much about either, personally lol.

But if I were a Democrat my worry would be losing other Democrats over the non-threat of Non-Existent Antifa and the mostly peaceful BLM. Most of the violence and mayhem has occurred in democrat precincts and involved democrat businesses and properties.

When BLM does their cute little traffic stop ‘protests’ in heavily democrat precincts—those vehicles are filled mostly with democrats. And these democrats have family, who knows how many social media contacts etc.

If Biden loses in November you can point the finger at Antifa and BLM.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (09-21-2020), gfm7175 (09-21-2020)

17. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Successful people know how to shift from one career to another.

As times change, so do opportunities.

Those who stagnate get left behind.

Fools think they can train for one job for life and then never have to change. Even the jobs one can stay in for life change the way they do things with the changing times.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

18. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-21-2020)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (09-21-2020)

20. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    I don’t worry much about either, personally lol.

But if I were a Democrat my worry would be losing other Democrats over the non-threat of Non-Existent Antifa and the mostly peaceful BLM. Most of the violence and mayhem has occurred in democrat precincts and involved democrat businesses and properties.

When BLM does their cute little traffic stop ‘protests’ in heavily democrat precincts—those vehicles are filled mostly with democrats. And these democrats have family, who knows how many social media contacts etc.

If Biden loses in November you can point the finger at Antifa and BLM.
    If Biden loses in November there will be a lot of fingers pointed at Putin.

21. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-21-2020)

22. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Seems unlikely, but there may be hope. This could get interesting.
    no, theres no hope nutbags… I admire your grit though
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

Earl (09-21-2020)

24. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Successful people know how to shift from one career to another.

As times change, so do opportunities.

Those who stagnate get left behind.

Fools think they can train for one job for life and then never have to change. Even the jobs one can stay in for life change the way they do things with the changing times.
    Agreed 100%.

A challenge for our nation is to maximize the potential, including keeping them current, of all American citizens. Better to have productive taxpayers rather than tax liabilities.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-21-2020), ThatOwlWoman (09-21-2020)

26. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

If Biden loses in November there will be a lot of fingers pointed at Putin.
    Better, IMO, to point at the Looney Tunes in the Democratic party. I'm not the only one bothered by the idea of two years of a Democrat Triumvirate, Politburo, Co-Presidency, whatever. It's always bad when one party controls the entire government. People might vote just based on that fact, especially Independents.

27. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Better, IMO, to point at the Looney Tunes in the Democratic party. I'm not the only one bothered by the idea of two years of a Democrat Triumvirate, Politburo, Co-Presidency, whatever. It's always bad when one party controls the entire government. People might vote just based on that fact, especially Independents.
    You know Obama and Democrats tried to include Republicans in writing the health care law, but all Republicans did was play along, waste time, and load it down with bloat. Then none of them signed it bcause, really, they never intended to.

If Democrats tried to include Republicans and get them to agree one what the bill would say, nothing would be done.

If the USA waited for a bipartisan bill, nothing would be done.

The only way to get a health care reform law was for Democrats to go it alone, which they should have done from the start, sorry to say.

Republicans were so obsessed with blocking any successes for Democrats they prevented any bipartisan law.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (09-21-2020)