Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Democrats Will Need 4 Republican Senators To Block Nomination. It's Possible.

1. #226 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,478 Times in 52,483 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    And San Antonio. All 4 of those counties voted for Hillary. I may not vote 3rd party if it looks like it will be close. I live in SE Texas.
    I'll vote another straight Libertarian ticket. Where no Libertarian is running, I'll vote for the challenger regardless of party. What everyone else votes for is their problem.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #227 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    If that is true, then parties are pure evil since they are completely lacking in principles.

Agreed both parties are full of hypocrites.
    ALL politicians should never be trusted. That is why we should only choose politicians who are Constitutionalists and promote policies that LIMIT Government power.

That can only be accomplished when the sheeple, like you, wake up and demand their politicians pass term limit legislation for Senators and Representatives; pass the FAIR tax which would abolish the abomination of the IRS tax code, and eliminate the Departments of Agriculture, Commerce, Labor, Health and Human Services, Housing and Urban Development, Energy and Education.

Unfortunately, we have a lot of triggered uneducated loons on the left, like you, who vote for Democrat politicians who promise them free stuff. It's a circle of stupidity.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

3. #228 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

I also voted third party in both 2016 and 2018. I will do so again this year. I live in Northern Texas which is Trump country, but the cities of Dallas, Austin and Houston may flip the state blue.
    That is going to happen. It is a near certainty. The only unanswered question is will it happen this election cycle or take a bit longer. No doubt of it. Only a matter of time. Texas is going from red to purple and then blue. And when the 29 electoral votes of Texas go blue? That's going to make it very interesting nationally for Republicans.

This is no big secret, either. It is widely known. It is part of the reasoning behind all this anti-immigrant fervor. Everybody knows our economy would fall flat on it's face without tons of cheap immigrant labor to exploit. Republicans are simply at a loss to reinvent themselves in such a way to attract voters in the changing demographics of the nation.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #229 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump is polling worse this time, especially in the Swing States. That said, I do disagree that the reason Trump won in 2016 was due to "poorly informed" voters. Even Democrats hated Hillary but they voted for the "D", not the person. Same for those who voted in 2016 and will vote/are voting in 2020; they will vote for the "R", not the douchebag idiot in the WH.
    ^Doesn't think he is the douchebag.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

5. #230 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

That is going to happen. It is a near certainty. The only unanswered question is will it happen this election cycle or take a bit longer. No doubt of it. Only a matter of time. Texas is going from red to purple and then blue. And when the 29 electoral votes of Texas go blue? That's going to make it very interesting nationally for Republicans.

This is no big secret, either. It is widely known. It is part of the reasoning behind all this anti-immigrant fervor. Everybody knows our economy would fall flat on it's face without tons of cheap immigrant labor to exploit. Republicans are simply at a loss to reinvent themselves in such a way to attract voters in the changing demographics of the nation.
    It's also a near certainty that Texas will remain red.

Agreed Republicans have screwed themselves on the immigration issue, but so have the Democrats. The nation needs immigration reform, not condoning illegal immigration as both sides seem to do.

6. #231 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I also voted third party in both 2016 and 2018. I will do so again this year. I live in Northern Texas which is Trump country, but the cities of Dallas, Austin and Houston may flip the state blue.
    ^Thinks he is smarter than everyone else because he votes for loons that have ZERO chance of ever winning. What a fucking genius.

7. #232 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It will take a major national event to push people out of their ruts and demand better government. Can't do that with only pink pussy hats and bullhorns.
    That begs the question; what is your definition of "better government" snowflake?

8. #233 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'll vote another straight Libertarian ticket. Where no Libertarian is running, I'll vote for the challenger regardless of party. What everyone else votes for is their problem.
    What does the "straight libertarian" ticket stand for? What is their platform snowflake?

9. #234 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Agreed Republicans have screwed themselves on the immigration issue,
    They have? How so? Explain how wanting to secure our borders from being overrun by third world shit holes, drug runners, child exploitation and terrorists is a bad policy?

The nation needs immigration reform, not condoning illegal immigration as both sides seem to do.
    That's what Trump has been saying snowflake. What other Trump policies do you support? How about protecting citizens and supporting law enforcement? You agree with that one too?

10. #235 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

It's also a near certainty that Texas will remain red.

Agreed Republicans have screwed themselves on the immigration issue, but so have the Democrats. The nation needs immigration reform, not condoning illegal immigration as both sides seem to do.
    I spent some time in Dallas. I figured it was easy to mesh with the locals. If the pick up truck driver is wearing a cowboy hat, or it has a gun rack, then it automatically has the right of way. If it has both? Then it pretty much owns the road. Understand the rules and you'll get along just fine.

But seriously, folks...

Those good old boys are just not expanding their numbers as much as the immigrants are. The problem is they don't want to pay any taxes. So they figured they could expand the tax base by inviting in a lot of new businesses with low taxes. Houston even boasts no zoning. Put anything anywhere ya want. Well, people did. They came and they set up shop. But what they needed was lots of cheap labor. All those new businesses needed workers, but they don't want to pay high wages. The call has been answered by immigrants. How many languages are spoken in Houston? That place is like the UN. It's crazy. Cheap labor, lots of land for expansion, low overhead. Growing like weeds.

But all that cheap labor tends to vote Dem. Tejas is *so* turning blue. Just a matter of time. The brown will make it blue.

I think the nation needs to get honest with itself about immigration. We depend on it. We need to set up a pathway to citizenship. Make it a tough pathway to discourage being over-run, yes. Very tough. I say tax 'em to death. Make 'em pay and pay dearly. Years of paying. Having a legal pathway, albeit a tough one, will help justify cracking down on rule-breakers. Wanna get into the US? No problem. You can just buy your way in. And we will let you come and work for it. It won't be easy.

We NEED lots of young workers to make our nation thrive and to pay the social security of the boomers. Those workers are clamoring to get in. Let em! Just set up the rules right so we don't get screwed.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. #236 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

It is silly to claim voting 3rd party is "throwing away" your vote. It won't matter unless somebody wins by a single vote. Also, third parties in Texas need a certain percentage of the vote for their candidate to automatically qualify for the ballot in the next general election. If another party attracts enough support the two major parties could try to attract those voters by adopting some of their issues.

2020 is the first year Texas does not have the box at the top of the ticket for straight-party voting. I'm sure we will see a lot less votes for the down ballot offices. Some areas of Texas are having trouble getting people to work the polls. Some polls were closed in the run-off primary because of a shortage.

12. #237 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Republican voters tend to be bombastic, in your face kinda people. The Democratic voters listen to the Republican blowhard, pretend to go along, humor them, but then when they get in the privacy of the voting booth they express their own view. They vote Democratic.
    Kind of a bigoted stereotype. Go to some of the cities holding protests and you will find plenty of Democrats being bombastic, in your face.

13. #238 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It is silly to claim voting 3rd party is "throwing away" your vote. It won't matter unless somebody wins by a single vote. Also, third parties in Texas need a certain percentage of the vote for their candidate to automatically qualify for the ballot in the next general election. If another party attracts enough support the two major parties could try to attract those voters by adopting some of their issues.

2020 is the first year Texas does not have the box at the top of the ticket for straight-party voting. I'm sure we will see a lot less votes for the down ballot offices. Some areas of Texas are having trouble getting people to work the polls. Some polls were closed in the run-off primary because of a shortage.
    Time will tell. Straight ballot or not, I always recheck my ballot. It's a once-in-a-four (or two)-year thing so it is smart to review something so important.

14. #239 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Time will tell. Straight ballot or not, I always recheck my ballot. It's a once-in-a-four (or two)-year thing so it is smart to review something so important.
    I requested a mail-in ballot this year. I don't get any thrill from going to the polls and there is no reason to risk my health although during early voting there are seldom many people there.

I was embarrassed for not knowing anything about some of the candidates in the primary for offices like Supreme Court and Court of Criminal Appeals. At home I can look at their qualifications and record. Texas has so many elected offices it is difficult to be familiar with many of them. Many people leave those offices blank if they don't know them and most of their votes come from straight-party voting.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-24-2020)

16. #240 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Flash,

Kind of a bigoted stereotype. Go to some of the cities holding protests and you will find plenty of Democrats being bombastic, in your face.
    I said 'tend.'