Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Democrats Will Need 4 Republican Senators To Block Nomination. It's Possible.

1. #151 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

The New Lindsey Graham Pit Bull

“Nothing like an election to concentrate the mind huh?
    Graham knows he's in a close one/ the SCOTUS hearing give him a chance to cement SCarolina base
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gra...scotus-nominee

"They said they tried to destroy Brett Kavanaugh so they could fill the seat -- they were dumb enough to say that," Graham added. "I've seen this movie before. It's not going to work, it didn't work with Kavanaugh.

"We've got the votes to confirm Justice Ginsburg's replacement before the election. We're going to move forward in the committee, we're going to report the nomination out of the committee to the floor of the United States Senate so we can vote before the election. Now, that's the constitutional process."

After Kavanaugh, everything changed with me," Graham told Hannity Monday. "They are not going to intimidate me, [Senate Majority Leader] Mitch McConnell, or anybody else."

"We’ve got the votes to confirm the judge, the justice on the floor of the Senate before the election," he asserted, " and that's what's coming."

2. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,517 Times in 52,735 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    They didn't set a precedent in 2016. They made a political decision based on the circumstances at the time.
    You can spin it as you please. The facts are clear: They blocked Garland's appointment for MONTHS on the pretext that it was an election year. This time they refuse to "let the people make the choice." They have no honor, no principles. Neither do their supporters.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

3. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-23-2020)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (09-23-2020), Doc Dutch (09-23-2020), Nordberg (09-23-2020), PoliTalker (09-23-2020)

5. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Senator Graham:

“Lastly, after the treatment of Justice Kavanaugh I now have a different view of the judicial-confirmation process. Compare the treatment of Robert Bork, Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, and Brett Kavanaugh to that of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Sonia Sotomayor, and Elena Kagan, and it’s clear that there already is one set of rules for a Republican president and one set of rules for a Democrat president."

It's called "what goes around comes around."

You will see more of this when President Trump wins re-election.

6. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,614 Times in 51,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    You can spin it as you please. The facts are clear: They blocked Garland's appointment for MONTHS on the pretext that it was an election year. This time they refuse to "let the people make the choice." They have no honor, no principles. Neither do their supporters.
    Agreed, as anyone who is honest and honorable would realize and acknowledge.

Unfortunately, the US has been moving away from honesty and honor since Bill Clinton. No doubt the subject it will be (or has been) a master's or doctoral thesis for many.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. The Following User Groans At Doc Dutch For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-23-2020)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-23-2020), ThatOwlWoman (09-23-2020)

9. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,698 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 56 Times in 52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    I have simply learned far too much about this man.
    You mean that you have allowed yourself to be totally manipulated into letting others do your thinking for you and to ream disinformation into you. You otherwise can't see the world from the depths of your safe space where the light of day cannot reach. It's no wonder that you absolutely must control every aspect of a conversation in order to participate in one.

Everything he does is in relation to what is in it for him.
    Yes, you are a typical Leftist snowflake shit who invents and assigns nefarious motives to others just to get out of extending credit where it is due. The earth would be better off if you were flushed away.

He does not get the benefit of the doubt any more.
    You have to have first extended to him the benefit of the doubt in order to cease extending to him the benefit of the doubt. You never did because you are a TDS-afflicted loser who is desperate to be relevant in some way in this life and you believe it's impossible given your shortcomings.

My wisest view of him is to assume the worst.
    Your compulsive behavior is to try to project your worst onto Trump, i.e. someone you see as absolutely relevant, and to delude yourself into believing that your own hopeless situation is somehow "wisdom."

If I am proven wrong about him then I will accept that.
    Au contraire mon frčre, you will never do anything of the sort. You know full well Trump never became a monster. He simply ran for President. You are the one who allowed the DNC to bend you over furniture and totally tool you into becoming one of their walking dead. You are the one with the problem, certainly not Trump ... and you aren't fooling anyone into believing that you are going to be acknowledging this anytime soon.

That's because that is the Donald Trump I have become all too familiar with.
    I bet Donald Trump has never even met you. You apparently know nothing about him ... exscept maybe that he supports Goya.

It has been made plainly clear the man has no heart.
    It has been made plainly clear you project well. I could write a TV miniseries about you from the volumes you speak about yourself.
    Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to IBDaMann For This Post:

Earl (09-23-2020)

11. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well, no, Mujer de Buho.

Senator Graham:

“Compare the treatment of Robert Bork, Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, and Brett Kavanaugh to that of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Sonia Sotomayor, and Elena Kagan, and it’s clear that there already is one set of rules for a Republican president and one set of rules for a Democrat president."

It's called "what goes around comes around."

You will see more of this when President Trump wins re-election.

12. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IBDaMann View Post
    You mean that you have allowed yourself to be totally manipulated into letting others do your thinking for you and to ream disinformation into you. You otherwise can't see the world from the depths of your safe space where the light of day cannot reach. It's no wonder that you absolutely must control every aspect of a conversation in order to participate in one.

Yes, you are a typical Leftist snowflake shit who invents and assigns nefarious motives to others just to get out of extending credit where it is due. The earth would be better off if you were flushed away.

You have to have first extended to him the benefit of the doubt in order to cease extending to him the benefit of the doubt. You never did because you are a TDS-afflicted loser who is desperate to be relevant in some way in this life and you believe it's impossible given your shortcomings.

Your compulsive behavior is to try to project your worst onto Trump, i.e. someone you see as absolutely relevant, and to delude yourself into believing that your own hopeless situation is somehow "wisdom."

Au contraire mon frčre, you will never do anything of the sort. You know full well Trump never became a monster. He simply ran for President. You are the one who allowed the DNC to bend you over furniture and totally tool you into becoming one of their walking dead. You are the one with the problem, certainly not Trump ... and you aren't fooling anyone into believing that you are going to be acknowledging this anytime soon.

I bet Donald Trump has never even met you. You apparently know nothing about him ... exscept maybe that he supports Goya.

It has been made plainly clear you project well. I could write a TV miniseries about you from the volumes you speak about yourself.
    Indeed.

When PoliTalker cheered the economic loss for millions of Americans and their families caused by the virus from China that China failed to

contain, he showed his contempt for the American people.

Hatred for his fellow Americans...he is contemptible.

13. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Agreed, as anyone who is honest and honorable would realize and acknowledge.

Unfortunately, the US has been moving away from honesty and honor since Bill Clinton. No doubt the subject it will be (or has been) a master's or doctoral thesis for many.
    I think Presidents W and Obama are basically honest, principled men. The GOP as a whole used to have principles as well. They have surrendered their souls to the Mango Messiah in exchange for power and wealth.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

14. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-23-2020)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (09-23-2020), PoliTalker (09-23-2020)

16. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Might as well give it up, pEarl. Despite what your toxic twat tells you, I don't read your droolings. And never will.

This message is hidden because pEarl is on your ignore list.

17. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Might as well give it up, pEarl. Despite what your toxic twat tells you, I don't read your droolings. And never will.

Is there a story there?

FWIW, it seems clear to me that Earl is not the man he once was. Something tragic happened to him as seen by his limited range of contributions to this forum.

It's sad, but forums may be the only outside contact for many elderly, brain-damaged or otherwise mentally incapacitated shut-ins. Aside from their caretakers, that is. If family is a caretaker, they may be more than happy to encourage their ill relative to be online since it keeps the person busy.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

19. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Is there a story there?

FWIW, it seems clear to me that Earl is not the man he once was. Something tragic happened to him as seen by his limited range of contributions to this forum.

It's sad, but forums may be the only outside contact for many elderly, brain-damaged or otherwise mentally incapacitated shut-ins. Aside from their caretakers, that is. If family is a caretaker, they may be more than happy to encourage their ill relative to be online since it keeps the person busy.
    No, no story. Just my decision to refuse to interact with low-info, name-calling, mewling pussies who can't discuss things rationally, but have to tag after their targets begging for their attention. Toxic always tells them (pEarl and GrayJunk and Stevie, etc.) that I don't really have them on ignore, thus encouraging them to troll harder. The skirt-tugging is unseemly and unmanly as well, but there you go. The only time I have to see their slobberings is when someone quotes them. Toxic does that a lot, if there's an insult aimed at me, just to make sure that I see it. I still don't. As soon as I see one of her own droolings quoting one of them, I just keep on scrolling by. Problem solved! lol

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (09-23-2020), Phantasmal (09-23-2020)

21. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,698 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 56 Times in 52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Well, no, Mujer de Buho.

Senator Graham:
    “Compare the treatment of Robert Bork, Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, and Brett Kavanaugh to that of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Sonia Sotomayor, and Elena Kagan, and it’s clear that there already is one set of rules for a Republican president and one set of rules for a Democrat president."

It's called "what goes around comes around." You will see more of this when President Trump wins re-election.

Earl, la cobarde de buho y boca de mierda solamente responde así cuando lee el mensaje.

Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

22. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

E tu, Brute.

This message is hidden because NotReallyaMann is on your ignore list.

23. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, no story. Just my decision to refuse to interact with low-info, name-calling, mewling pussies who can't discuss things rationally, but have to tag after their targets begging for their attention. Toxic always tells them (pEarl and GrayJunk and Stevie, etc.) that I don't really have them on ignore, thus encouraging them to troll harder. The skirt-tugging is unseemly and unmanly as well, but there you go. The only time I have to see their slobberings is when someone quotes them. Toxic does that a lot, if there's an insult aimed at me, just to make sure that I see it. I still don't. As soon as I see one of her own droolings quoting one of them, I just keep on scrolling by. Problem solved! lol
    For some people like Earl, PmP, Truth Detector, Teflon Don, Steven, INT/IBDa/gfm, etc, trolling and nutty conspiracy theories is all they have. I don't use the ignore function, but skip over their posts as repetitive, juvenile and lacking in substance. They can have their fun while the intelligent adults discuss intelligent adult topics.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

25. #165 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sure you read them, Mujer de Buho.

No post on JPP goes unread.

You even respond on my threads...that you don’t read...lol