Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Democrats Will Need 4 Republican Senators To Block Nomination. It's Possible.

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 38 Times in 38 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Given the fact that Scalia passed in February of that year, and McConnell and the (R)s refused to even consider Garland, I would call that dishonorable.

Several (R)s stated that they didn't think it was right to allow Obama to "have" one more justice and that they shouldn't even vote on one in an election year because the (mumble mumble) people might choose a differently-flavored POTUS. So fair is fair -- is it now honorable to forget all about that and try to ram one through -- six weeks before the election?

If there's one thing that Republicans are good at, it's hypocrisy.
    Like this?
    Joe Biden spent decades warning of voter fraud — now called a myth by Dems
    https://nypost.com/2020/09/19/biden-...w-call-a-myth/

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,258 Times in 51,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Not pure evil--they are a way to organize government and elections and gain power. They are willing to change their principles in order to win and because times change. Republicans would be silly to still be running on anti-slavery. They are willing to put party above principle.

It is not evil, but Americans find power distasteful. And, we change our views based on what is good for our side.

1. You don't see many Republicans wanting to wait to choose the SC replacement until after the election or Democrats wanting it completed before the election. Those views are not based on principle.

2. You don't see many Republicans believing Anita Hill or Ford on sexual harassment and you don't see many Democrats believe the sexual accusations against Biden or Clinton (except Monica). Whether we believe the women involved has nothing to do with their veracity but our party affiliation.

The hypocrisy is as much with the public as the parties.
    Whimsically flipping on principles means having no principles at all. Obviously there is evolution over time such as seen in the changes of both parties over the past 30+ years but throwing out one's principles when they become inconvenient would fill each party full of deplorables.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-20-2020), Sailor (09-20-2020), ThatOwlWoman (09-20-2020)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,474 Times in 17,035 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,563 Times in 4,243 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Trump could appoint Kim Jun Un and the Republicans would support him.
    Why not, they are having a love affair. Kim sends trump beautiful letters. while he makes Abombs.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-20-2020)

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,474 Times in 17,035 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,563 Times in 4,243 Posts

It is possible that the Repubs will not get the vote by Nov, 3rd. But the 2 months of lame duck will be crazy. Trump and a bunch of Repubs will be losing their jobs. We know Trump will go nuts setting up ways for him to take the money and run. But will the Reds who are losing their seats do something nuts too, or will teyt act properly free from Trump and Moscow Mitch?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-20-2020)

8. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    It is possible that the Repubs will not get the vote by Nov, 3rd. But the 2 months of lame duck will be crazy. Trump and a bunch of Repubs will be losing their jobs. We know Trump will go nuts setting up ways for him to take the money and run. But will the Reds who are losing their seats do something nuts too, or will teyt act properly free from Trump and Moscow Mitch?
    I would suspect most are looking for a pay day in the private sector when they leave so doing anything stupid could jeopardize that..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

9. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Whimsically flipping on principles means having no principles at all. Obviously there is evolution over time such as seen in the changes of both parties over the past 30+ years but throwing out one's principles when they become inconvenient would fill each party full of deplorables.
    I think we've had quite enough with one party doing that.

And there is a reason Trump chose the Republican party.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

I would totally not be surprised to see Trump skip out of the country before the inauguration if he loses. He's protected from indictment until then.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

I think we've had quite enough with one party doing that.

And there is a reason Trump chose the Republican party.
    Dude, part of the problem is asserting only one party is at fault. Consider how close the elections have been the past few years. Consider how close the Presidential election is going to be and how close the Congressional races will be. Do you really believe every Republican voter is a stupid, deplorable idiotic hater and that only the Democrats hold the shining light of freedom, truth, justice and the American way?

12. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 56 Times in 56 Posts

Each day gets sweeter than the day before.

Blessings

13. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Dude, part of the problem is asserting only one party is at fault. Consider how close the elections have been the past few years. Consider how close the Presidential election is going to be and how close the Congressional races will be. Do you really believe every Republican voter is a stupid, deplorable idiotic hater and that only the Democrats hold the shining light of freedom, truth, justice and the American way?
    Of course not. No, I don't believe 'every Republican voter is a stupid, deplorable idiotic hater and that only the Democrats hold the shining light of freedom, truth, justice and the American way.' The problem for Republicans is the good ones are not numerous enough to win elections. Trump brought in the deplorable vote, which was the one thing that put them over the top. And too many of the good ones chose party over principles. They decided to just look the other way as the racist white supremacist hater vote was brought in.

Right now, America has a choice. Stay with you-know-who, or let the Democrats take it for a while. If they do well, right on. If they don't then Republicans will have another chance to take it back. Republicans have had their chance for now. They blew it. We have the wrong leadership. The election is how we change that.

You know, most Trump voters from 2016? They were not voting for HIM. They were voting against Hillary.

Now we are looking at a similar situation with the Dems. People who are motivated to vote for Biden? They are really voting against Trump.

Biden will have his chance to prove himself if he wins. If he doesn't deliver his approval will drop fast. He will be on probation after he takes office. I think he knows that.

14. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Of course not. No, I don't believe 'every Republican voter is a stupid, deplorable idiotic hater and that only the Democrats hold the shining light of freedom, truth, justice and the American way.' The problem for Republicans is the good ones are not numerous enough to win elections. Trump brought in the deplorable vote, which was the one thing that put them over the top. And too many of the good ones chose party over principles. They decided to just look the other way as the racist white supremacist hater vote was brought in.

Right now, America has a choice. Stay with you-know-who, or let the Democrats take it for a while. If they do well, right on. If they don't then Republicans will have another chance to take it back. Republicans have had their chance for now. They blew it. We have the wrong leadership. The election is how we change that.

You know, most Trump voters from 2016? They were not voting for HIM. They were voting against Hillary.

Now we are looking at a similar situation with the Dems. People who are motivated to vote for Biden? They are really voting against Trump.

Biden will have his chance to prove himself if he wins. If he doesn't deliver his approval will drop fast. He will be on probation after he takes office. I think he knows that.
    Ahh, so you only think the majority of Republicans are stupid, deplorable idiotic haters.

What do you think the Democrats top 3 priorities will be in the first 100 days of their Triumvirate, if that happens?

15. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

16. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Hello Nordberg,

I would totally not be surprised to see Trump skip out of the country before the inauguration if he loses. He's protected from indictment until then.
    He's a got a plane booked to Moscow

17. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,549 Times in 21,433 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,606 Times in 5,116 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why not, they are having a love affair. Kim sends trump beautiful letters. while he makes Abombs.
    Hahaha!

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

18. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,549 Times in 21,433 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,606 Times in 5,116 Posts
    Blog Entries

The vote won’t be until after the election and that might free enough Republicans from Trumps* grasp.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-21-2020)