Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: The News as We Once Knew It Is Dead

1. #151 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    QED. Exactly what I mean; you lack critical thinking skills.....and on the low end of the LWers too.
    On that thread, you made a point, it fell flat, then you spent about half a dozen posts playing coy and not admitting to what you had said earlier, before finally abandoning the thread out of cowardice.

So how is that "critical thinking"? How did you apply Critical Thinking to that thread? Take me through it, because I don't see it. What I see is you desperate to stick it to me by pretending that the protests of the 60's were somehow larger (they weren't) than the recent protests this summer. Then you demanded numbers, which I gave you HAPPILY, while you provided no data to support your own argument. Then you moved the bar to ambiguously refer to a period of time. But you failed there too because you offered up no data points to support what you were saying.

Then you ran away when I threw it all back into your face.

That's where we are now.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

You kept arguing about total number of protesters and compared it to a single event.
    OK, so now we're getting to the heart of your lack of critical thinking skills.

And I didn't compare just the Floyd Protests...I used the Women's March in 2017 too.

What you failed to do was account for the duration and number of protesters in the 60's. You completely dropped the ball. And the reason you did that was because you wanted to try and frame these protests as illegitimate compared to the ones you saw -BUT DIDN'T PARTICIPATE IN- during the 60's when you were...what...10 years old?

So by all means, critically think your way out of that rhetorical pickle. I'm all here for it.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

3. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,600 Times in 51,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Journalists mostly decided to get out of that calling and went into the Mind Molding business.

We are so screwed.
    Here, maybe this will help: https://collegeinfogeek.com/improve-...inking-skills/
    7 Ways to Improve Your Critical Thinking Skills
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    OK, so now we're getting to the heart of your lack of critical thinking skills.

And I didn't compare just the Floyd Protests...I used the Women's March in 2017 too.

What you failed to do was account for the duration and number of protesters in the 60's. You completely dropped the ball. And the reason you did that was because you wanted to try and frame these protests as illegitimate compared to the ones you saw -BUT DIDN'T PARTICIPATE IN- during the 60's when you were...what...10 years old?

So by all means, critically think your way out of that rhetorical pickle. I'm all here for it.
    QED. You also habitually use straw man arguments, another failure of Critical Thinking skills on your part.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Sailor (09-24-2020)

6. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Here, maybe this will help: https://collegeinfogeek.com/improve-...inking-skills/
    7 Ways to Improve Your Critical Thinking Skills
    The so-called journalists that we have today are mostly not interested in learning how to think critically....all they are interested in is driving agendas....producing propaganda.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

7. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The so-called journalists that we have today are mostly not interested in learning how to think critically....all they are interested in is driving agendas....producing propaganda.
    Duh. You, dude, not the fucking writers who have editors who have owners who dictate the direction of their business.

8. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Duh. You, dude, not the fucking writers who have editors who have owners who dictate the direction of their business.
    Did you somehow miss that is was activist employees much more than management that wrecked the NYT's for instance?

This is happening all over, in a lot of institutions, it reminds me a lot of how the stewards of the Universities capitulated to the pollical radicals in the 60's and after.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

9. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Did you somehow miss that is was activist employees much more than management that wrecked the NYT's for instance?

This is happening all over, in a lot of institutions, it reminds me a lot of how the stewards of the Universities capitulated to the pollical radicals in the 60's and after.
    Sorry, I don't do conspiracy theories. If you want to claim the employees are running NYT, go for it, but if it was my 1.8 billion-dollar company, I'd want to keep an eye on it.

10. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sorry, I don't do conspiracy theories. If you want to claim the employees are running NYT, go for it, but if it was my 1.8 billion-dollar company, I'd want to keep an eye on it.
    You dont very well pay attention to what is going on around you, that much is clear. It only takes getting to about 5% of the employees being noisy brutal activists to force owners and management to capitulate, and these sorts of drivers of the revolution is exactly the product that the Failed Universities have been pumping out for a good decade and a half.

11. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You dont very well pay attention to what is going on around you, that much is clear. It only takes getting to about 5% of the employees being noisy brutal activists to force owners and management to capitulate, and these sorts of drivers of the revolution is exactly the product that the Failed Universities have been pumping out for a good decade and a half.
    Then you should ignore me.