Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 160

Thread: The News as We Once Knew It Is Dead

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    29,987
    Thanks
    10,605
    Thanked 18,375 Times in 12,692 Posts
    Groans
    23
    Groaned 442 Times in 426 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default The News as We Once Knew It Is Dead

    Article worth a read. By a highly intelligent person. Wonder who will try and refute it on here. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ad_144223.html


    The News as We Once Knew It Is Dead
    By Victor Davis Hanson

    n 2017, the liberal Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy at Harvard University found that 93 percent of CNN's coverage of the Trump administration was negative. The center found similarly negative Trump coverage at other major news outlets.

    The election year 2020 has only accelerated that asymmetrical bias -- to the point that major newspapers and network and cable news organizations are now fused with the Joe Biden campaign.

    Sometimes stories are covered only in terms of political agendas. Take COVID-19.

    The media assure us that the Trump administration's handling of the pandemic has been a disaster. But their conclusions are not supported by any evidence.

    In the United States, the coronavirus death rate per million people is similar to, or lower than, most major European countries except Germany

    When the virus was at its worst, before the partisan campaign of this election year heated up, the governors in our four largest states had only compliments for the Trump administration.

    Democrats Andrew Cuomo of New York and Gavin Newsom of California and Republicans Greg Abbott of Texas and Ron DeSantis of Florida effusively praised the administration's cooperation with their own frontline efforts.

    The most recent conclusions of impartial heads of federal agencies responsible for coordinating national and state policies are about the same.

    Dr. Deborah Birx (adviser to both the Obama and Trump administrations on responses to infectious diseases), Dr. Anthony Fauci (director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases) and Dr. Scott Gottlieb (former head of the Food and Drug Administration) have not faulted the Trump administration's overall COVID-19 response. They attribute any shortcomings to initial global ignorance about the origins and nature of the epidemic, incompetence at the World Health Organization, or the initial inability of bureaucracies to produce easily available and reliable test kits.

    Prominent progressive Trump critics such as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi criticized the necessary Trump travel ban, yet Pelosi told people there was no reason to cancel planned travel to San Francisco's Chinatown.

    However, the real warping of the news is not just a matter of slanting coverage, but deliberately not covering the news at all.

    In the last two weeks, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has achieved the most stunning breakthroughs in Middle Eastern diplomacy in over half a century.

    Countries once hostile to Israel, such as the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, now formally recognize it. Other Arab nations may follow. Ancient existential enemies Kosovo and Serbia also agreed to normalize their relationship with Israel by signing economic agreements.

    Yet none of these historic events have drawn much media attention. All of them would have been canonized were they achievements of the Obama administration.

    In 2017, the media suggested that Trump's plans to get out of the Iran nuclear deal and the Paris climate accord, to confront Chinese mercantilism, to forge new alliances between Israel and moderate Arab regimes, to isolate an ascendant Iran, to close the southern border to illegal immigration, to jawbone NATO alliance members into honoring their defense expenditure commitments, and to destroy ISIS and weaken Hezbollah were all impossible, counterproductive or sheer madness.

    And now?

    An embargoed and bankrupt Iran is teetering on the brink. Its international terrorist appendages, including Hezbollah, are broke.

    China is increasingly being ostracized by much of the world.

    The U.S. has cut its carbon emissions, often at a rate superior to those nations still adhering to the Paris climate accord targets.

    Cross-border illegal immigration has been reduced, according to many metrics.

    ISIS was bombed into near dissolution. Moderate regimes in the Middle East are ascendant; radical cliques like Hamas and al-Qaeda are not.

    More NATO members are meeting their commitments. The alliance's aggregate defense investments are way up.

    Is any of that considered news? Not really.

    Instead, every three or four days the public is fed a series of fantasy "bombshells" much like the daily hysterias of the Robert Mueller investigation into alleged collusion between the Trump team and Russia -- a two-year, media-hyped dud.

    In recent weeks the media warned us that Trump was dismantling the Post Office to disrupt mail-in balloting.

    Trump, we are told, has decided never to concede his sure loss in November and might have to be forcibly removed, perhaps by the military.

    We read that Trump defiled the memory of fallen American soldiers in cemeteries abroad. We are lectured that Trump supposedly never took COVID-19 seriously.

    All of these stories were either demonstrably untrue, were supported only by anonymous sources, or were the sensationalism of authors hawking books.

    Yet such concocted melodramas will continue each week up to Election Day, while fundamental geostrategic shifts abroad brought about by American diplomacy will by intent go unnoticed.

    The news as we once understood it is dead.

    It has been replaced by the un-news: a political narrative created by partisans who believe the noble ends of destroying Trump justify any biased means necessary -- including destroying their own reputation and craft.
    Consider the Oyster.

    C-4 is just angry playdoh.

  2. The Following User Groans At Sailor For This Awful Post:

    Nordberg (09-23-2020)

  3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sailor For This Post:

    Bigdog (09-19-2020), Celticguy (09-19-2020), Darth Omar (09-19-2020), dukkha (09-19-2020), Dutch Uncle (09-19-2020), ExpressLane (09-19-2020), Grajonca (09-19-2020), Hawkeye10 (09-24-2020), PostmodernProphet (09-19-2020), Sirthinksalot (09-22-2020), Stretch (09-19-2020), tinfoil (09-19-2020)

  4. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    4,469
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 90 Times in 82 Posts

    Default

    If you get your news from television, you are not getting the news...

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

    Flash (09-19-2020)

  6. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    36,064
    Thanks
    62,288
    Thanked 26,991 Times in 16,904 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 3,208 Times in 2,977 Posts

    Default

    Fox is no different.

    I preferred the "good old days" where the talking heads related what was going on in the world, and left it up to the viewers what to make of it.

    RWers and Trump cultists have no bones to pick with mainstream media: the MSM are the ones who featured the Toadstool Nuremberg rallies night after night, and gave scant attention to the rest of the candidates. Even after Clinton was nominated, Trump got far more national news air time than she did.

    The writer of this article is right about CNN. We don't watch their broadcasts, but do read their non-political stories on their web site. They have made no bones at all about despising the Toadstool and don't try to hide their bias... hence why I only use it for non-political news stories.
    KAG: Keep America Grieving

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    AProudLefty (09-19-2020), Dutch Uncle (09-19-2020)

  8. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4,318
    Thanks
    311
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 1,390 Posts
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 596 Times in 552 Posts

    Default

    The news is over.

    It's a quaint concept of a bygone era.

  9. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    60,371
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Article worth a read. By a highly intelligent person. Wonder who will try and refute it on here. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ad_144223.html


    The News as We Once Knew It Is Dead
    By Victor Davis Hanson

    n 2017, the liberal Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy at Harvard University found that 93 percent of CNN's coverage of the Trump administration was negative. The center found similarly negative Trump coverage at other major news outlets.

    The election year 2020 has only accelerated that asymmetrical bias -- to the point that major newspapers and network and cable news organizations are now fused with the Joe Biden campaign.

    Sometimes stories are covered only in terms of political agendas. Take COVID-19.

    The media assure us that the Trump administration's handling of the pandemic has been a disaster. But their conclusions are not supported by any evidence.

    In the United States, the coronavirus death rate per million people is similar to, or lower than, most major European countries except Germany

    When the virus was at its worst, before the partisan campaign of this election year heated up, the governors in our four largest states had only compliments for the Trump administration.

    Democrats Andrew Cuomo of New York and Gavin Newsom of California and Republicans Greg Abbott of Texas and Ron DeSantis of Florida effusively praised the administration's cooperation with their own frontline efforts.

    The most recent conclusions of impartial heads of federal agencies responsible for coordinating national and state policies are about the same.

    Dr. Deborah Birx (adviser to both the Obama and Trump administrations on responses to infectious diseases), Dr. Anthony Fauci (director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases) and Dr. Scott Gottlieb (former head of the Food and Drug Administration) have not faulted the Trump administration's overall COVID-19 response. They attribute any shortcomings to initial global ignorance about the origins and nature of the epidemic, incompetence at the World Health Organization, or the initial inability of bureaucracies to produce easily available and reliable test kits.

    Prominent progressive Trump critics such as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi criticized the necessary Trump travel ban, yet Pelosi told people there was no reason to cancel planned travel to San Francisco's Chinatown.

    However, the real warping of the news is not just a matter of slanting coverage, but deliberately not covering the news at all.

    In the last two weeks, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has achieved the most stunning breakthroughs in Middle Eastern diplomacy in over half a century.

    Countries once hostile to Israel, such as the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, now formally recognize it. Other Arab nations may follow. Ancient existential enemies Kosovo and Serbia also agreed to normalize their relationship with Israel by signing economic agreements.

    Yet none of these historic events have drawn much media attention. All of them would have been canonized were they achievements of the Obama administration.

    In 2017, the media suggested that Trump's plans to get out of the Iran nuclear deal and the Paris climate accord, to confront Chinese mercantilism, to forge new alliances between Israel and moderate Arab regimes, to isolate an ascendant Iran, to close the southern border to illegal immigration, to jawbone NATO alliance members into honoring their defense expenditure commitments, and to destroy ISIS and weaken Hezbollah were all impossible, counterproductive or sheer madness.

    And now?

    An embargoed and bankrupt Iran is teetering on the brink. Its international terrorist appendages, including Hezbollah, are broke.

    China is increasingly being ostracized by much of the world.

    The U.S. has cut its carbon emissions, often at a rate superior to those nations still adhering to the Paris climate accord targets.

    Cross-border illegal immigration has been reduced, according to many metrics.

    ISIS was bombed into near dissolution. Moderate regimes in the Middle East are ascendant; radical cliques like Hamas and al-Qaeda are not.

    More NATO members are meeting their commitments. The alliance's aggregate defense investments are way up.

    Is any of that considered news? Not really.

    Instead, every three or four days the public is fed a series of fantasy "bombshells" much like the daily hysterias of the Robert Mueller investigation into alleged collusion between the Trump team and Russia -- a two-year, media-hyped dud.

    In recent weeks the media warned us that Trump was dismantling the Post Office to disrupt mail-in balloting.

    Trump, we are told, has decided never to concede his sure loss in November and might have to be forcibly removed, perhaps by the military.

    We read that Trump defiled the memory of fallen American soldiers in cemeteries abroad. We are lectured that Trump supposedly never took COVID-19 seriously.

    All of these stories were either demonstrably untrue, were supported only by anonymous sources, or were the sensationalism of authors hawking books.

    Yet such concocted melodramas will continue each week up to Election Day, while fundamental geostrategic shifts abroad brought about by American diplomacy will by intent go unnoticed.

    The news as we once understood it is dead.

    It has been replaced by the un-news: a political narrative created by partisans who believe the noble ends of destroying Trump justify any biased means necessary -- including destroying their own reputation and craft.
    Aye, Cap'n.

  10. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    3,719
    Thanks
    3,236
    Thanked 2,255 Times in 1,629 Posts
    Groans
    198
    Groaned 45 Times in 45 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Fox is no different.

    I preferred the "good old days" where the talking heads related what was going on in the world, and left it up to the viewers what to make of it.

    RWers and Trump cultists have no bones to pick with mainstream media: the MSM are the ones who featured the Toadstool Nuremberg rallies night after night, and gave scant attention to the rest of the candidates. Even after Clinton was nominated, Trump got far more national news air time than she did.

    The writer of this article is right about CNN. We don't watch their broadcasts, but do read their non-political stories on their web site. They have made no bones at all about despising the Toadstool and don't try to hide their bias... hence why I only use it for non-political news stories.
    According to the Harvard study quoted in the article Fox was the most balanced of the media outlets they studied.

    https://shorensteincenter.org/news-c...irst-100-days/

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

    Grajonca (09-19-2020)

  12. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    13,937
    Thanks
    1,654
    Thanked 4,909 Times in 3,698 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 286 Times in 271 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    The Fourth Estate grew its cancer in 2000 and died in 2016.
    ERIC CIARAMELLA whose name may not be spoken

  13. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    18,013
    Thanks
    4,801
    Thanked 7,755 Times in 5,912 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 817 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Article worth a read. By a highly intelligent person. Wonder who will try and refute it on here. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ad_144223.html


    The News as We Once Knew It Is Dead
    By Victor Davis Hanson
     


    n 2017, the liberal Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy at Harvard University found that 93 percent of CNN's coverage of the Trump administration was negative. The center found similarly negative Trump coverage at other major news outlets.

    The election year 2020 has only accelerated that asymmetrical bias -- to the point that major newspapers and network and cable news organizations are now fused with the Joe Biden campaign.

    Sometimes stories are covered only in terms of political agendas. Take COVID-19.

    The media assure us that the Trump administration's handling of the pandemic has been a disaster. But their conclusions are not supported by any evidence.

    In the United States, the coronavirus death rate per million people is similar to, or lower than, most major European countries except Germany

    When the virus was at its worst, before the partisan campaign of this election year heated up, the governors in our four largest states had only compliments for the Trump administration.

    Democrats Andrew Cuomo of New York and Gavin Newsom of California and Republicans Greg Abbott of Texas and Ron DeSantis of Florida effusively praised the administration's cooperation with their own frontline efforts.

    The most recent conclusions of impartial heads of federal agencies responsible for coordinating national and state policies are about the same.

    Dr. Deborah Birx (adviser to both the Obama and Trump administrations on responses to infectious diseases), Dr. Anthony Fauci (director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases) and Dr. Scott Gottlieb (former head of the Food and Drug Administration) have not faulted the Trump administration's overall COVID-19 response. They attribute any shortcomings to initial global ignorance about the origins and nature of the epidemic, incompetence at the World Health Organization, or the initial inability of bureaucracies to produce easily available and reliable test kits.

    Prominent progressive Trump critics such as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi criticized the necessary Trump travel ban, yet Pelosi told people there was no reason to cancel planned travel to San Francisco's Chinatown.

    However, the real warping of the news is not just a matter of slanting coverage, but deliberately not covering the news at all.

    In the last two weeks, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has achieved the most stunning breakthroughs in Middle Eastern diplomacy in over half a century.

    Countries once hostile to Israel, such as the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, now formally recognize it. Other Arab nations may follow. Ancient existential enemies Kosovo and Serbia also agreed to normalize their relationship with Israel by signing economic agreements.

    Yet none of these historic events have drawn much media attention. All of them would have been canonized were they achievements of the Obama administration.

    In 2017, the media suggested that Trump's plans to get out of the Iran nuclear deal and the Paris climate accord, to confront Chinese mercantilism, to forge new alliances between Israel and moderate Arab regimes, to isolate an ascendant Iran, to close the southern border to illegal immigration, to jawbone NATO alliance members into honoring their defense expenditure commitments, and to destroy ISIS and weaken Hezbollah were all impossible, counterproductive or sheer madness.

    And now?

    An embargoed and bankrupt Iran is teetering on the brink. Its international terrorist appendages, including Hezbollah, are broke.

    China is increasingly being ostracized by much of the world.

    The U.S. has cut its carbon emissions, often at a rate superior to those nations still adhering to the Paris climate accord targets.

    Cross-border illegal immigration has been reduced, according to many metrics.

    ISIS was bombed into near dissolution. Moderate regimes in the Middle East are ascendant; radical cliques like Hamas and al-Qaeda are not.

    More NATO members are meeting their commitments. The alliance's aggregate defense investments are way up.

    Is any of that considered news? Not really.

    Instead, every three or four days the public is fed a series of fantasy "bombshells" much like the daily hysterias of the Robert Mueller investigation into alleged collusion between the Trump team and Russia -- a two-year, media-hyped dud.

    In recent weeks the media warned us that Trump was dismantling the Post Office to disrupt mail-in balloting.

    Trump, we are told, has decided never to concede his sure loss in November and might have to be forcibly removed, perhaps by the military.

    We read that Trump defiled the memory of fallen American soldiers in cemeteries abroad. We are lectured that Trump supposedly never took COVID-19 seriously.

    All of these stories were either demonstrably untrue, were supported only by anonymous sources, or were the sensationalism of authors hawking books.

    Yet such concocted melodramas will continue each week up to Election Day, while fundamental geostrategic shifts abroad brought about by American diplomacy will by intent go unnoticed.

    The news as we once understood it is dead.

    It has been replaced by the un-news: a political narrative created by partisans who believe the noble ends of destroying Trump justify any biased means necessary -- including destroying their own reputation and craft.
    Hanson, who is a smart and educated guy, but he's as guilty as CNN.

    I'm agreed with him that "news" is biased; it's biased to make money off of viewers through advertising. Intelligent, critically-thinking people can pick out the facts from the bullshit...and there's a lot of bullshit on all the cable news channels, including Fox which Victor neglected to mention in his complaint.

    He also wrote this: "We read that Trump defiled the memory of fallen American soldiers in cemeteries abroad. We are lectured that Trump supposedly never took COVID-19 seriously.

    All of these stories were either demonstrably untrue, were supported only by anonymous sources, or were the sensationalism of authors hawking books
    " which itself is demonstrably untrue as Victor, an author himself hawking books, knows.
    A new consciousness is developing which sees the earth as a single organism and recognizes that an organism at war with itself is doomed. We are one planet..
    - Carl Sagan 1980

  14. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    18,013
    Thanks
    4,801
    Thanked 7,755 Times in 5,912 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 817 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Fox is no different.

    I preferred the "good old days" where the talking heads related what was going on in the world, and left it up to the viewers what to make of it.

    RWers and Trump cultists have no bones to pick with mainstream media: the MSM are the ones who featured the Toadstool Nuremberg rallies night after night, and gave scant attention to the rest of the candidates. Even after Clinton was nominated, Trump got far more national news air time than she did.

    The writer of this article is right about CNN. We don't watch their broadcasts, but do read their non-political stories on their web site. They have made no bones at all about despising the Toadstool and don't try to hide their bias... hence why I only use it for non-political news stories.
    Agreed on Fox. It's all about the money for all the cable news channels. Fox has their niche, CNN has theirs...which they are trying to share with MSNBC and both losing money to Fox. If a fourth news channel which is hard right like Fox grew as large as CNN and MSNBC, it'd probably even everything out.
    A new consciousness is developing which sees the earth as a single organism and recognizes that an organism at war with itself is doomed. We are one planet..
    - Carl Sagan 1980

  15. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    18,013
    Thanks
    4,801
    Thanked 7,755 Times in 5,912 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 817 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    According to the Harvard study quoted in the article Fox was the most balanced of the media outlets they studied.

    https://shorensteincenter.org/news-c...irst-100-days/
    That's not what it says, slick. There's balanced media and then there's "Fox was the only news outlet in the study that came close to giving Trump positive coverage overall, however, there was variation in the tone of Fox’s coverage depending on the topic.

    It's like saying US newspapers are biased against Putin but RT is balanced media because they report more positive things about Putin like Putin fishing, Putin riding bareback and Putin shooting rifles.

    The key, of course, isn't what newspaper, magazine or cable news a person watches, but that the person is able to use critical thinking to analyze the report.
    A new consciousness is developing which sees the earth as a single organism and recognizes that an organism at war with itself is doomed. We are one planet..
    - Carl Sagan 1980

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dutch Uncle For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (09-19-2020)

  17. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    18,013
    Thanks
    4,801
    Thanked 7,755 Times in 5,912 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 817 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    If you get your news from television, you are not getting the news...
    Every hour it's about 5 minutes of news, 10 minutes of commercials and 45 minutes of bullshit opinions. I like a news mix channel which has all the CNN, Fox, MSNBC and BBC in quarters on the screen. It's interesting to see what they choose to cover and what they do not.
    A new consciousness is developing which sees the earth as a single organism and recognizes that an organism at war with itself is doomed. We are one planet..
    - Carl Sagan 1980

  18. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    31,415
    Thanks
    9,907
    Thanked 18,497 Times in 12,713 Posts
    Groans
    222
    Groaned 1,351 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    We read that Trump defiled the memory of fallen American soldiers in cemeteries abroad.
    anonymous lies treated as gospel by Fake News

    We are lectured that Trump supposedly never took COVID-19 seriously.
    travel bans that Biden called "xenophobic racism" is taking COVI seriously

    Countries once hostile to Israel, such as the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, now formally recognize it. Other Arab nations may follow. Ancient existential enemies Kosovo and Serbia also agreed to normalize their relationship with Israel by signing economic agreements.

    Yet none of these historic events have drawn much media attention. All of them would have been canonized were they achievements of the Obama administration.
    the coverage is scant to non-existent and "what about the Palestinians" -crap.

    Kerry was so far afield he said peace without solving the Palestinian was "impossible".
    Kerry is an idiot

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

    Grajonca (09-19-2020), Stretch (09-19-2020)

  20. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    31,415
    Thanks
    9,907
    Thanked 18,497 Times in 12,713 Posts
    Groans
    222
    Groaned 1,351 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    The writer of this article is right about CNN. We don't watch their broadcasts, but do read their non-political stories on their web site. They have made no bones at all about despising the Toadstool and don't try to hide their bias... hence why I only use it for non-political news stories.

  21. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14,313
    Thanks
    3,496
    Thanked 4,761 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Groans
    1,240
    Groaned 487 Times in 445 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    >If you like your narrative, you can keep your narrative
    This would be an opportunity to give thanks for the great contributions of the Black community to our society. Their peaceful and generous nature make them ideal neighbors, lending testimony to their exceptional family values and parenting skills unrivaled by any other culture. Their commitment to academic excellence enriches our schools. Without their industrious and creative drive, we would be poorer as a nation.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tinfoil For This Post:

    dukkha (09-19-2020), Grajonca (09-19-2020)

  23. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    31,415
    Thanks
    9,907
    Thanked 18,497 Times in 12,713 Posts
    Groans
    222
    Groaned 1,351 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    It has been replaced by the un-news: a political narrative created by partisans who believe the noble ends of destroying Trump justify any biased means necessary -- including destroying their own reputation and craft.
    exactly what the NYTimes let out of the bag..

    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/08/b...candidate.html
    If you view a Trump presidency as something that’s potentially dangerous, then your reporting is going to reflect that. You would move closer than you’ve ever been to being oppositional.

Similar Threads

  1. APP - Why Fox News is dead to me
    By I Love America in forum Above Plain Politics Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2018, 10:58 AM
  2. when fox us dead and all citizens get real news
    By evince in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-24-2018, 12:06 PM
  3. 'That's too bad': Trump response to news 10 sailors could be dead is condemned
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2017, 05:44 AM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-02-2017, 04:58 PM
  5. Irony is Dead - Fox News [sic]
    By ib1yysguy in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 09-24-2009, 05:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •