Thread: President Biden Could Immediately Nominate 10 New Justices

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    It's this level of stupidity that is dooming the Republican Party.
    I R O N Y!!!!! The level of stupidity you exhibit on this forum can only be exceeded by Walt.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (09-20-2020)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,310 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hiden View Post
    The President can't just add 10 new Justices.
    The President can nominate 10 new Justices.

Congress can approve them.
    Not the Congress, just the Senate needs to confirm nominees to get them in. Given the games Republicans have been playing, how sure are you that a Democratic majority Senate would not play even more games?

Using your argument, Trump could add 15 now right?
    Good luck with that. I doubt you can get one confirmed before January, but if you want to try getting 15... Good luck. And enjoy the 30 new nominations that Biden would make in January.

Republicans keep forgetting their are repercussions to their actions. Democrats put country before politics, which means Republicans never learn. It is time for Republicans to learn.

4. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    trump would need to get reelected, have Republicans retain a majority of the Senate, and have enough Americans believe that it is in the good of America to continue tearing up the old rules....

Also, only one of his daughters is a lawyer, and he does not like that one much, so I doubt he would nominate her.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Not the Congress, just the Senate needs to confirm nominees to get them in. Given the games Republicans have been playing, how sure are you that a Democratic majority Senate would not play even more games?

Good luck with that. I doubt you can get one confirmed before January, but if you want to try getting 15... Good luck. And enjoy the 30 new nominations that Biden would make in January.

Republicans keep forgetting their are repercussions to their actions. Democrats put country before politics, which means Republicans never learn. It is time for Republicans to learn.

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,310 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    The Constitution allows for Congress to decide on how many Justices sit on the Supreme Court's bench. Article III ...

The Senate is still controlled by Republicans.
    Best guess is that President Biden will have a Democratic controlled Senate. If Republicans don't have to play by conventional rules, why should Democrats?

9. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-19-2020)

10. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Congress has to approve the addition of new judges to a court. That has to happen first. Before ANY President can nominate.

It is funny that you say you demalquedacrats put country above politics but are suggesting a purely naked political act.

You sir are a colossal dumb fuck

11. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.3 For This Post:

12. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,654 Times in 17,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, no, Walter.

Radical Democrats do not put country before politics.

Just look at the riots, looting, burning, assaults and murders in cities controlled by Democrats, Walter.

They refuse to stop the anarchy and even refuse federal help.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

14. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,654 Times in 17,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Best guess is that President Biden will have a Democratic controlled Senate. If Republicans don't have to play by conventional rules, why should Democrats?
    Dementia Joe has not been elected and the Senate is still controlled by Republicans.

After President Trump wins re-election, he can do as he pleases.

15. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

christiefan915 (09-19-2020)

16. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,464 Times in 3,389 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,143 Times in 1,048 Posts

Live by the shredding of Senatorial norms and die by them. The trouble is McConnell already thinks the filibuster is doomed if Democrats win control so why not shoot the works.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to martin For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-19-2020)

18. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,784 Times in 17,238 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

The Dems would not do that. Trump would do it is a heartbeat.

19. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,966 Times in 32,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Joe could nominate ten new justices without Congress acting.......simply because he forgot he appointed the first nine.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

20. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,229 Times in 3,447 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

If dems are in control of the House and the Senate and the presidency they could do it.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

21. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Dems promise to end the filibuster - what "conventional rules" are they following? they make it up as they go

22. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

FDR threatened this but didnt try it.
    There was a reason why.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

23. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Walt,

The Constitution does not say how many Supreme Court Justices there are supposed to be. If Republicans want to ignore tradition, then Democrats can too. A newly elected President Biden could nominate 10 new justices, which would be the majority of the 19 member court.

I am tired of Democrats always respecting the rules while Republicans break them.
    That's the fear of Newt Gingrich. Really, by saying this, he is projecting. He is saying what he would do if he were in their position.

The problem here, of course, is that if each side does this we end up with 127 judges on the SCOTUS. Basically, we make a mockery of it, and the public loses respect for another government institution. We inch one step closer to revolution.

If we did abandon our government and try to start over, what would take it's place?

Do you trust the most powerful people in this country to set up a new government which would be any better than the one we have?

Or should we instead work to preserve and maintain the stability of what was done by our nation's forefathers.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (09-19-2020), Frank Apisa (09-19-2020)