Thread: Lefties attack Trump's scotus pick

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Is it really a surprise to you that the Left attacks Trump and the Republicans supporting a pick just before an election?
    of course not......what is surprising is that any of you think your objections should be taken seriously.......there is no one in the world who believes you wouldn't do the same thing........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Truth Detector (09-23-2020)

3. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,434 Times in 52,456 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    I asked for proof not your opinion but thank you for sharing. You sound ignorant when you use the term trump disese. I have heard leftists say trump has killed people but just like your response here, when asked to provide proof you guys never do. So you say ignorant things and then wonder why people treat you like you're ignorant.
    There is no proof. You can't prove Biden won't win the election or that the Republicans won't lose the Senate.

Trump failed to properly lead the nation through this crisis which is why our infection and fatality rate is higher than other modern nations. Sure, Congress deserves a good portion of the blame too since they spent more time playing politics than doing their job, but Trump is the President. He should have led by example. A point anyone who spent time in the military should realize.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...8cd_story.html
    Israel, Spain and France all fought the novel coronavirus into abatement in the first months of the pandemic with tough measures that won international praise. But the three countries now share a painful distinction: Their infection rates have shot past that of the United States, even though Americans never got the virus under control.

The experience of these three nations demonstrates the difficulty of keeping the virus at bay, experts and officials say, and how reopening too quickly and other missteps can undermine successful national policies. For countries with more chaotic approaches, such as the United States, the challenge may be even greater.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trump has not made a pick but we are objecting to her any way.
    I know, right?.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    .......and I think Mitch will attempt to ram it thru,
    It isn't getting "rammed" through. It is following CONSTITUTIONAL requirements. Dumbass.

.....which will work out for the Democrats,
    No it won't. This is boorish wishful thinking. It will make the Democrats look like triggered hate filled loons AGAIN. Must like looking like a boorish dumbass all the time.

...if you recall, the right said what they saw as the picking on Brett would hurt the Democrats in the upcoming election but in fact insured the House for the Democrats in 2018
    What we saw was Obama picking a SJ in an election without control of the Senate. Democrat's lied and cried. Democrats then acted like hateful wackos during the Kavanaugh hearings.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

6. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Unless Trump dies of Trump disease, his last year of presidency will be 2021.....although there is a slim chance Trump will bail sometime after November 4th if he loses.
    your crystal ball has no balls......

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

8. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Does it kinda remind you of the attacks on Harris seconds after it was announced???

Cast the first stone much???
    LINK dumbass.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

9. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Why would she be accused of being a racist?

10. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There is no proof. You can't prove Biden won't win the election or that the Republicans won't lose the Senate.
    doesn't that simply mean your original argument (that this situation is equal to Obama's last year in office) is worthless?.......

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

12. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Why? Oh, that's right, because you hate the Constitution...

It is Trump's Article II Section II power and duty to appoint SC justices. It says that he SHALL nominate and appoint...
    Wrong. I hate Trump

13. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,434 Times in 52,456 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    doesn't that simply mean your original argument (that this situation is equal to Obama's last year in office) is worthless?.......
    In what way?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

14. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,858 Times in 3,138 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

According to Trump and right wing logic, Trump has no right to make the pick,
    Trump has every right under Article II Section II to make the pick.

They made it all very clear during Garland.
    Article II Section II was followed to the letter during Garland. Obama exercised his power to nominate/appoint Garland and the Senate exercised their advisory/consent power to reject Garland. There is absolutely zero difference between 2016 and 2020 besides the political makeup of the Presidency/Senate.

We should respect the Republican's well thought out positions.
    You do realize that the 2016 republican mantra was based on the BIDEN RULE of 1992, right?? You can blame Biden for coming up with this line of garbage...

No Supreme seat should be considered during a the last year of an administration.
    That is not in the Constitution. That's just political pandering bullshit, and completely irrelevant as far as I am concerned. Presidents are elected to FOUR YEAR terms and their powers are able to be exercised during the ENTIRELY of such terms.

You rights all brayed that for all to hear. They said it, so we assume they meant it. Otherwise we have to believe the arguments during Garland were all lies. But no matter how you slice it, the Repubs are being liars and hypocrites.
    Yes, Republicans did the same political pandering bullshit in 2016 and now such pandering is biting them in the ass as Democrats are attempting to play off of it and do the same pandering bullshit as we speak... However, Constitutionally speaking, Mitch and the Senate had every right to reject Obama's pick in 2016, and likewise have every right to accept Trump's pick in 2020. Article II Section II is VERY clear on this...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

16. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If you define civics as lying and cheating then you have the Repubs down. The Reds lied like hell in the Garland incident. It was just a lesson in lying and hypocrisy. Now they are reversing that. They are lying and cheating about the lies they told last time. The only consistency is lying.
    You are too focused on the political pandering of both major parties rather than what the Constitution says regarding the matter...

The Constitution was followed in 2016 and it is being followed again in 2020...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

18. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

She's a hottie. No doubt you'd like to put her under and grab some of that pussy, eh, Doc?
    Why, after the thousands of times this meme has been debunked, do you morons continue to use it? Is it because you are severely lacking in common sense, IQ and self awareness?

Is it really a surprise to you that the Left attacks Trump and the Republicans supporting a pick just before an election?
    Why do you continue to bloviate asinine strawmen in your attempts to remove any doubt what a whiny, dumb hack you really are? This isn't about attacks. It is about the hatred and lies contained in those attacks. Was ANYTHING they did to Kavanaugh called for? Could be considered honest or decent?

You don't treat Jurists who have many years of history serving their jurisdictions this way. The only reason would be because they are a party bereft of any intelligence, honesty and decency. It should embarrass them, but alas, low IQ simpletons have no self awareness.

19. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Unless Trump dies of Trump disease, his last year of presidency will be 2021.....although there is a slim chance Trump will bail sometime after November 4th if he loses.
    Saved. Take the bet snowflake: https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...to-participate

20. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonsprat22 View Post
    Wrong. I hate Trump
    ... AND the Constitution... You hate both. You also hate this country. Fuck your commie mentality bullshit.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

Evmetro (09-23-2020), Truth Detector (09-23-2020)