Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ginsburg has passed

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SteveG View Post
    Back in 2012, McConnell and the rest of the GOP had the BS argument that it was too close to the presidential election to push through a pick and prevented Obama from naming one..that it was too important right before the election to push one through and thought it wasn't fair to do it.

Well, the shoe is on the other foot now...and we will use the tactics you all used to prevent Trump another SC pick if possible. Turn about is fair play.

And if you don't like it, and you try to force it through like a snowflake-hypocrite...then you all don't get to take the moral high ground on anything. You don't get to complain about anything being unfair or being rigged or God or morality or anything like that.
    The shoe is not on the other foot dumb ass

Back then opposing party’s held the Senate and White House. Not the case now. If Dems controlled the Senate then the shoe would be on the other foot

Don’t worry you have Murcuntski, Collins and Romney to save you

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canceled.2021.3 For This Post:

Bigdog (09-19-2020), Earl (09-19-2020)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    Dems have been saying they are going to get rid of the fillibuster if they get the majority

Biden signals openness to eliminating Senate filibuster
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ibuster-360587

considering such, there is no reason to stand on any traditions/limitations, as the Dems promised to just ramrod their way as it is thru the Senate
    That’s actually a good point.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Bigdog (09-19-2020)

5. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    That’s actually a good point.
    I bet those fuckers wished they had never started fucking around when it came to Bork

Play stupid games get stupid prizes

6. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hiden View Post
    I bet those fuckers wished they had never started fucking around when it came to Bork

Play stupid games get stupid prizes
    You are so optimistic when it comes to the intelligence of the Left!
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

7. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Biden is already pandering "there will be a black woman" on SCOTUS if he's nominated.
    Not a list like Trump released , and nary a comment on Judicial Temperament required for such nomination

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Then it would be easy for you to prove...

YOU ARE A LIAR!!! I will always remember that about you.
    prove what?......that 46 years ago I had to be fingerprinted and submit information and references for an FBI background check before I graduated?..........I could care less what some fuckwitted lib'rul thinks about my veracity......I have never lied here.......there is no need to.......if you don't believe me, ask Jarot and MiccieB.......they claim to be lawyers.......if they really are they went through the same thing.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    My karma hurts... this made me laugh.
    lol..I put aside my karma when posting..more fun that way

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,769 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTALITOPS View Post
    My dreams have come true. I’m speechless
    Seek help

11. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-19-2020)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-19-2020)

13. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Crocodile,

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    They will pull what McConnell and Republicans did. Being in the midst of a pandemic will give them twice the reasoning. If democrats act as childish as they did things will linger like most things that go through congress. Another thing is the current unrest in the nation. Ruth was one of the greatest modern day champions for the issues at hand. Having Trump replace her in all these circumstances would be mad. As a Christian I see the shadow of the devil around with all these things happening to ignite more fires while the others don't have time to settle. You may have untold conflict modern America has never seen.
    That's not enough to stop McConnell. He has no conscience, no pride.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-19-2020)

15. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,025 Times in 8,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    that 46 years ago I had to be fingerprinted and submit information and references for an FBI background check before I graduated?
    You are either lying or very mixed up. I really am going to have trouble ever believing you are a lawyer.

You certainly do not need FBI approval to graduate. Graduating from law school is a completely different process from admission to the bar. Usually, but not always, you have to go to law school to even be allowed to take the bar, but graduating from a law school requires no character check. The investigation for a character for admission to the bar is done by the state bar, or the NCBEX.

You see bars are state level organizations, not federal. I would explain this in more detail, but I doubt you could understand.

16. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-19-2020)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-19-2020)

18. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Jarod,

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Trump has made enemies with at least three Republicans. I don’t think Romney Murkowski and Collins will allow a vote until after the election.
    It would actually be in Trump's favor to wait. That way, he lures the anti-abortionist voters to the polls. If he goes ahead then they have less reason to come out. The thing they sought would already be done. They would no longer need him.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

19. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-19-2020)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-19-2020)

21. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Jarod,

It would actually be in Trump's favor to wait. That way, he lures the anti-abortionist voters to the polls. If he goes ahead then they have less reason to come out. The thing they sought would already be done. They would no longer need him.
    So, Snowflake, the death of a human being is reduced to petty politics.

Now I understand why you cheered the economic loss for millions of Americans and their families caused by the virus from China that China failed to contain.

You are devoid of empathy for your fellow human beings,

22. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

christiefan915 (09-19-2020)

23. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Crocodile,

That's not enough to stop McConnell. He has no conscience, no pride.
    Being the leader of a pride of corruption because it's thought he has nothing to lose, only means something if everyone in that pride is in the same boat. Many Republicans have already surrendered to damage control and won't risk tooth and nail for Trump. They already told Trump to fuck off with COVID relief.

24. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    You are either lying or very mixed up. I really am going to have trouble ever believing you are a lawyer.

You certainly do not need FBI approval to graduate. Graduating from law school is a completely different process from admission to the bar. Usually, but not always, you have to go to law school to even be allowed to take the bar, but graduating from a law school requires no character check. The investigation for a character for admission to the bar is done by the state bar, or the NCBEX.

You see bars are state level organizations, not federal. I would explain this in more detail, but I doubt you could understand.
    it's interesting.......you bounce like a basketball, are filled with as much air, but you're not quite as smart.......I can still dribble you though.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

25. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,025 Times in 8,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    it's interesting.......you bounce like a basketball, are filled with as much air, but you're not quite as smart.......I can still dribble you though.......
    The FBI does not have approval before you are sworn in as a lawyer. At best you are very confused, but I really have to question whether you really are a lawyer. You cannot name a state which you were admitted to the bar in, and did not seem to know that it is on a state by state basis.

I am not a lawyer, and have no legal expertise, but I can easily catch your lies. What does that say about you?

If you ever tried this bullshit in a real court of law, you would end up in jail so quickly that your head would spin.