Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,020 Times in 8,278 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    LOL. The left that said that months before an election is good enough will now say that it isn't...
    We are talking about the difference between leaving a seat open for a year, and not leaving a seat open at all. We are talking about the difference between the Senate conformation in normal sessions, and trying to get a Senate conformation literally in the middle of an election.

There was no reason to not give Obama's nominee a vote, there was more than enough time to do so. They even had the conformation hearings in their spare time.

There is no way to get enough time to have conformation hearings for trump's nominee. With Senators running for reelection, you would have to call them all back for weeks. They would literally be working on election day. I doubt the Republicans will even support that.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    she doesn't have that long

she is on her last legs

See I told you people back in July when they announced she had cancer in her liver. That meant brain, lung and bone.

I told you people. Never fucking doubt me

3. The Following User Groans At canceled.2021.3 For This Awful Post:

christiefan915 (09-18-2020)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    So a fox news contributer was just on Tucker saying that the R's should move on this....they have the Constitutional right so fuck it...do it.

I was all "What are you smoking, surely the Swamp will have no trouble getting enough R votes in the Senate to kill that idea".
    'Warp Speed' ... will take on a new meaning.

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Belated Ginsburg cancer disclosure renews focus on SCOTUS transparency
    With the court sharply divided on many pivotal issues, a health crisis on the part of one justice has the potential to upend Washington.

The details accompanying the May announcement, however, offered considerable reassurance that no shift in the makeup of the often-polarized court was imminent. While any trip to the hospital by an 87-year-old is cause for concern, according to the court’s news release, the problem was a minor one: The court’s much-celebrated liberal trailblazer had a gallstone.

Only months earlier, Ginsburg had declared herself "cancer free," and the court's statement emphasized that Ginsburg’s gallbladder condition was “benign” and the treatment she faced was “non-surgical.”

On Friday, however, Ginsburg confirmed that the May statement did more to obscure the truth about her health than to illuminate it.

It turns out that in February, the justice got word that a regular “scan” found lesions on her liver. A biopsy appears to have confirmed that the growths were malignant cancer, as Ginsburg says she embarked on immunotherapy and then chemotherapy when the first treatment “proved unsuccessful.”
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...parency-370570
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Ladies and gentleman,.....your next Supreme court justice. Hint....it aint strzok...LOL

I want Barrett

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canceled.2021.3 For This Post:

Grokmaster (09-18-2020), Stone (09-18-2020)

8. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,090 Times in 25,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hiden View Post
    See I told you people back in July when they announced she had cancer in her liver. That meant brain, lung and bone.

I told you people. Never fucking doubt me
    Drop dead, pig.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

9. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Jack (09-18-2020)

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Supreme Court Has a Transparency Problem
    Chief Justice John Roberts was hospitalized following a fall last month. That we are just learning about that fact now is a serious problem.

Late Tuesday night, the Washington Post reported that in late June—so just a couple of weeks ago—

Chief Justice John Roberts “suffered a fall at a Maryland country club” and hit his head severely enough he required an overnight hospital stay. Neither Roberts nor the Court had publicly disclosed the chief’s fall or hospitalization, and only confirmed the news after reporters from the Post started asking questions following a tip. All of this seems … not great.

I will not speculate on Roberts’ health, and I wish him well. I hope he’s OK. But this lack of transparency by the chief justice and the Court is not only a bad look in a democracy, it’s also a fundamental abuse of power when so many critical issues hang in the balance, to be decided by the whim of Roberts’ vote
    https://rewire.news/article/2020/07/...rency-problem/
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

11. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,734 Times in 14,330 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Surely the Dems think Trump should replace her now. I mean they wanted Obama to replace Scalia before election.
    In February.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

12. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

Trump should just decree on his royal authority who the next justice is going to be. Fuck hearings. Just say thats who its gonna be and THATS THAT!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Jack (09-18-2020)

14. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,734 Times in 14,330 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trump's Brain View Post
    You know they can't stop it. What's going to be really interesting is watching McConnell flip flop on his, "you can't fill a SCOTUS position in an election year" bullshit You know the trumpublicans are going to do it.

Damn, Ruth! Sure wish you coulda held on a few more months RIP, Madame Justice!
    This is troubling. McConnell might keep mum until after the election. If he makes any noise before November, it might cost him his seat.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

15. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Well, this will refocus the election, eh?
    Does it matter? It's just another rubber stamp for the State to do what it wanted to do in the first place. I just want to mock the dead.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

16. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,090 Times in 25,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

"Antonin Scalia suffered from coronary artery disease, obesity and diabetes, among other ailments that probably contributed to the justice's sudden death, according to a letter from the Supreme Court's doctor...

Ponton had a copy of a letter from Rear Adm. Brian P. Monahan, the attending physician for members of Congress and the Supreme Court. The letter was to county Judge Cinderela Guevara, who conducted a death inquiry by phone and certified Scalia's death.

In the letter, Monahan listed more than a half-dozen ailments, including sleep apnea, degenerative joint disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and high blood pressure. Scalia also was a smoker, the letter said..."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sca...ealth-problems

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

17. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Trump should just decree on his royal authority who the next justice is going to be. Fuck hearings. Just say thats who its gonna be and THATS THAT!
    Really. Why not just an Executive Order.

18. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    'Warp Speed' ... will take on a new meaning.
    The Swamp will not allow it, and they are plenty strong enough to stop it, it is not an option.

19. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by /MSG/ View Post
    Does it matter? It's just another rubber stamp for the State to do what it wanted to do in the first place. I just want to mock the dead.
    (shaking head)