1. #241 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Misogyny is close enough to become hatred:

mi·sog·y·ny /məˈsäjənē/
    noun dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women.
    "she felt she was struggling against thinly disguised misogyny"

Certainly any group of people have their haters and assholes, but why do you think "a lot" of feminists hate gays? Why do you think feminists hate men groups? Don't they have their own women-only groups?
    Because many feminists don't like the fact that they can't control gay men. They don't have anything that gay men want. I wouldn't say all feminists hate men's groups but many do. As to why that is I would figure it's because women don't have a place in them.

I don't know that there's too many gay men that hate women they're just not interested in them sexually.

2. #242 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,649 Times in 51,930 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arks&sparka View Post
    Because many feminists don't like the fact that they can't control gay men. They don't have anything that gay men want. I wouldn't say all feminists hate men's groups but many do. As to why that is I would figure it's because women don't have a place in them.

I don't know that there's too many gay men that hate women they're just not interested in them sexually.
    How do you know all of this? From Rush Limbaugh? An ex?

What does "place in it" have to do with anything? This nation has 328M people in it and about 327.999800M don't have a place in my life. That's doesn't make me a hater. It just means I'm minding my own business.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. #243 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    There are honorable Republicans who will hopefully hold McConnell to his claim that a new judge should not be appointed in an election year.
    That's was Biden's claim in 1992 when GHW Bush had a vacancy to appoint. When he was VP for the black BOY, he ran from that standard quicker than a black from a paternity test.

4. #244 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How do you know all of this? From Rush Limbaugh? An ex?
    I'm a gay man. Mostly from living.
    What does "place in it" have to do with anything?
    The lack there of pisses off feminists.
    This nation has 328M people in it and about 327.999800M don't have a place in my life.
    Activist groups have a tendency to attract Karens.
    That's doesn't make me a hater. It just means I'm minding my own business.
    Just because you aren't a busybody doesn't mean nobody is.

5. #245 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The lack there of pisses off feminists. Activist groups have a tendency to attract Karens. Just because you aren't a busybody doesn't mean nobody is.
    Maybe it's who you hang around. Most of the guys I associate with know for a fact that most passengers:
    1) have more money than brains.
    2) often check their brains with their luggage.
    3) don't know shit about flying but think they do.

6. #246 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Maybe it's who you hang around. Most of the guys I associate with know for a fact that most passengers:
    Passengers?

I guess I don't understand the reference.

7. #247 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The lack there of pisses off feminists. Activist groups have a tendency to attract Karens. Just because you aren't a busybody doesn't mean nobody is.
    Passengers?

I guess I don't understand the reference.
    Sorry, I should have been clearer with my analogy.

Here's another one. Police see the seamier side of life. They are rarely, if ever, called to tea at the Governor's house. Instead, they are called to break up fights in bars, domestic disputes in the trailer park or government housing unit and investigate the shooting of a liquor store owner or convenience store clerk during a $100 robbery. As a result, they tend to see the whole world as being full of poorly educated, low IQ lowlifes. That's not true, of course. Not even close, but it's what they see all the time because that's the world they live in as a matter of consequences of their chosen lifestyle. In short, it's who they hang with that colors their world.

Although people don't choose their skin tone or sexual preferences, they certainly choose who they hang with and those choices color their world view.

Your negative views of feminists are stereotypes since a feminist is simply anyone who advocate's women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes. That's very American and no different than advocating gay rights, civil rights, gun rights, etc.

Your characterization of feminists as Karens is pure bigotry. Advocates of rights include all Americans, including yourself, who advocate equality of treatment under the Constitution. Blasting someone for advocating rights for a group other than your own is bigoted. Disagreeing with the actions of a person or a local group is perfectly normal. It's a mistake to assume it applies to the other 328M Americans in the nation.

Agreed some people are busybodies. It doesn't matter if they are gay, straight, black, white, male, female or anything else. Some people are assholes, but most are not. I use the "10% Rule", but it's really closer to less than 5% in my experience. Obviously forums such as this have a higher percentage.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Althea (09-20-2020)

9. #248 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sorry, I should have been clearer with my analogy.

Here's another one. Police see the seamier side of life. They are rarely, if ever, called to tea at the Governor's house. Instead, they are called to break up fights in bars, domestic disputes in the trailer park or government housing unit and investigate the shooting of a liquor store owner or convenience store clerk during a $100 robbery. As a result, they tend to see the whole world as being full of poorly educated, low IQ lowlifes. That's not true, of course. Not even close, but it's what they see all the time because that's the world they live in as a matter of consequences of their chosen lifestyle. In short, it's who they hang with that colors their world.

Although people don't choose their skin tone or sexual preferences, they certainly choose who they hang with and those choices color their world view.

Your negative views of feminists are stereotypes since a feminist is simply anyone who advocate's women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes. That's very American and no different than advocating gay rights, civil rights, gun rights, etc.

Your characterization of feminists as Karens is pure bigotry. Advocates of rights include all Americans, including yourself, who advocate equality of treatment under the Constitution. Blasting someone for advocating rights for a group other than your own is bigoted. Disagreeing with the actions of a person or a local group is perfectly normal. It's a mistake to assume it applies to the other 328M Americans in the nation.

Agreed some people are busybodies. It doesn't matter if they are gay, straight, black, white, male, female or anything else. Some people are assholes, but most are not. I use the "10% Rule", but it's really closer to less than 5% in my experience. Obviously forums such as this have a higher percentage.
    That wasn't blasting someone for advocating for rights that was blasting someone for attacking group on the basis that they're not part of that group. It's terms like busybody and Karen.

10. #249 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That wasn't blasting someone for advocating for rights that was blasting someone for attacking group on the basis that they're not part of that group. It's terms like busybody and Karen.
    You're losing me, dude. Now I have no idea WTF you are trying to say.
    Martin Luther King put it very well when he said "Hate begets hate; violence begets violence; toughness begets a greater toughness. We must meet the forces of hate with the power of love."

11. #250 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You're losing me, dude. Now I have no idea WTF you are trying to say.
    Feminists don't advocate for rights. They complain about manspreading and micro aggressions. That is why you are having difficulties. You're thinking about the suffrage movement. Not current times.
    Martin Luther King put it very well when he said "Hate begets hate; violence begets violence; toughness begets a greater toughness. We must meet the forces of hate with the power of love."
    Yeah he was advocating against modern day feminists.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Arks&sparka For This Post:

Grokmaster (09-20-2020)

13. #251 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Feminists don't advocate for rights. They complain about manspreading and micro aggressions. That is why you are having difficulties. You're thinking about the suffrage movement. Not current times.

Yeah he was advocating against modern day feminists.
    Disagreed. I've heard a few preach the bullshit you are complaining about but most only want equal treatment and opportunity for everyone.

Dude, you are headed the wrong way. Eventually you will realize it and have to backtrack before finding the right way. Anger and hate won't find you the happiness you desire.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Althea (09-20-2020)

15. #252 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

16. #253 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Disagreed. I've heard a few preach the bullshit you are complaining about but most only want equal treatment and opportunity for everyone.
    women have equal treatment so feminism is pointless it's fighting for something that has already happened.

That's why they invent new things to get upset about they are useless now.
    Dude, you are headed the wrong way. Eventually you will realize it and have to backtrack before finding the right way. Anger and hate won't find you the happiness you desire.
    Thanks for the unnecessary advice but I don't have any hatred or anger and I know myself better than you do.

17. #254 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

women have equal treatment so feminism is pointless it's fighting for something that has already happened.

That's why they invent new things to get upset about they are useless now.

Thanks for the unnecessary advice but I don't have any hatred or anger and I know myself better than you do.
    Great. Same for gays. Life is wonderful.

The Emperor thought he was clothed and you think you don't have any hatred or anger towards women in general and "feminism" in particular. LOL

18. #255 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    I am learning serious facts from Ardsparks, here.

Learning what? That he's a gay with his head up his own ass or that he hates women?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Minister of Truth (09-20-2020)