Thread: New revelations reinforce concerns that Trump's political motives are a higher priori

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,616 Times in 9,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default New revelations reinforce concerns that Trump's political motives are a higher priori

New revelations reinforce concerns that Trump's political motives are a higher priority than Americans' health

Washington (CNN) A series of new revelations about the federal government's coronavirus response could reinforce concerns about whether the Trump administration's political motives were a higher priority than the health of Americans.

The New York Times reported Thursday that a US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendation narrowing the scope of who should get tested for coronavirus was not written by CDC scientists, but "dropped" into the CDC's public-facing website by the Department of Health and Human Services.

And The Washington Post recently revealed that this past spring, the US Postal Service and HHS were working on a plan to send masks to heavily infected areas and eventually nationwide. But the idea was reportedly nixed by the White House out of concern receiving masks could cause panic.

The new reports suggest President Donald Trump's comments to journalist Bob Woodward in the early stages of the pandemic in the US trickled down to the different agencies responsible to the federal government's coronavirus response -- that despite knowing the coronavirus was "deadly stuff," Trump "wanted to always play it down."

Whether it was purposeful or not, in both stories, agencies appeared to opt for more Trump-friendly strategies downplaying the urgency of the pandemic.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/18/polit...hhs/index.html

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-18-2020), PoliTalker (09-18-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
    February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”
    February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
    February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
    February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
    February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
    February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”
    February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
    February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
    February 28: “Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus, you know that, right? Coronavirus, they’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good, not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa.” “They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax.”

February 29 “So far, we have lost nobody to corona virus in the United States.”
    March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”
    March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”
    March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”
    March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”
    March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
    March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
    March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”
    March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
    March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”
    March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”
    March 9: “This blindsided the world.”
    March 9: "The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant.”
    March 10: "It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away."
    March 13: National Emergency Declaration
    March 13: “I don't take responsibility at all”
    March 15: "TODAY IS A NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER. GOD BLESS EVERYONE!"
    March 16: "I give myself a 10 out of 10"
    March 19: "Nobody knew there would be a pandemic or epidemic of this proportion.”
    March 23: “We’ve never controlled the country before and we’ve had some flus and some viruses. I think it’s absolutely possible. We have to get our country back to work. Our country wants to go back to work.”
    March 25: US cases - 61K, deaths – 3400, New cases in 24hrs – 6K, unresolved cases - 59K
    March 26: “It’s a lot of jobs. I think we’ll come back very strong. The sooner we get back to work, you know, every day that we stay out it gets harder to bring it back quickly.”

We are not 'back.'

It is not 'just fine.'

There has been no 'quick recovery.'

Basically, the above damning quotes all paint a picture of a man who was downplaying a deadly virus.

Now we have 200K dead and he's responsible for the mismanagement.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

I give him a 10 out of 10 for World's Greatest Con Man.

Amazing he actually gets people to swallow his BS.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-18-2020)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

The stupid is strong on this thread.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    The stupid is strong on this thread.
    Popeye, if the stupid are strong on this thread, then you are the strongest.
    Lock Him Up

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-18-2020)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,241 Times in 6,872 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

If Trump hadn't normalized the outrageous, this would be bigger than ANY scandal we've had in modern times - Iran-Contra, Monica, whatever. It would be headlines for weeks & investigations.

This is corrupt.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-18-2020)