Thread: 25 Climate Change Deaths In California

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default 25 Climate Change Deaths In California

California is up to 25 deaths from the Human-Caused Climate Change Wildfires.

"A new analysis published this week by the National Bureau of Economic Research suggests that, if left unchecked, climate change could drive temperatures up to the point where they would lead to 85 deaths per 100,000 people globally per year by the end of the century. That’s more than are currently killed by all infectious diseases across the globe."

Time: Climate Change Could Cause More Annual Deaths Than Infectious Disease by 2100
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (09-21-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,781 Times in 3,068 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    "Climate Change", an undefined buzzword, cannot cause fires, moron...

At least some of those fires have been directly linked to arson... Arson is not "climate change", moron.

Some fires start naturally (lightning strikes, dew)
    Some fires start accidentally (campfire getting out of control)
    Some fires start purposefully (arson)

None of those things are "climate change".

"A new analysis published this week by the National Bureau of Economic Research suggests that, if left unchecked, climate change could drive temperatures up to the point where they would lead to 85 deaths per 100,000 people globally per year by the end of the century. That’s more than are currently killed by all infectious diseases across the globe."

Time: Climate Change Could Cause More Annual Deaths Than Infectious Disease by 2100
    An undefined buzzword cannot cause deaths, moron...

How fucking stupid do people have to be to actually believe this sort of garbage...??

EDIT: How can "climate change" cause more deaths than infectious disease by 2100 IF WE ONLY HAVE TWELVE (or less) YEARS OF EXISTENCE LEFT?? "Climate Change" is going to end the world in twelve years if we don't immediately take action, REMEMBER??
    Last edited by gfm7175; 09-18-2020 at 10:29 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

anonymoose (09-18-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

If left unchecked it "could" happen this way... Or it "could" make more food and save thousands... using the "could" method of "science" where speculation is treated as something that has happened in the misleading title of this thread I can generate pretty much anything!

If left unchecked it "could" draw aliens from Alpha Centuari to fix all our woes...

If left unchecked it "could" reteach us all Latin and the one world language would align the planets and Bill and Ted would write their song that unites all Humanity in Peace and Love due to Wyld Stallyons Music!
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

leaningright (09-19-2020), PoliTalker (09-18-2020)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Damocles,

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    If left unchecked it "could" happen this way... Or it "could" make more food and save thousands... using the "could" method of "science" where speculation is treated as something that has happened in the misleading title of this thread I can generate pretty much anything!

If left unchecked it "could" draw aliens from Alpha Centuari to fix all our woes...

If left unchecked it "could" reteach us all Latin and the one world language would align the planets and Bill and Ted would write their song that unites all Humanity in Peace and Love due to Wyld Stallyons Music!

That was good.

But none of those is contained in working scientific paper extrapolations based on data of current observable trends.

Guilty as charged on the misleading title. It is my own contention that the 25 deaths in the California Wildfires are actually Climate Change Deaths. That is not supported in the link.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

... deleted Mantras 36d, 22h, 22b
    No valid argumentation presented.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    "Climate Change", an undefined buzzword, cannot cause fires, moron...

At least some of those fires have been directly linked to arson... Arson is not "climate change", moron.

Some fires start naturally (lightning strikes, dew)
    Some fires start accidentally (campfire getting out of control)
    Some fires start purposefully (arson)

None of those things are "climate change".

An undefined buzzword cannot cause deaths, moron...

How fucking stupid do people have to be to actually believe this sort of garbage...??

I don’t believe the argument is that it caused the fires, rather, led to the easy spread of the fires

10. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-18-2020)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Warming and drought create conditions where wildfires can rage.

The wildfires in recent years have burned more acreage and spread faster than normal.

Some of the fires have even created their own weather.

Here's a video of a 'firenado.'

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-18-2020)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,774 Times in 33,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Warming and drought create conditions where wildfires can rage.

The wildfires in recent years have burned more acreage and spread faster than normal.

Some of the fires have even created their own weather. Reported Post by guno

Here's a video of a 'firenado.'

It’s so destructive, but also beautiful.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-18-2020)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    I don’t believe the argument is that it caused the fires, rather, led to the easy spread of the fires
    ... and that argument would be wrong as well... What has led to the easy spread of the fires is the SOTC's unwillingness to manage their forests (leaving dry brush as fuel for out of control fires) and their unwillingness to have adequate firebreaks. It's almost as if Dems in the SOTC want it to burn down...

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,937 Times in 13,200 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

That has got to be the most idiotic thing I've read in at least months. Gorebal Warming didn't kill them. The fire, most likely set by arsonists or human activity killed them.

https://cei.org/blog/wrong-again-50-...ic-predictions
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/michael.../#6f50d42012d6
    https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/t...acularly-wrong

I could go to a psychotic... err... psychic and get better predictions than the Gorebal Warming crowd have made. At least a psychic would come close to 50 - 50 on their guesses.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

gfm7175 (09-18-2020)

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    That has got to be the most idiotic thing I've read in at least months. Gorebal Warming didn't kill them. The fire, most likely set by arsonists or human activity killed them.

I could go to a psychotic... err... psychic and get better predictions than the Gorebal Warming crowd have made. At least a psychic would come close to 50 - 50 on their guesses.
    Human actions like the pyrotecnic gender reveal already known to have started a huge one in northern cali.
    Global warming has zero to do with it.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Human actions like the pyrotecnic gender reveal already known to have started a huge one in northern cali.
    Global warming has zero to do with it.
    You spelled Gorebal Warming wrong. Gorebal Warming is the insane religion of climate change led by their High Priest AlGore (one word) who is looking for Manbearpig diligently to stop it. He's serial, err, cereal, or something about it too!

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

I choose to believe that these things are linked:

1. Humans burning fossil fuels for over a 100 years.

2. Increased CO2.

3. Heat waves, more drought and fires.

4. Reports of polar ice melting at greater rates.

5. Increased glacier melt.

6. Sea level rise.

7. Increased Carbonic Acid levels in the oceans, loss of reef systems.

8. Increased number and intensity of hurricanes.

9. Most major scientists telling us this is human-caused Climate Change.

10. Deaths in the West Coast Wildfires.

21. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (09-21-2020)

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello T. A. Gardner,

I choose to believe that these things are linked:

1. Humans burning fossil fuels for over a 100 years.
    Try for over 200 years. Coal burning for heat started as early as the 15th century and widespread use occurred by the beginning of the 19th Century.

2. Increased CO2.
    A bit more of nothing is still nothing. The percentage in the Earth's atmosphere is less than 1% CO2-- well less than one-percent.

3. Heat waves, more drought and fires.
    Correlation doesn't mean causation necessarily

4. Reports of polar ice melting at greater rates.
    Same thing.

5. Increased glacier melt.
    In some places. In others glaciers are growing.

6. Sea level rise.
    Has been about 2 to 3 mm per year. That's really nothing.

7. Increased Carbonic Acid levels in the oceans, loss of reef systems.
    Again, linking this to anthropomorphic causes is tenuous at best.

8. Increased number and intensity of hurricanes.
    This hasn't happened. The number of these has remained relatively constant over longer periods including the present.

9. Most major scientists telling us this is human-caused Climate Change.
    They also told us that if we stopped using CFC's the hole in the ozone layer at the South Pole would disappear. We did, and it's now well past their predication of closure date but the hole's still there...
    Just remember...
    Plate tectonics was discovered in the 1950's
    The Van Allen belt was discovered in the late 50's
    We didn't know what the bottom of the oceans looked like in the 1940's

What we don't know is a vast amount of stuff. What we do know isn't and much of it is of recent orgin.

10. Deaths in the West Coast Wildfires.
    Not due to Gorebal Warming. Due to fires coming to where people are.

By the way, ponder this:

The Gorebal Warming crowd tells us this warming started in earnest in the 1950's or 60's and has accelerated. Aircraft produced contrails started occurring in the 1940's and have expanded to where they create a near permanent haze over most of the Northern Hemisphere year round now. Water is a much better greenhouse gas than CO2. The albedo of the planet changed with increased cloud cover. Cloud cover acts as a much better insulator trapping heat longer than CO2 does.

Fixing this would require simple and cheap changes to air travel, but it wouldn't aid a political agenda based on Gorebal Warming...

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

You spelled Gorebal Warming wrong. Gorebal Warming is the insane religion of climate change led by their High Priest AlGore (one word) who is looking for Manbearpig diligently to stop it. He's serial, err, cereal, or something about it too!
    I have failed, sorry.
    May Manbearpig explode on me.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.