Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We are paying Trump to play golf even when he isn’t playing golf

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,219 Times in 13,952 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,053 Times in 2,848 Posts

Default We are paying Trump to play golf even when he isn’t playing golf

“Trump's Bedminster golf club charged taxpayers $1.1M for Secret Service even while closed during pandemic“

“President Trump's luxury properties have charged the U.S. government more than $1.1 million since he took office – billing taxpayers for room rentals at his Bedminster, N.J., golf club this spring while it was closed due to coronavirus, a new document show.“

“Trump, himself, never visited the club while it was closed”

“The Bedminster property charged the Secret Service $17,000 a month to rent a three-bedroom cottage near Trump's own villa. The rate -- which comes to about $567 a night -- is unusually high, according to a scan of similar real estate listings in the area. Last year, Trump's son Eric Trump told Yahoo Finance that the Trump Organization was charging the government nominal fees -- "like 50 bucks" per room.“

“The Secret Service paid to stay in Bedminster for more than 200 days when Trump was not even on the property. A similar trend took place at Trump's Mar-a-Lago Club in Florida.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...lub-was-closed

And that million only includes New Jersey, not his golf junkets to Florida. Trump is personally profiting hand over fist at taxpayers expense being President

But, but, but he donates his salary

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-18-2020), PoliTalker (09-18-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,315 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    “Trump's Bedminster golf club charged taxpayers $1.1M for Secret Service even while closed during pandemic“

“President Trump's luxury properties have charged the U.S. government more than $1.1 million since he took office – billing taxpayers for room rentals at his Bedminster, N.J., golf club this spring while it was closed due to coronavirus, a new document show.“

“The Bedminster property charged the Secret Service $17,000 a month to rent a three-bedroom cottage near Trump's own villa. The rate -- which comes to about $567 a night -- is unusually high, according to a scan of similar real estate listings in the area. Last year, Trump's son Eric Trump told Yahoo Finance that the Trump Organization was charging the government nominal fees -- "like 50 bucks" per room.“

“The Secret Service paid to stay in Bedminster for more than 200 days when Trump was not even on the property. A similar trend took place at Trump's Mar-a-Lago Club in Florida.”

And that million only includes New Jersey, not his golf junkets to Florida. Trump is personally profiting hand over fist at taxpayers expense being President

So trump is not paying rent to the government, but is demanding rent from the government? Not very honest.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-18-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    So trump is not paying rent to the government, but is demanding rent from the government? Not very honest.
    He’s cleaning up, just like with his taxes, in MAGA, as he said, him getting over “shows I’m smart”

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,043 Times in 8,403 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

We're also paying Jimmy Carter and Hussein Obama for doing absolutely nothing.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    We're also paying Jimmy Carter and Hussein Obama for doing absolutely nothing.
    Sources please

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,143 Times in 33,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    But, but, but, he donates his salary...

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sources please
    MSN News 7/29/2020 What Beneftis Do Presidents Receive After They Leave Office

"According to the Former Presidents Act which, was passed in 1958, ex-presidents are entitled to a handful of benefits following their presidency including a pension, and funds for travel, office space and office staff."

"The Secretary of the Treasury currently pays a liftime annual pension of just north of $200,000 to Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, George W Bush and Barack Obama."

Asshole

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

MSN News 7/29/2020 What Beneftis Do Presidents Receive After They Leave Office

"According to the Former Presidents Act which, was passed in 1958, ex-presidents are entitled to a handful of benefits following their presidency including a pension, and funds for travel, office space and office staff."

"The Secretary of the Treasury currently pays a liftime annual pension of just north of $200,000 to Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, George W Bush and Barack Obama."

Asshole
    Ah, we pay ever living past President, just like we pay Trump a salary, but those Presidents when they were President didn’t looked to make a buck, to personally profit off of, being President, all at the expense of the American taxpayer

And I told you, the personal crapola only makes you look small, as if anonymous vehicle gave you an outlet for a Napoleon complex

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-18-2020), Phantasmal (09-18-2020)

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ah, we pay ever living past President, just like we pay Trump a salary, but those Presidents when they were President didn’t looked to make a buck, to personally profit off of, being President, all at the expense of the American taxpayer

And I told you, the personal crapola only makes you look small, as if anonymous vehicle gave you an outlet for a Napoleon complex
    I directly responded to your callenged and nothing changes what said, we pay them for doing nothing. Each one of them is making a profit at the expense of the American taxpayer.

Asshole

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I directly responded to your callenged and nothing changes what said, we pay them for doing nothing. Each one of them is making a profit at the expense of the American taxpayer.

Asshole
    Ah, no, we are paying a benefit every past President receives, and last I knew, the American taxpayer isn’t suppose to pay the acting
    President to play golf, especially paying him when he isn’t playing golf

And all the derogatory terms you can come up still won’t make you correct

14. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-18-2020)

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ah, no, we are paying a benefit every past President receives, and last I knew, the American taxpayer isn’t suppose to pay the acting
    President to play golf, especially paying him when he isn’t playing golf

And all the derogatory terms you can come up still won’t make you correct
    And trump will receive that benefit whenever he leaves office and you will pay for it til you die. As much as I hate the idea of paying any of them I take joy knowing you will be paying for trump.

Asshole

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Looks like Fox is actually fair and balanced. Hmmm

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello archives,

Oh, well, just in case he DECIDES to play at one of those places on any particular day...

Good thing for the Trump Organization he can force this business to take place. Other than that, they are not doing very well.

Trump tends to overspend on his properties and then rents don't keep up with what he needs to pay the loans.

His Scottish properties are losing money big time.

So is the one in Miami.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

HE IS RIPPING US OFF
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,273 Times in 13,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 800 Posts

Except Trump isn't taking the paychecks. He's giving them back to the Treasury...