Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump corrects head of CDC

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Default Trump corrects head of CDC

In a remarkable rebuke at a press conference, the President has said that Dr Robert Redfield, director of the CDC, was “incorrect” and “confused” when he told the Senate Appropriations Committee that a Covid vaccine might be available to the most vulnerable people by late November or December.

The President has repeatedly asserted that a vaccine would be ready as early as October, and certainly before the magic date Nov 3.

So who do you believe: He Who Can Never Be Wrong, or some quack?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

Micawber (09-18-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    In a remarkable rebuke at a press conference, the President has said that Dr Robert Redfield, director of the CDC, was “incorrect” and “confused” when he told the Senate Appropriations Committee that a Covid vaccine might be available to the most vulnerable people by late November or December.

The President has repeatedly asserted that a vaccine would be ready as early as October, and certainly before the magic date Nov 3.

The question from the reporter was in regard to the date quoted as late 2021.

The President, as diplomatically as possible given the error contained in the quoted date, said that the predicted date is actually in 2020 and may be as early as October.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,617 Times in 51,912 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump is a classic case of delusional disorder as the below link indicates. His eccentric behavior is entertaining on stage, but is proving fatal to thousands of elderly Americans.

https://www.merckmanuals.com/home/me...ional-disorder
    Symptoms
    A delusional disorder may develop from a preexisting paranoid personality disorder. Beginning in early adulthood, people with a paranoid personality disorder have a pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of others and their motives.

Early symptoms of delusional disorder may include

• Feeling exploited
    • Being preoccupied with the loyalty or trustworthiness of friends
    • Reading threatening meanings into benign remarks or events
    • Bearing grudges for a long time
    • Responding readily to perceived slights

Behavior is not obviously bizarre or odd. People with delusional disorder tend to function relatively well, except when their delusions cause problems. For example, they may have marital problems if they are incorrectly convinced their spouse is being unfaithful.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,544 Times in 9,995 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,099 Times in 1,011 Posts

Dr. Anthony Fauci says he expects to see a COVID-19 vaccine being proven safe and effective by November or December.

“I would still put my money on November/December,” Fauci said Wednesday at a Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute panel, according to CNN.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/17/fauci-...r-or-december/

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Old'N'Retired View Post
    The question from the reporter was in regard to the date quoted as late 2021.
    A vaccine could be given to the public as soon as November or December, Dr Redfield said, adding that limited first doses could go to those who were most vulnerable. But "in order to have enough of us immunised to have immunity, I think it’s going to take six to nine months", he added.

"I think he made a mistake when he said that. It's just incorrect information," Mr Trump said on Wednesday in response to a question from Fox News. "I believe he was confused. I think he just misunderstood the question, probably."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...o-coronavirus/

US President Donald Trump on Tuesday said a vaccine against the deadly coronavirus could be three or four weeks away, despite cautionary notes sounded by some US public health officials about that accelerated timeline.

Trump, speaking at a town hall hosted by ABC News in Philadelphia, defended his handling of the coronavirus crisis, and said a vaccine could be ready for distribution before the U.S. presidential election on Nov. 3.
    . . .
    "It would go away without the vaccine ... but it's going to go away a lot faster with it," he said. "You'll develop ... a herd mentality."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ld-weeks-away/

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I believe the lying orange sack of desperate shit!

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,544 Times in 9,995 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,099 Times in 1,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    I believe the lying orange sack of desperate shit!
    So u dont believe Dr. Anthony Fauci

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,563 Times in 17,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

The medical experts say the Vaccine will not be available to the people until the 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2021. Trump says by October, I wonder why he picked that data? I think Trump will announce a vaccine before the election whether it exists or not. Trump is not contstrained by the truth .

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

A vaccine could be given to the public as soon as November or December, Dr Redfield said, adding that limited first doses could go to those who were most vulnerable. But "in order to have enough of us immunised to have immunity, I think it’s going to take six to nine months", he added.

"I think he made a mistake when he said that. It's just incorrect information," Mr Trump said on Wednesday in response to a question from Fox News. "I believe he was confused. I think he just misunderstood the question, probably."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...o-coronavirus/

US President Donald Trump on Tuesday said a vaccine against the deadly coronavirus could be three or four weeks away, despite cautionary notes sounded by some US public health officials about that accelerated timeline.

Trump, speaking at a town hall hosted by ABC News in Philadelphia, defended his handling of the coronavirus crisis, and said a vaccine could be ready for distribution before the U.S. presidential election on Nov. 3.
    . . .
    "It would go away without the vaccine ... but it's going to go away a lot faster with it," he said. "You'll develop ... a herd mentality."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ld-weeks-away/
    In the cases of all of the leading three drug makers racing forward to create this vaccine, they will have 100 million doses to distribute on the day the thing is approved.

51,000 vaccination points are already arranged.

This is the impact of operation Warp Speed.

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

It should go to front line medical people first...fuck "the most vulnerable AKA the most credentialed victims".
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Victim Culture Cult has to die.

Surely after the BLM anarchy we all understand this.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Dr. Anthony Fauci says he expects to see a COVID-19 vaccine being proven safe and effective by November or December.

“I would still put my money on November/December,” Fauci said Wednesday at a Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute panel, according to CNN.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/17/fauci-...r-or-december/
    But by ‘safe and effective’ he means there are no known short term side effects. Long term? User is on their own.

What’s wrong headed about this vaccine stuff is that the jury is still out on natural COVID herd immunity. There is good circumstantial evidence that the virus is done virusing in some places. There are already studies which suggest that pre-existing immune factors are cross-reactive to the COVID virus and confer immunity to it.

In fact, that’s a slam dunk because there has to be *something* that explains why some people have a natural pre-existing immunity to it: we/they need only to discover *what* that factor is and describe the mechanism for it.

This may well turn out to be a race between herd immunity and a vaccine. And there are a lot of ‘interests’ that are on the vaccines side.

And before some wag pipes up with the ‘there’s no herd immunity’ meme please understand that if there’s no herd immunity to COVID—then a vaccine is pointless, because the whole point to a vaccine is to build up herd immunity in a population.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,022 Times in 8,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    But by ‘safe and effective’ he means there are no known short term side effects. Long term? User is on their own.
    That is not the way medicine is supposed to work in the USA. All the major vaccine companies have come together to say that is not the way they are going to work. They do not care what trump orders them to do. They will continue to do the moral thing.

There is good circumstantial evidence that the virus is done virusing in some places.
    Every time you say that, you sound dumber and dumber. The one central thing about a virus is that it never quits. It literally cannot quit. As long as it exists, it continues to "virus".

15. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    That is not the way medicine is supposed to work in the USA. All the major vaccine companies have come together to say that is not the way they are going to work. They do not care what trump orders them to do. They will continue to do the moral thing.

Every time you say that, you sound dumber and dumber. The one central thing about a virus is that it never quits. It literally cannot quit. As long as it exists, it continues to "virus".
    Try to not interpret it dumbly.

Viruses get done virusing when they are defeated at the population level: they run out of a sufficient number vulnerable hosts to keep the epidemic going and then the epidemic burns its self out.

All vaccines do is facilitate herd immunity by adding numbers of immune individuals to the population.

Do you really think lockdowns and mitigation schemes make viruses—just go away? They don’t: they provide only a temporary reprieve. That’s why lockdown-open-spike-lockdown-open-spike isn’t the way to go. Spain did a hard lockdown and now their numbers are up again. I can only hope it didn’t surprise their ‘experts’. At least Spain has learned to not lockdown, again.

At any rate, if you’re going to write off herd immunity don’t bitch about a hurried-up vaccine.

Because that’s the only available option—by your own reckoning.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

16. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,022 Times in 8,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Viruses get done virusing when they are defeated at the population level
    The one central concept of a virus is they really do not. They keep attacking, and if they find a chink in the armor, they win again. They never stop as long as they exist.

So when trump supporters refuse to vaccinate, they leave a chink in the armor for the virus to go through.