Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mocking Biden's speech and gaffes

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    The entire point of this thread is that there is a direct tie between gaffes & stuttering. I don't think YOU understand what stuttering means or is. It's not Elmer Fudd. It's a much more complex set of issues.
    oh please point us to the literature between "gaffes" and stuttering. I would love to see it.

The first I have ever heard of Gropin Joe and his infamous stutter was when it was clear he is senile as fuck

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    OK k k k kay Corn n n n PPPPPop Put that straig straight raz razor dow n n before I I I wra warp this c cha chain aroun around you r hea hea head.

I'm sure that was intimidating.
    HA!!!!!!!!!!!

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 25 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Just a reminder: Biden has had a lifelong stuttering problem. And there is more to that than what the common perception is.

And what an inspiration to all who have to deal w/ that. He has largely overcome it to be a true contender for the Presidency.
    It's nothing but desperation on the part of trumpists. They know, deep down that they're supporting a malicious sociopath. They can't defend that so they've decided the best course of action is to pull a Karl Rove and try to indict Biden as mentally incompetent. The problem is - it's not working. Why? Because trump keeps stepping on his own tiny mushroom every time he speaks.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trump's Brain For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-18-2020)

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Old'N'Retired View Post
    Is his stuttering the cause of his confusion?
    He is not confused. He has had a lifetime gaffe problem. The one who has a worse problem is Trump, so focusing on gaffes will not be productive for Trumpys.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-18-2020)

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    He is not confused. He has had a lifetime gaffe problem. The one who has a worse problem is Trump, so focusing on gaffes will not be productive for Trumpys.
    Yes. His racism always comes through.

8. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

No he does not . The White House stenographer for Biden says he has a noticeable change

Hilarious. trump doesn't even know the word "immunity" in the middle of a pandemic but you think Biden has a problem.

Btw there are articles describing how much of his mind trump has lost over the years, also.

Trump wasn’t always so linguistically challenged. What could explain the change?

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

9. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-18-2020)

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hey you were the one holding yourself out to be an expert. I just pointed out how ridiculous your opinion really is.

Biden's stutter doesn't account for him confusing his sister for his wife, not knowing what state he is in, thinking he is running for the Senate, calling it the Harris Biden campaign etc. etc.

I have watched my aunt develop dementia and my mother develop dementia. Biden is showing signs of early dementia. He has had two brain surgeries with aneurysm clippings. He obviously has a compromised neuro-circulatory system. That compromise is catching up with him. Two years from now he will be lucky to remember his name.

BTW How many times have I heard a liberal say the left is much more highly educated [elite] than the right.
    Same propaganda we heard about Hillary four years ago. The two RW fallback positions... brain damage and pedophilia. You guys need new material.

― Charles Dickens

11. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-18-2020)

12. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Trump has no issues speaking...

"It was the kind of utterance that makes professional transcribers question their career choice: “ … there is no collusion between certainly myself and my campaign, but I can always speak for myself — and the Russians, zero.”

When President Trump offered that response to a question at a press conference last week, it was the latest example of his tortured syntax, mid-thought changes of subject, and apparent trouble formulating complete sentences, let alone a coherent paragraph, in unscripted speech.

He was not always so linguistically challenged. STAT reviewed decades of Trump’s on-air interviews and compared them to Q&A sessions since his inauguration. The differences are striking and unmistakable.

Research has shown that changes in speaking style can result from cognitive decline. STAT therefore asked experts in neurolinguistics and cognitive assessment, as well as psychologists and psychiatrists, to compare Trump’s speech from decades ago to that in 2017; they all agreed there had been a deterioration, and some said it could reflect changes in the health of Trump’s brain."

https://www.statnews.com/2017/05/23/...le-interviews/

― Charles Dickens

13. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Trump goes way past gaffes. He does not make slips, but has paragraphs of insane "thoughts. When asked about homelessness he said .
    It is a phenomenon that started 2 years ago. It's disgraceful. I am going to maybe and I am looking at it very seriously . We are doing some other things as you probably noticed .like some of the very important things we are doing now. Where we're looking at it very seriously because you can't do that.

And this
    Give me gaffes please.

14. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    It's what is either purposely or unintelligently mistaken for confusion.
    When I was younger, i did stutter or stammer. I'm sure if there is a difference.

Being much older now, on occasion, I will stutter or stammer. Not often but sometimes.

In this clip, he does NOT seem to be stammering. He seems to be searching for the next idea or word or something- but he's not stuttering.

15. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Let's focus on the number of signed Middle East Peace deals.

16. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,395 Times in 3,338 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,121 Times in 1,030 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Old'N'Retired View Post
    When I was younger, i did stutter or stammer. I'm sure if there is a difference.

Being much older now, on occasion, I will stutter or stammer. Not often but sometimes.

In this clip, he does NOT seem to be stammering. He seems to be searching for the next idea or word or something- but he's not stuttering.

so what?

17. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    so what?
    Ya know... The rapidly rising, uh, um, ah, in... with, ah, with ah, I dunno uh...

18. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,781 Times in 3,068 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    "It was the kind of utterance that makes professional transcribers question their career choice: “ … there is no collusion between certainly myself and my campaign, but I can always speak for myself — and the Russians, zero.”

When President Trump offered that response to a question at a press conference last week, it was the latest example of his tortured syntax, mid-thought changes of subject, and apparent trouble formulating complete sentences, let alone a coherent paragraph, in unscripted speech.

He was not always so linguistically challenged. STAT reviewed decades of Trump’s on-air interviews and compared them to Q&A sessions since his inauguration. The differences are striking and unmistakable.

Research has shown that changes in speaking style can result from cognitive decline. STAT therefore asked experts in neurolinguistics and cognitive assessment, as well as psychologists and psychiatrists, to compare Trump’s speech from decades ago to that in 2017; they all agreed there had been a deterioration, and some said it could reflect changes in the health of Trump’s brain."

https://www.statnews.com/2017/05/23/...le-interviews/
    That statement was perfectly coherent. Trump has a tendency to divert into another thought mid-thought and then return back to his original thought. He does this all the time during his rallies... But, he mind seems to be working just fine, as he can go down a secondary thought process in the middle of his original thought process for minutes at a time and then coherently jump right back into his first thought process and finish it up.

His mind is working just fine... It is BIDEN'S mind that is not working very well... Even reading from a teleprompter he can't express a coherent thought half the time... Too bad the fake news media doesn't make him face (even friendly, let alone hostile) questions that weren't already pre-screened by his handlers to where he is able to read the answers to them off of a teleprompter... What a joke the Democrat Party has become...

19. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    That statement was perfectly coherent. Trump has a tendency to divert into another thought mid-thought and then return back to his original thought. He does this all the time during his rallies... But, he mind seems to be working just fine, as he can go down a secondary thought process in the middle of his original thought process for minutes at a time and then coherently jump right back into his first thought process and finish it up.

His mind is working just fine... It is BIDEN'S mind that is not working very well... Even reading from a teleprompter he can't express a coherent thought half the time... Too bad the fake news media doesn't make him face (even friendly, let alone hostile) questions that weren't already pre-screened by his handlers to where he is able to read the answers to them off of a teleprompter... What a joke the Democrat Party has become...

trumpsplaining followed by cherry picking. There's nothing trump can do that would make you criticize him, just admit it.

― Charles Dickens