Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

He cares about himself and wealth.

That's what he cares about.

What is in it for HIM?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (09-18-2020)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Only Trump supporters could accept a guy who clearly said on tape that he downplayed it, and then tried to make the case that he didn't downplay it.

And he does this all. the. time. Says something, then claims he did not say it, and actually said the opposite.

It's insanely surreal.
    Up-played it

6. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (09-18-2020)

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,227 Times in 6,865 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

I don't think this site should allow intentional hijacking of threads.

Just my 2 cents.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-18-2020)

9. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steven VanderMolen View Post
    Steven, go play in the War Zone

10. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (09-20-2020)

11. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,846 Times in 3,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Only Trump supporters could accept a guy who clearly said on tape that he downplayed it,
    ... in WORD, so as to not fear monger and cause mass panic about that which was not well known at the time.

and then tried to make the case that he didn't downplay it.
    He didn't, in ACTION. He took action (closing down borders) BEFORE he did the dialogue with Woodward, WHILE DEMS were downplaying it in words AND action, calling Trump xenophobic and racist and saying that Trump was fear mongering... You, like other Dems, wish to forget about the timeline of events and to rewrite history...

And he does this all. the. time. Says something, then claims he did not say it, and actually said the opposite.

It's insanely surreal.
    No, that's what DEMS do all the time... That's what they're doing in this case too... THEY initially downplayed the virus in both word AND action, calling Trump xenophobic and racist and criticizing the border closing actions that he was taking at the time, which occurred BEFORE the Woodward dialogue occurred...

Now, Dems are trying to act like THEY have always upplayed it and that Trump has always downplayed it and didn't do anything... Dems are liars... Dems are attempting to rewrite history...

Dems are also now FINALLY (in lying word only) condemning the violence and vandalism that has been occurring in the streets, after MONTHS of outright denying that such violence and vandalism has been occurring (remember "fiery, but mostly peaceful protests"??) ... Obviously their internal polling isn't looking so great ATM, so now they're trying to save face...

The Democrat Party are lying, cheating, sniveling, violent, hate-filled, bigoted, racist, controlling, demanding, intrusive, obstructive, crime-loving, pedo-loving, occult-loving Satanic fucks who will one day receive a one-way ticket to the lake of fire. Fuck the Democrat Party.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

13. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,615 Times in 10,048 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    "President Trump on Tuesday claimed he actually "up-played" COVID-19, after telling Washington Post journalist Bob Woodward he "always wanted to play it down." Mr. Trump made the comments during an ABC News town hall with undecided voters.

"I didn't downplay it. I actually in many ways up-played it in action," the president told the voter and ABC News' George Stephanopoulos, who hosted the town hall. "

Up-playing the downplay

Up-play it, downplay it, aaaa what's the difference? I'm isolated, insulated. Who cares if a bunch of suckers and losers die? Who needs them anyway? More suckers and losers? I could hardly care less. What's in it for ME? That's what I wanna know.

"COVID is a good thing, really, because now I don't have to shake hands with disgusting people." (he actually said that)

Former Pence Aide Totally Disgusted With Trump - Will Be Voting For Biden

He Doesn't Care About You

He Thinks You're Disgusting

No need for a mask

14. The Following User Says Thank You to volsrock For This Post:

15. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Up-played it
    We see an up-play of the downplay; does that make it passive/aggressive?

We've seen this kind of flip-flopping before.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

16. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-18-2020)

18. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello BartenderElite,

I don't think this site should allow intentional hijacking of threads.

Just my 2 cents.
    Oh, it's not so bad. The good thing about fewer rules is that it keeps the mod duties as minimal as possible. That's important for longevity.

I've been on other sites that had more rules, which kept the mods busy with complaint resolution. Eventually things go unaddressed, the rules become meaningless, site goes downhill, eventually they just pull it altogether because it is a big PITA and they got the site hits they were looking for to sell some ads.

This site has stood the test of time pretty much just as it is. It works because it generates volume. Sure, most of the traffic is junk but there are some nuggets if you know how to filter out the garbage and are willing to do it. I don't wanna feed the trolls myself but I understand that others can't resist, and that generates volume, keeps things moving along. It all works.

And, since it isn't a rule it becomes a test of personality, and a fair charge during discussions. If somebody has a weak argument, or no argument basically, and they try to hijack a thread because they can't stand what has been said and want to scroll it off, then it becomes fair play to call them on it. The evidence is right there in the thread.

Also, not to belabor the obvious, if there was a no thread hijacking rule we would not be able to talk about thread hijacking in a thread about double-talking DT contradicting his own words.

I guess "DT" can stand for more than one thing...
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 09-18-2020 at 08:47 AM.

19. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

20. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"I always wanted to downplay it"

"I didn't downplay it"

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-18-2020)

22. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,421 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Am I suppose to think any leftist cares about me????? Really!!??? LMFAO
    The reason why no one cares about you isn't because they're "leftists".

The reason is because you are a horrible person with no redeeming qualities. That's why no one cares about you.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

23. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So should trump supporters vote for Biden because Joe cares about them?
    No one should give a shit what a bunch of Nazis are going to do.

Best to write Trump voters off and focus on non-voters instead.

24. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,989 Times in 8,360 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    No one should give a shit what a bunch of Nazis are going to do.

Best to write Trump voters off and focus on non-voters instead.
    Well if you had any fucking brains you would give a shot but like always leftists will shoot themselves in the foot and they'll stand there with their dick in their hands wondering how it all went wrong. Fucking morons. But I can't wait

25. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well if you had any ducking brains you would but like always leftists will shoot yourselves in the foot and you'll stand there with your dick in your hands wondering how it all went wrong. You fucking moron. But I can't wait
    We only had about 55% turnout in the 2016 election.

70% turnout would probably mean a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate for the Democrats.

80% turnout would probably give Democrats a 66-seat majority in the Senate, and a 2/3 majority in the House.

90% turnout would result in probably less than 25 elected Conservatives in the House.

The more people who vote, the less likely Conservatives are to win.

26. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,989 Times in 8,360 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    We only had about 55% turnout in the 2016 election.

70% turnout would probably mean a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate for the Democrats.

80% turnout would probably give Democrats a 66-seat majority in the Senate, and a 2/3 majority in the House.

90% turnout would result in probably less than 25 elected Conservatives in the House.

The more people who vote, the less likely Conservatives are to win.
    Got proof any of that is true or that any of it will happen? But if you're right then that means those people are leftists but there's a reasons those idiots dont turn out to vote and that's because their leftists. You people live in unicorns and gumdrops.