Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some of us knew this was going on and now we have evidence

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Default Some of us knew this was going on and now we have evidence

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) — The coronavirus cases on lower Broadway may have been so low that the mayor’s office and the Metro Health Department decided to keep it secret.

Emails between the mayor’s senior advisor and the health department reveal only a partial picture. But what they reveal is disturbing.

The discussion involves the low number of coronavirus cases emerging from bars and restaurants and how to handle that.

And most disturbingly, how to keep it from the public.

https://fox17.com/news/local/covid-1...ing-revelation

I get the idea some Nashville bar and restaurant owners might have a bit of class action suit against the city and the local health department.

And it raises the question of motive: why would the mayor withhold that kind of information from the public? Bad Orange Man thing?

Is this the tip of the iceberg?

As a subtext: note the actual journalism being done by these local news hounds. They put the ‘hound’ in news hound. Almost like they don’t care which way the political chips fall.

Then they move on to CNN and something happens to them.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Bigdog (09-18-2020), Callinectes (09-18-2020), Code1211 (09-18-2020), dukkha (09-18-2020), Earl (09-18-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) — The coronavirus cases on lower Broadway may have been so low that the mayor’s office and the Metro Health Department decided to keep it secret.

Emails between the mayor’s senior advisor and the health department reveal only a partial picture. But what they reveal is disturbing.

The discussion involves the low number of coronavirus cases emerging from bars and restaurants and how to handle that.

I get the idea some Nashville bar and restaurant owners might have a bit of class action suit against the city and the local health department.

And it raises the question of motive: why would the mayor withhold that kind of information from the public? Bad Orange Man thing?

As a subtext: note the actual journalism being done by these local news hounds. They put the ‘hound’ in news hound. Almost like they don’t care which way the political chips fall.

The most refreshing part of this is actual journalism being performed by the journalist.

I don't know how many other reporters had this story, but killed it. Don't know how many reporters have stories like this, but killed them.

Reporters reporting is like a total eclipse. Doesn't happen often and when it does, it needs to be studied and appreciated.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Code1211 For This Post:

Bigdog (09-18-2020), Callinectes (09-18-2020), Darth Omar (09-18-2020), dukkha (09-18-2020), Earl (09-18-2020), Stone (09-18-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Old'N'Retired View Post
    The most refreshing part of this is actual journalism being performed by the journalist.

I don't know how many other reporters had this story, but killed it. Don't know how many reporters have stories like this, but killed them.

Reporters reporting is like a total eclipse. Doesn't happen often and when it does, it needs to be studied and appreciated.
    Probably more good journalism being done at the local level.

This was a Fox affiliate but I don’t know that it matters that much on the local level. What’s interesting is whether the national outlets run it. It should be run.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Bigdog (09-18-2020)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Are you sure that this isn't a Qanon propaganda stunt????
    Lock Him Up

8. The Following User Groans At Trumpet For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-18-2020)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Are you sure that this isn't a Qanon propaganda stunt????
    Read the email lol.

What do you think?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Bigdog (09-18-2020)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Bigdog (09-18-2020), Earl (09-18-2020)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

I lived in Nashville during high school and college.

Good people, honest for the most part.

This rotten mayor who withheld vital health data should be in prison.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Bigdog (09-18-2020), Callinectes (09-18-2020), Darth Omar (09-18-2020)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    I lived in Nashville during high school and college.

Good people, honest for the most part.

This rotten mayor who withheld vital health data should be in prison.
    Not sure how the crime would be labeled but it certainly seems criminal.

Lawsuit. Big time.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Bigdog (09-18-2020)

17. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,544 Times in 9,995 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,099 Times in 1,011 Posts

Not sure how the crime would be labeled but it certainly seems criminal.

Lawsuit. Big time.
    DEPRIVATION OF RIGHTS UNDER COLOR OF LAW

Section 242 of Title 18 makes it a crime for a person acting under color of any law to willfully deprive a person of a right or privilege protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States.
    For the purpose of Section 242, acts under "color of law" include acts not only done by federal, state, or local officials within their lawful authority, but also acts done beyond the bounds of that official's lawful authority, if the acts are done while the official is purporting to or pretending to act in the performance of his/her official duties. Persons acting under color of law within the meaning of this statute include police officers, prisons guards and other law enforcement officials, as well as judges, care providers in public health facilities, and others who are acting as public officials. It is not necessary that the crime be motivated by animus toward the race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin of the victim.

The offense is punishable by a range of imprisonment up to a life term, or the death penalty, depending upon the circumstances of the crime, and the resulting injury, if any.

https://www.justice.gov/crt/deprivat...nder-color-law

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volsrock For This Post:

Callinectes (09-18-2020), Darth Omar (09-18-2020)

19. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    DEPRIVATION OF RIGHTS UNDER COLOR OF LAW

Section 242 of Title 18 makes it a crime for a person acting under color of any law to willfully deprive a person of a right or privilege protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States.
    For the purpose of Section 242, acts under "color of law" include acts not only done by federal, state, or local officials within their lawful authority, but also acts done beyond the bounds of that official's lawful authority, if the acts are done while the official is purporting to or pretending to act in the performance of his/her official duties. Persons acting under color of law within the meaning of this statute include police officers, prisons guards and other law enforcement officials, as well as judges, care providers in public health facilities, and others who are acting as public officials. It is not necessary that the crime be motivated by animus toward the race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin of the victim.

The offense is punishable by a range of imprisonment up to a life term, or the death penalty, depending upon the circumstances of the crime, and the resulting injury, if any.

https://www.justice.gov/crt/deprivat...nder-color-law
    Ouch.

If there’s not a big civil suit I’ll be very surprised.

20. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Probably more good journalism being done at the local level.

This was a Fox affiliate but I don’t know that it matters that much on the local level. What’s interesting is whether the national outlets run it. It should be run.
    I heard OF the story on FOX News Channel and they aired a news conference showing one of the Nashville propagandists in the government telling the reporter that he should not be asking that kind of a question.

I find this annoying.

Around here, there is also pretty accurate reporting, but the media is also in the bag on many topics. As related to national news, they echo whatever stories and tone and perspective presented by their affiliation.

It doesn't seem that ANY mainstream type media outlet is exposing the Black Lives Matter organization as the marxists that they are.

I don't understand this deliberate omission.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Code1211 For This Post:

Bigdog (09-18-2020), Darth Omar (09-18-2020)

22. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 Times in 8,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Read the email lol.

What do you think?
    I think if you wrote it, it is untrue.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

23. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Old'N'Retired View Post
    I heard OF the story on FOX News Channel and they aired a news conference showing one of the Nashville propagandists in the government telling the reporter that he should not be asking that kind of a question.

I find this annoying.

Around here, there is also pretty accurate reporting, but the media is also in the bag on many topics. As related to national news, they echo whatever stories and tone and perspective presented by their affiliation.

It doesn't seem that ANY mainstream type media outlet is exposing the Black Lives Matter organization as the marxists that they are.

I don't understand this deliberate omission.
    Oh, I suspect you might lol.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Code1211 (09-19-2020)

25. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    I think if you wrote it, it is untrue.
    I can’t remember the last time I wrote an email.

26. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's west VA, always has its finger on the pulse with this and other assorted things like UFOs.