Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evangelicals and Trump

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Default Evangelicals and Trump

Trump has shown some amazing things about religion in America and particularly Evangelicals when it comes to political power. You would think Trump Christ-like. But I fail to remember Christ being in favor of caging children or breaking up families. Did I miss that? Two pieces below help, it isn't about being religious, is it? What then of religion? Has it lost its holiness, its goodness. Was it ever about being good.

'How the evangelical movement became Trump's "bitch" — and yes, I know what that word signifies'

'As an evangelical myself, I can see how far the movement has sunk — even to betraying its own ideal of masculinity'

https://www.salon.com/2020/09/09/how...ord-signifies/

"His most notable advice for interacting with half the human population is "grab 'em by the pussy". Who could have predicted such an alliance?"

Climate too. Why not pray away hurricanes floods and fires, poverty too while they are at it. Interesting how the mixture of politics and religion accomplishes so little good.

'Faith and politics mix to drive evangelical Christians’ climate change denial'

https://theconversation.com/faith-an...-denial-143145

'Climate science denial may stem more from politics than religion'

'Social scientist Dan Kahan rejects the idea of an automatic link between religiosity and any anti-science bias. He argues that religiosity only incidentally tracks science denial because some scientific findings have become “culturally antagonistic” to some identity groups.'

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." Matthew 6:24
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

2. The Following User Groans At midcan5 For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (09-21-2020)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

Cypress (09-17-2020), Guno צְבִי (09-17-2020), ThatOwlWoman (09-17-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Religion has become an enterprise in this country.
    Last edited by Trumpet; 09-17-2020 at 06:43 AM.
    Lock Him Up

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-22-2020), ThatOwlWoman (09-17-2020)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

do some people really still believe that humans have caused climate change?........why do they still deny science?.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. The Following User Groans At PostmodernProphet For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (09-18-2020)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

9. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Jesus Freaks have endorsed the Anti-Christ.

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

What on earth have the American Evangelicals to do with Jesus of Nazareth? They have never read the New Testament, and all they worship is money.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

Cypress (09-17-2020), Phantasmal (09-17-2020), ThatOwlWoman (09-17-2020)

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    What on earth have the American Evangelicals to do with Jesus of Nazareth? They have never read the New Testament, and all they worship is money.
    It's all in The Two Corinthians, Penderyn. (at least that's what I've been told by Trump)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (09-17-2020), Phantasmal (09-17-2020)

14. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,325 Times in 53,233 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    They have turned into the Pharisees that Jesus battled against.

"Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

15. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

AProudLefty (09-22-2020), Cypress (09-17-2020), Guno צְבִי (09-22-2020), Iolo/Penderyn (09-17-2020), midcan5 (09-21-2020), Phantasmal (09-17-2020)

17. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

I would like to see some of the church leaders come out against Trump and what he is doing to children. But I don't see it anywhere?

"“It’s a very sad, dark chapter of our history,” says Jacob Soboroff, who was among the first journalists to report on the Trump administration’s family separation policy."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/23/b...-soboroff.html

'Separated: Inside An American Tragedy'

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/49604006-separated
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

18. The Following User Groans At midcan5 For This Awful Post:

19. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-22-2020)

20. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    do some people really still believe that humans have caused climate change?........why do they still deny science?.......
    WOW!!!! What a perfect example of exactly what the OP was saying................
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

21. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    They have turned into the Pharisees that Jesus battled against.

AMEN!!!!!!
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

22. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    I would like to see some of the church leaders come out against Trump and what he is doing to children. But I don't see it anywhere?

"“It’s a very sad, dark chapter of our history,” says Jacob Soboroff, who was among the first journalists to report on the Trump administration’s family separation policy."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/23/b...-soboroff.html

'Separated: Inside An American Tragedy'

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/49604006-separated
    I posted a thread & several have come out, although individuals will have to decide on their "leadership"..........

They would probably rather follow son of saint falwell & the ilk.
    Who are #1 political & Christ like somewhere down the list & good luck finding it....

23. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    WOW!!!! What a perfect example of exactly what the OP was saying................
    ohoh.....sounds like Bill needs to do a bit of catching up........his mind is still stuck in the 80s.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

24. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

ohoh.....sounds like Bill needs to do a bit of catching up........his mind is still stuck in the 80s.....

25. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    get thee behind me Satan
    if you would stop sucking his dick he wouldn't be in front of you.......

26. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

if you would stop sucking his dick he wouldn't be in front of you.......
    1 John 2:15-17 ESV / 1,018 helpful votes
    Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.

Colossians 3:2 ESV / 570 helpful votes
    Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.

James 4:4 ESV / 320 helpful votes
    You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

Ephesians 5:11 ESV / 282 helpful votes
    Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

Titus 2:11-12 ESV / 254 helpful votes
    For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age,

Romans 12:2 ESV / 250 helpful votes
    Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Exodus 14:14 ESV / 192 helpful votes
    The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.”

Isaiah 41:10 ESV / 166 helpful votes
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 40:31 ESV / 147 helpful votes
    But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Matthew 16:26 ESV / 129 helpful votes
    For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?

Titus 2:12 ESV / 127 helpful votes
    Training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age,

Psalm 37:4 ESV / 124 helpful votes
    Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV / 118 helpful votes
    Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Luke 16:11 ESV / 114 helpful votes
    If then you have not been faithful in the unrighteous wealth, who will entrust to you the true riches?

Jeremiah 17:9 ESV / 107 helpful votes
    The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?

John 3:16 ESV / 101 helpful votes
    “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

1 Peter 4:7 ESV / 93 helpful votes
    The end of all things is at hand; therefore be self-controlled and sober-minded for the sake of your prayers.

1 John 2:15 ESV / 76 helpful votes
    Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

2 Corinthians 4:18 ESV / 74 helpful votes
    As we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

Philippians 4:13 ESV / 73 helpful votes
    I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

1 Corinthians 3:16 ESV / 70 helpful votes
    Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?

Proverbs 21:20 ESV / 70 helpful votes
    Precious treasure and oil are in a wise man's dwelling, but a foolish man devours it.

Matthew 12:30 ESV / 69 helpful votes
    Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.

Jeremiah 17:10 ESV / 67 helpful votes
    “I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.”

Colossians 3:20 ESV / 57 helpful votes
    Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.

John 15:18-19 ESV / 56 helpful votes
    “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

Proverbs 22:7 ESV / 56 helpful votes
    The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is the slave of the lender.

Galatians 5:16 ESV / 54 helpful votes
    But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.

Proverbs 13:22 ESV / 54 helpful votes
    A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children, but the sinner's wealth is laid up for the righteous.

2 John 1:2 ESV / 51 helpful votes
    Because of the truth that abides in us and will be with us forever:

Romans 5:1-21 ESV / 48 helpful votes
    Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. ...

Luke 12:15 ESV / 48 helpful votes
    And he said to them, “Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”

1 Peter 3:13 ESV / 45 helpful votes
    Now who is there to harm you if you are zealous for what is good?

1 John 2:17 ESV / 44 helpful votes
    And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.

Matthew 25:15 ESV / 43 helpful votes
    To one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away.

John 14:27 ESV / 41 helpful votes
    Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

Luke 14:28 ESV / 41 helpful votes
    For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it?

Hebrews 11:1 ESV / 39 helpful votes
    Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

1 John 2:16 ESV / 38 helpful votes
    For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world.

Matthew 6:33 ESV / 38 helpful votes
    But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

John 16:33 ESV / 37 helpful votes
    I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

John 14:1 ESV / 37 helpful votes
    “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.

1 John 3:1 ESV / 34 helpful votes
    See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

1 Peter 5:7 ESV / 34 helpful votes
    Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Matthew 6:24 ESV / 34 helpful votes
    “No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.

2 Peter 1:4 ESV / 33 helpful votes
    By which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.

James 1:27 ESV / 33 helpful votes
    Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

Colossians 3:5 ESV / 33 helpful votes
    Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

1 John 5:19 ESV / 32 helpful votes
    We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.

1 Peter 5:8 ESV / 32 helpful votes
    Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

1 Peter 5:6 ESV / 32 helpful votes
    Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you,

Romans 3:12 ESV / 31 helpful votes
    All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.”

Philippians 4:8 ESV / 28 helpful votes
    Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

Galatians 2:20 ESV / 28 helpful votes
    I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Luke 1:37 ESV / 28 helpful votes
    For nothing will be impossible with God.”

Revelation 21:1 ESV / 27 helpful votes
    Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.

1 John 5:4 ESV / 27 helpful votes
    For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.

James 1:17 ESV / 27 helpful votes
    Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

2 Timothy 1:7 ESV / 27 helpful votes
    For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

Romans 8:18 ESV / 26 helpful votes
    For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

John 8:12 ESV / 26 helpful votes
    Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Amos 6:1 ESV / 26 helpful votes
    “Woe to those who are at ease in Zion, and to those who feel secure on the mountain of Samaria, the notable men of the first of the nations, to whom the house of Israel comes!

Revelation 1:1-20 ESV / 25 helpful votes
    The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near. John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne, and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood ...

Luke 8:14 ESV / 25 helpful votes
    And as for what fell among the thorns, they are those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by the cares and riches and pleasures of life, and their fruit does not mature.

Proverbs 25:27 ESV / 25 helpful votes
    It is not good to eat much honey, nor is it glorious to seek one's own glory.

Proverbs 11:28 ESV / 25 helpful votes
    Whoever trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous will flourish like a green leaf.

Romans 5:8 ESV / 24 helpful votes
    But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 1:20 ESV / 24 helpful votes
    For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

Matthew 5:16 ESV / 24 helpful votes
    In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

Psalm 101:3 ESV / 24 helpful votes
    I will not set before my eyes anything that is worthless. I hate the work of those who fall away; it shall not cling to me.

1 John 4:5 ESV / 23 helpful votes
    They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them.

2 Corinthians 4:4 ESV / 23 helpful votes
    In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Romans 12:1-2 ESV / 23 helpful votes
    I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

John 15:19 ESV / 23 helpful votes
    If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

Matthew 6:19 ESV / 23 helpful votes
    “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal,

Jeremiah 29:11 ESV / 23 helpful votes
    For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

1 Corinthians 6:19 ESV / 22 helpful votes
    Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,

Luke 16:13 ESV / 22 helpful votes
    No servant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.”

1 Corinthians 3:18 ESV / 21 helpful votes
    Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you thinks that he is wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise.

Romans 8:28 ESV / 21 helpful votes
    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Matthew 13:22 ESV / 20 helpful votes
    As for what was sown among thorns, this is the one who hears the word, but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and it proves unfruitful.

1 John 2:2 ESV / 19 helpful votes
    He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.

Colossians 3:1 ESV / 19 helpful votes
    If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

Ephesians 2:2 ESV / 19 helpful votes
    In which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience—

1 John 1:9 ESV / 18 helpful votes
    If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

James 1:12 ESV / 18 helpful votes
    Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.

Matthew 22:37 ESV / 18 helpful votes
    And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

Ephesians 3:20 ESV / 16 helpful votes
    Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us,

1 Corinthians 1:18 ESV / 16 helpful votes
    For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

John 3:16-17 ESV / 16 helpful votes
    “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Philippians 3:20 ESV / 15 helpful votes
    But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,

Mark 8:36 ESV / 15 helpful votes
    For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?

Colossians 3:23 ESV / 14 helpful votes
    Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,

Galatians 5:22-23 ESV / 14 helpful votes
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

1 Peter 3:18-20 ESV / 13 helpful votes
    For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit, in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison, because they formerly did not obey, when God's patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water.

James 1:3 ESV / 13 helpful votes
    For you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.

1 Timothy 6:7-8 ESV / 13 helpful votes
    For we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.

2 Corinthians 10:3 ESV / 13 helpful votes
    For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh.

Philippians 4:6 ESV / 12 helpful votes
    Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

1 Corinthians 1:28-29 ESV / 12 helpful votes
    God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.