Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Minister of Truth, Blackwater Lunchbreak, The Anonymous, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Legion Troll, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, CFM, Superfreak, TOP, volsrock, Yurt, Earl, Terri4Trump, Lord Yurt and OG Yurt

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Holocaust denial poll results

1. #151 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Taking the knee was a protest against police brutality. Do you support police brutality?

There are well over 300 million people in America and the percentage of those burning flags, etc. is miniscule.
    What police brutality? Why are you condemning all police? Bigotry.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

2. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    What police brutality? Why are you condemning all police? Bigotry.
    Read the story behind taking a knee and then get back to me, dummy.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

3. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,714 Times in 27,344 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Cypress- how many people reading this do you think have turned off already and reverted to the ' Holocaust= Jews ' mindset ?
    I have never heard of sibtudrama.org
    Publication in scholarly peer reviewed journals ensures that other experts in the field find the methodologies conclusions and data presented are credible.

The new links you give is consistent with the first link you gave, that romani were sometimes killed in the zyklon gas chambers, but it does nothing to debunk the historical consensus that the zyklon gas death camps were primarily intended to exterminate Europe's Jews.

Many "undesirables" languished in concentration camps and slave labor sites, many of whom died from starvation and exposure. Their stories need to be, and are, told.

I probably have more posts here about Nazi mistreatment of Slavic people, than I have of the Jewish experience in ww2.

Wrapping up: I surmise that every single educated person on this board is aware that the Nazis are responsible for the deaths of millions of Slavs, Romani, homosexuals, and other "undesirables". I do not think it is a closely guarded secret being hidden from people.

4. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Read the story behind taking a knee and then get back to me, dummy.
    What story? What police brutality? Why are you condemning all police? Bigotry.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

5. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,349 Times in 8,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,704 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Not what you were talking about. Try again. Please stay on topic.
    Night is now telling me what I am saying, and how I am not allowed to point out how much of a failure his side is.

6. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    New Jersey School Board has holocaust and genocide curriculum that ranges widely from the killing fields of Cambodia, to USSR, to Armenia to across the world.

https://www.state.nj.us/education/holocaust/curriculum/

I have known about the Armenian genocide and the Cambodian killing fields since I was a teenager. I do not feel like they were hidden from me
    It's not that they're hidden, it's that they aren't taught in most schools and they're rarely talked about in media.

7. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,427 Times in 5,874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,519 Times in 6,260 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wrapping up: I surmise that every single educated person on this board is aware that the Nazis are responsible for the deaths of millions of Slavs, Romani, homosexuals, and other "undesirables". I do not think it is a closely guarded secret being hidden from people.
    Unwrapping- they are clearly NOT aware that the ' undesirables ' massively outnumbered the Jewish victims. While not being ' a closely guarded secret ' that information is almost always omitted from most Holocaust narratives and swamped by the Jewish narrative on the occasions that it is mentioned. This thread would attest to that if not for our discussion.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

8. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,714 Times in 27,344 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    It's not that they're hidden, it's that they aren't taught in most schools and they're rarely talked about in media.
    Here is another State which mandates education on a range of historic genocides.

California Code, Education Code - EDC § 51226.3

"The Legislature encourages the incorporation of survivor, rescuer, liberator, and witness oral testimony into the teaching of human rights, the Holocaust, and genocide, including, but not limited to, the Armenian, Cambodian, Darfur, and Rwandan genocides."
    I do not know how old you are, but in the 1990s, the Rwandan Genocide and the ethnic cleansing in the Balkans were two of the top stories of the decade. There are even movies made about them.

In the 1980s, when news started coming out of Cambodia, the killing fields was a major news story of that decade, and books and movies were made about it.

On this board, I do not think I would be far off the mark to say the Gulag is discussed at least as often, and maybe more often, than the holocaust.

9. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Night is now telling me what I am saying, and how I am not allowed to point out how much of a failure his side is.
    Denial of self.

10. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Old'N'Retired View Post
    I suppose what I was talking about was more along the lines of school vouchers. Simply choosing between two dealerships selling the same car will not make huge difference in the product purchased.

As long as there is only one choice available at no charge, the greatest number of folks enrolling their children will follow the path of least resistance.

When Private schools have the same cost factor to students' parents, that will help to solve the problems in our current wasteful and failing system.

Private schools currently cost less, graduate more, provide better grade outcomes and render better prepared graduates. If paid 1.5 times as much per student, like public schools, private schools will spring up everywhere.

They have shown they are just plain better and less costly. Yet, the government continues to demand failure wherever they can.

What's wrong with this picture?
    It depends upon the law in the state you live in but if the voucher is considered public money then any private school accepting a voucher student is now taking public money and that comes with strings attached.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

11. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    This is precisely why we need more federalization of education. Leaving it up to the states is lazy recklessness. Clearly, anti-federalization is failing education.
    That is a very unpopular idea, but IMHO one that certainly needs to be looked @....... While no one wants the fed telling us this or that it may be preferable than some cultist w/ an agenda in the state house doing it......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

12. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    That is a very unpopular idea, but IMHO one that certainly needs to be looked @....... While no one wants the fed telling us this or that it may be preferable than some cultist w/ an agenda in the state house doing it......
    We already are de facto federalized.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

13. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    I understand the sentiment here but I think we're way beyond school choice mattering. The kids are taught the same things no matter what school they're enrolled in no matter how much or how little money that community has. At least in my state that's how it works.
    The "choice" I was thinking about was being able to choose between a public school and a private school.

I suppose Vouchers is what I'm talking about.

If your only choice is a Big 3 product, you get what you got. Add in Toyota and Honda and VW, and the entire product line(s) change for the better.

Watch what happens now following the intro of Tesla.

We need a big change in education RIGHT NOW to correct the slowly evolved rot we find ourselves suffering within today.

14. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    The main problem with private schools is they can do all that, but not at the same time. Private schools that cost less drop students behind public schools by one month every year they go to the school. Private schools that do better than public schools cost two or three times as much. Private schools that graduate better students do so by graduating fewer students.

Now for the part you will find very upsetting. Charter schools can work well in places like NYC, where there are large concentrations of people with complex mass transit. In places like Kansas, or West Virginia, they have always failed badly.
    Whatever the solution is, the current system ain't it.

We have fallen behind other developed nations and our education in considered a joke in the international community.

We were first or top 5 solidly for decades. Now we are 25 with no signs of rising. Our STEM ranking is in the mid 30's.

In the mean time, our teachers do not try to improve results in the classroom. They are trying to change the attitudes and feelings of their students.

The overriding and dominant goal of education should be to educate. Eliminate whatever is getting in the way and do the job.

15. #165 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So American Jews just couldn't figure out for themselves that Obama was, according to you, a virulent anti-Semite?
    Never said that.