Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 155

Thread: Gallup: The more woke sports get, the more the American people utterly abandon them

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8,857
    Thanks
    1,537
    Thanked 4,341 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    10
    Groaned 146 Times in 137 Posts

    Default Gallup: The more woke sports get, the more the American people utterly abandon them

    Polls are bullshit, but even the left's own beloved lying machine is telling them what a widely rejected turd this "make up whatever wee feel like" racist cult lunacy of "wokeness" has become.

    "Gallup data out Tuesday shows public devotion to America’s great cultural pastimes has collapsed in the last year as political turmoil has infected what used to be an escape for millions of Americans. According to Gallup, the sports industry now boasts a negative image among U.S. adults: 30 percent see the sports industry positively, compared to 40 percent reporting a negative image. This year’s survey illustrates a 30 percent decline from American views on the sports industry a year ago, when the corporate sports enjoyed a net positive 20 percent rating, with 45 percent of Americans reporting a favorable opinion compared to 25 percent who said otherwise."

    Gallup: Public Favorability Towards The U.S. Sports Industry Has Collapsed


    Democrats rely on 2 communist red herrings: Fascism & black lives not mattering. It's why they have to redefine mainstream, age-old things as suddenly being "fascist" (enforcing immigration laws, temporarily restricting un-vettable terror state 'refugees') or "white supremacist" (literally everything, from capitalism, to Memorial Day, to math). No one's ARGUING that black lives don't matter or PUSHING fascism. The Demagogue Party just needs scapegoats.


  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arminius For This Post:

    Bigdog (09-16-2020), Darth Omar (09-16-2020), Earl (09-16-2020), gfm7175 (09-16-2020), Irish (09-15-2020)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    13,916
    Thanks
    1,653
    Thanked 4,908 Times in 3,697 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 284 Times in 269 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    They chose poorly.
    ERIC CIARAMELLA whose name may not be spoken

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

    Arminius (09-16-2020)

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    4,195
    Thanks
    2,970
    Thanked 2,465 Times in 1,674 Posts
    Groans
    686
    Groaned 587 Times in 505 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    They've been abandoned because of COVID making them hardly worth the time and pretty damn sad. That and cable/streaming prices. If it was the woke issue this would have been the trend since several years back.

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    63,309
    Thanks
    17,163
    Thanked 16,975 Times in 12,721 Posts
    Groans
    627
    Groaned 1,086 Times in 1,031 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    They've been abandoned because of COVID making them hardly worth the time and pretty damn sad. That and cable/streaming prices. If it was the woke issue this would have been the trend since several years back.
    It's been a trend. Is this the first you're hearing about it?

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chaz For This Post:

    Arminius (09-16-2020), Guille (09-15-2020), tinfoil (09-19-2020)

  8. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    24,305
    Thanks
    637
    Thanked 4,516 Times in 3,556 Posts
    Groans
    85
    Groaned 1,592 Times in 1,461 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
    Polls are bullshit, but even the left's own beloved lying machine is telling them what a widely rejected turd this "make up whatever wee feel like" racist cult lunacy of "wokeness" has become.

    "Gallup data out Tuesday shows public devotion to America’s great cultural pastimes has collapsed in the last year as political turmoil has infected what used to be an escape for millions of Americans. According to Gallup, the sports industry now boasts a negative image among U.S. adults: 30 percent see the sports industry positively, compared to 40 percent reporting a negative image. This year’s survey illustrates a 30 percent decline from American views on the sports industry a year ago, when the corporate sports enjoyed a net positive 20 percent rating, with 45 percent of Americans reporting a favorable opinion compared to 25 percent who said otherwise."

    Gallup: Public Favorability Towards The U.S. Sports Industry Has Collapsed



  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

    Crocodile (09-16-2020), Frank Apisa (09-16-2020), Phantasmal (09-16-2020)

  10. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    8,998
    Thanks
    747
    Thanked 3,326 Times in 2,640 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 103 Times in 97 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Bankruptcies all around please.
    All Cash Since Oct 16.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

    Arminius (09-16-2020), tinfoil (09-19-2020)

  12. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America "clinging to my God and Guns"
    Posts
    20,241
    Thanks
    3,029
    Thanked 12,181 Times in 8,915 Posts
    Groans
    119
    Groaned 256 Times in 245 Posts

    Default

    Pro sports and (stock car?) racing has gone political and racist.
    Are they too stupid to realize their fan base is predominately white (especially racing)?

    It's obvious, most pro sports teams (except hockey) are over 1/2 black. This has never
    been an issue with fans. In fact, the NHRA has encouraged diversity, both women and
    blacks have won championships, fans love them.
    But when rich athletes start making things political, disrespecting the National Anthem
    and the American flag, all the while screaming they are "oppressed," why are they too
    stupid to realize they are driving their fan base away?
    Holy hell!. The Redskins changed their name to the "Washington Football Team." WTF?
    Schools are changing their names, colleges are changing their names. This shit is getting
    out of hand.
    What would happen if whites started becoming "offended" by the monuments erected at
    sports stadiums honoring black athletes? When Jackie Robinson broke the "color barrier" in
    baseball, fans welcomed him, along with players from every race and nationality. When they
    start picking political and racial sides, things are moving backwards, not forward. Fans notice.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

    TOP (09-16-2020)

  14. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    margaritaville
    Posts
    4,719
    Thanks
    2,108
    Thanked 2,945 Times in 1,918 Posts
    Groans
    15
    Groaned 141 Times in 130 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    They've been abandoned because of COVID making them hardly worth the time and pretty damn sad. That and cable/streaming prices. If it was the woke issue this would have been the trend since several years back.
    Not true at all. Pro sports have been dropping in popularity for awhile now. Everyone is sick of the politics in sports, the rule changes, over officiating, and the general overall FAKE feel of pro sports. This coming from a lifelong sports fanatic. Now I can take it or leave it,.... mostly leave it.

  15. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    39,517
    Thanks
    11,398
    Thanked 26,734 Times in 17,387 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 1,093 Times in 1,044 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Pro sports and (stock car?) racing has gone political and racist.
    Are they too stupid to realize their fan base is predominately white (especially racing)?

    It's obvious, most pro sports teams (except hockey) are over 1/2 black. This has never
    been an issue with fans. In fact, the NHRA has encouraged diversity, both women and
    blacks have won championships, fans love them.
    But when rich athletes start making things political, disrespecting the National Anthem
    and the American flag, all the while screaming they are "oppressed," why are they too
    stupid to realize they are driving their fan base away?
    Holy hell!. The Redskins changed their name to the "Washington Football Team." WTF?
    Schools are changing their names, colleges are changing their names. This shit is getting
    out of hand.
    What would happen if whites started becoming "offended" by the monuments erected at
    sports stadiums honoring black athletes? When Jackie Robinson broke the "color barrier" in
    baseball, fans welcomed him, along with players from every race and nationality. When they
    start picking political and racial sides, things are moving backwards, not forward. Fans notice.
    Good one, RB.

    Woke culture grabbed the gear shift and slammed it into reverse in terms of race relations. They didn’t even bother pushing in the clutch.

    White sports fans have *idolized* black athletes for generations now. We/they didn’t ‘see’ Michael Jordan as black-first and an incredible second. We didn’t see color at all—and that was MLK’s dream.

    We will never get to where woke culture is trying to take us because it’s an incoherent fantasy.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

    tinfoil (09-19-2020), TOP (09-17-2020)

  17. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America "clinging to my God and Guns"
    Posts
    20,241
    Thanks
    3,029
    Thanked 12,181 Times in 8,915 Posts
    Groans
    119
    Groaned 256 Times in 245 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Good one, RB.

    Woke culture grabbed the gear shift and slammed it into reverse in terms of race relations. They didn’t even bother pushing in the clutch.

    White sports fans have *idolized* black athletes for generations now. We/they didn’t ‘see’ Michael Jordan as black-first and an incredible second. We didn’t see color at all—and that was MLK’s dream.

    We will never get to where woke culture is trying to take us because it’s an incoherent fantasy.
    We (I'm a Pirates fan ) celebrate Roberto Clemente day every year. We think nothing about his color, we honor the man. Why do they want race (and politics) to be the predominant noting?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

    Darth Omar (09-16-2020), TOP (09-17-2020)

  19. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    39,517
    Thanks
    11,398
    Thanked 26,734 Times in 17,387 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 1,093 Times in 1,044 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    We (I'm a Pirates fan ) celebrate Roberto Clemente day every year. We think nothing about his color, we honor the man. Why do they want race (and politics) to be the predominant noting?
    I have no idea but it’s not good for the country.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

    RB 60 (09-16-2020)

  21. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    3,105
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 926 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 48 Times in 47 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
    Polls are bullshit, but even the left's own beloved lying machine is telling them what a widely rejected turd this "make up whatever wee feel like" racist cult lunacy of "wokeness" has become.

    "Gallup data out Tuesday shows public devotion to America’s great cultural pastimes has collapsed in the last year as political turmoil has infected what used to be an escape for millions of Americans. According to Gallup, the sports industry now boasts a negative image among U.S. adults: 30 percent see the sports industry positively, compared to 40 percent reporting a negative image. This year’s survey illustrates a 30 percent decline from American views on the sports industry a year ago, when the corporate sports enjoyed a net positive 20 percent rating, with 45 percent of Americans reporting a favorable opinion compared to 25 percent who said otherwise."

    Gallup: Public Favorability Towards The U.S. Sports Industry Has Collapsed


    I hope the whole lot of them go belly up.

  22. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4,294
    Thanks
    311
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 1,382 Posts
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 588 Times in 544 Posts

    Default

    Too bad. People are really missing out.

    This year's NBA playoffs is one for the ages. The games have been crazy exciting.

    Loving it as a sports fan.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

    Phantasmal (09-16-2020)

  24. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    15,122
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7,354 Times in 5,017 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 615 Times in 569 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    If it was the woke issue this would have been the trend since several years back.
    Its been a trend since Kapneedadick....God u are a stupid shit


    Oct 5, 2016,12:58pm EDT
    Confirmed: NFL Losing Millions Of TV Viewers Because Of National Anthem Protests

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoza.../#7861c998226c

    Than they started back up in 2019

    Report: NFL Ratings Increase, Coinciding With End of Colin Kaepernick Controversy
    BY JACK PHILLIPS October 18, 2019

    https://www.theepochtimes.com/report...y_3120800.html


    Now they are tanking again.....Hmmmm wonder why u stupid shit face

  25. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    4,195
    Thanks
    2,970
    Thanked 2,465 Times in 1,674 Posts
    Groans
    686
    Groaned 587 Times in 505 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    It's been a trend. Is this the first you're hearing about it?
    It's been a complaint of some and even brought some boycott ideas but viewership hardly changed making it just hot air. Compare it to now and it's not even a factor.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2020, 01:41 PM
  2. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 03-14-2019, 07:35 PM
  3. Does the will of the American people mean anything?
    By FUCK THE POLICE in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 11-27-2016, 01:38 PM
  4. The American people
    By Legion Troll in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-17-2016, 07:02 AM
  5. The American people know what's up!
    By Jarod in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-20-2013, 03:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •