Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Hermes Thoth, The Anonymous, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Legion Troll, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, CFM, Superfreak, TOP, volsrock, Yurt, Earl, Terri4Trump, Lord Yurt, Cancel 2020.2 and OG Yurt

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: First ever presidential endorsement by Scientific American

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,613 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDave View Post
    HQC isn't proven to be effective, so you're going to have to show me some proof that it is. I'm not digging through posts again to find some random time you talked about it either, cite your source when you speak to me and quit wasting my time, cock. George Floyd getting a knee on his neck for 8:46 was police brutality, and there are plenty more examples of it, so I don't even know what the fuck clouds you're yelling at with that one. It's just a weird ass claim without context. Same with your next statement. You're ranting and not making sense.
    I sense replying to you is a waste of time

the effectiveness of HQC is not settled science - and will not be for some time. The point is that it is politics that prevents the study - not science - and here are the scientists that agree with me: https://www.wxyz.com/news/coronaviru...oroquine-study

George Floyd is anecdotal. police brutality exists - and it happens to all people of all colors. pointing to one person is not science - that is just embarrassing

2. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,619 Times in 51,914 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Not at all. Unlike Joe Biden and Democrats I think every black person has the right to be an individual and think independently. Same for everyone else in this country.
    Agreed here. Unfortunately both parties seem to not only understand racism exists but seek to use it for political gain. That's wrong, IMO, and a failure of them to uphold their oath to support and defend the Constitution. Maximizing the potential of every American is in the best interests of We, the People. Dividing Americans with politics is not in the best interests of We, the People.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Sailor (09-16-2020)

4. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    not support - study.

what is anti-science is claiming a medicine that has been used for 60 years with little side effects is extremely dangerous and can't be investigated - and that is being decided by democratic politicians

https://www.wxyz.com/news/coronaviru...oroquine-study
    Aside from the fact I fully support Americans taking whatever drugs they want, you are basing a scientific conclusion by quoting two doctors in a small, single study.

When, as you mentioned, there are studies over the past 60 years proving there are problems with the drug and along with its efficacy for treating COVID. Part of it is trying to not kill the patient trying to cure the disease....which has happened too many times in the past. We should learn from our mistakes.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safet...tal-setting-or
    FDA cautions against use of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine for COVID-19 outside of the hospital setting or a clinical trial due to risk of heart rhythm problems

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-sup...g-20064216?p=1
    Hydroxychloroquine is used to treat malaria. It is also used to prevent malaria infection in areas or regions where it is known that other medicines (eg, chloroquine) may not work. Hydroxychloroquine may also be used to treat coronavirus (COVID-19) in certain hospitalized patients.

https://www.drugwatch.com/hydroxychl.../side-effects/
    Hydroxychloroquine (brand name Plaquenil) side effects range from more common, mild issues such as headache, nausea and stomach pain to serious but rare conditions such as heart problems, muscle weakness and convulsions. Side effect risk may increase with higher doses and long-term treatment.

5. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries

I sense replying to you is a waste of time

the effectiveness of HQC is not settled science - and will not be for some time. The point is that it is politics that prevents the study - not science - and here are the scientists that agree with me: https://www.wxyz.com/news/coronaviru...oroquine-study

George Floyd is anecdotal. police brutality exists - and it happens to all people of all colors. pointing to one person is not science - that is just embarrassing
    Perhaps you should be more clear on your assertions if you want to quit wasting both of our time. Politics indeed clouded studies for HQC, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here, but Trump touted it, and it became political from there. People that needed the drug had trouble finding it because all of a sudden it began being stockpiled when it wasn't even proven to work!

You still haven't made a valid claim on police brutality, other than "It's a lie" when it clearly exists. So yes, you're embarassing yourself.
    You Are Not So Smart Podcast - A celebration of Self-Delusion

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DigitalDave For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-16-2020)

7. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Aside from the fact I fully support Americans taking whatever drugs they want, you are basing a scientific conclusion by quoting two doctors in a small, single study.

When, as you mentioned, there are studies over the past 60 years proving there are problems with the drug and along with its efficacy for treating COVID. Part of it is trying to not kill the patient trying to cure the disease....which has happened too many times in the past. We should learn from our mistakes.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safet...tal-setting-or
    FDA cautions against use of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine for COVID-19 outside of the hospital setting or a clinical trial due to risk of heart rhythm problems

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-sup...g-20064216?p=1
    Hydroxychloroquine is used to treat malaria. It is also used to prevent malaria infection in areas or regions where it is known that other medicines (eg, chloroquine) may not work. Hydroxychloroquine may also be used to treat coronavirus (COVID-19) in certain hospitalized patients.

https://www.drugwatch.com/hydroxychl.../side-effects/
    Hydroxychloroquine (brand name Plaquenil) side effects range from more common, mild issues such as headache, nausea and stomach pain to serious but rare conditions such as heart problems, muscle weakness and convulsions. Side effect risk may increase with higher doses and long-term treatment.
    HQC is the first drug used in treatment of rheumatoid arthritis - I know this from personal experience. why? because it is the safest one available. Other drugs tend to have better results - but also have far greater risks - both in the short term and long term, so we all have to first use HQC - and then usually we take it in conjunction with 2 or three others before getting good results

You seem to be glossing over the anti science portion of this though. When Ohio banned its use - and then reversed course when the republican governor complained - which position was based on science?

8. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

An idiot could frame it that way but the fact remains we're talking about a magazine owned by capitalists, not "science" itself since that would be anthropomorphizing a method of study...which would be fucking moronic, amirite?
    WTF are you on about? I think you're more possessed with hatred of capitalism

9. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,698 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 56 Times in 52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    The problem with science is they have all these facts.
    The problem with Leftist morons is that when they hear the word "science" they think it means their WACKY Global Warming religion. When they hear the word "facts" they think it means their religious dogma of physics violations. When they hear that Scientific American supports Biden, they understand that to mean that it is the calling of their Church to support Biden lest they feel the wrath of the Climate goddess.
    Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

10. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,698 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 56 Times in 52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    While I agree, I think a science mouthpiece cedes ground when it gets political. I agree attacking this potus is a "fact based approach" to solving a problem, but
    I want science above that fray and prefer like minded citizens who support science carrying that water. It undercuts the premise to fight on their turf.
    ... except that you don't even know what science is. How can you claim to want anything pertaining to it? You're a total moron who believes in WACKY religious shit and who throws science out the window the moment your faith comes under the gun.

You HATE science just as much as the next Leftist WACKO.
    Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

11. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    WTF are you on about? I think you're more possessed with hatred of capitalism
    Obviously I'm talking above your grade level. My apologies. Have a g'day, son.

12. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,173 Times in 10,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

after proving they pull the same basic stunt every 4 years, you are left to just troll

I will let you have the last word shit stain - you bore me with your lack of actual debate
    Dig, dig, dig

13. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Obviously I'm talking above your grade level. My apologies. Have a g'day, son.
    I doubt youd know how

14. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

HQC is the first drug used in treatment of rheumatoid arthritis - I know this from personal experience. why? because it is the safest one available. Other drugs tend to have better results - but also have far greater risks - both in the short term and long term, so we all have to first use HQC - and then usually we take it in conjunction with 2 or three others before getting good results

You seem to be glossing over the anti science portion of this though. When Ohio banned its use - and then reversed course when the republican governor complained - which position was based on science?
    Awesome. Soooo, according to you, since HCQ helped you with arthritis you think it will cure COVID. I disagree but I support 100% you taking as much HCQ as often and as much as you want to pay for.

15. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Awesome. Soooo, according to you, since HCQ helped you with arthritis you think it will cure COVID. I disagree but I support 100% you taking as much HCQ as often and as much as you want to pay for.

no

I said it is laughable to use its danger as a reason for scientists to not be allowed to study its effectiveness - the reason it is the first use in other diseases of inflammation is because of its relative harmlessness

BTW- your reading comprehension is shit. I did not say it helped me - I said it is the first one they try.

16. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

no

I said it is laughable to use its danger as a reason for scientists to not be allowed to study its effectiveness - the reason it is the first use in other diseases of inflammation is because of its relative harmlessness
    I'm repeatedly on record for allowing adults do whatever the fuck they want without government interference as long as they hurt no one without consent. Evmetro sexually assaulting women under anesthesia as discussed in another thread would still be a crime but if you want to shoot, snort, ingest or use HCQ as an enema, I fully support your right to do so.

17. #180 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm repeatedly on record for allowing adults do whatever the fuck they want without government interference as long as they hurt no one without consent. Evmetro sexually assaulting women under anesthesia as discussed in another thread would still be a crime but if you want to shoot, snort, ingest or use HCQ as an enema, I fully support your right to do so.
    who gives a fuck? I don't care if your are a phony libertarian-lite in a debate

this is about the anti -science zeal behind stopping the ability to study a drug that has long been considered safe in non - hospital settings