Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Blackwater Lunchbreak, The Anonymous, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Legion Troll, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, CFM, Superfreak, TOP, volsrock, Yurt, Earl, Terri4Trump, Lord Yurt, Cancel 2020.2 and OG Yurt

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: First ever presidential endorsement by Scientific American

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,459 Times in 52,471 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    who gives a fuck? I don't care if your are a phony libertarian-lite in a debate

this is about the anti -science zeal behind stopping the ability to study a drug that has long been considered safe in non - hospital settings
    You obviously care. Otherwise you wouldn't be having a conniption over a discussion about science and HCQ.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,556 Times in 2,630 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    You obviously care. Otherwise you wouldn't be having a conniption over a discussion about science and HCQ.
    I care about policy - not what some dipwad personally thinks

your vanity is showing

3. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

your vanity is showing
    Dude, you're the one throwing the hissy fit. I'm the one who advocates you having as much HCQ as you want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Tranquillus in Exile (09-16-2020)

5. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Dude, you're the one throwing the hissy fit. I'm the one who advocates you having as much HCQ as you want.
    He could take it with bleach. Highly recommended.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

Doc Dutch (09-16-2020)

7. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    He could take it with bleach. Highly recommended.
    I would support that adult choice too.

8. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

hissy fit?

I am in a debate of ideas. that you have to turn it into something emotional is laughable.

also - I have an autoimmune - of course I can have as much of it as I want - that is the point - it has long been considered safe outside of hospital settings.

9. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

hissy fit?

I am in a debate of ideas. that you have to turn it into something emotional is laughable.

also - I have an autoimmune - of course I can have as much of it as I want - that is the point - it has long been considered safe outside of hospital settings.
    Yes. You're the one becoming so emotional about this. I'm just agreeing to let you shoot, snort, ingest or use as much HCQ as a suppository as you wish. You seem to object to whatever I say. Why the drama?

your vanity is showing
    who gives a fuck? I don't care if your are a phony libertarian-lite in a debate

this is about the anti -science zeal behind stopping the ability to study a drug that has long been considered safe in non - hospital settings

no

I said it is laughable to use its danger as a reason for scientists to not be allowed to study its effectiveness - the reason it is the first use in other diseases of inflammation is because of its relative harmlessness

BTW- your reading comprehension is shit. I did not say it helped me - I said it is the first one they try.

10. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes. You're the one becoming so emotional about this. I'm just agreeing to let you shoot, snort, ingest or use as much HCQ as a suppository as you wish. You seem to object to whatever I say. Why the drama?
    you are the least smelly shit stain of the shit stains - for a brief while you almost seemed intelligent

11. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

you are the least smelly shit stain of the shit stains - for a brief while you almost seemed intelligent
    ROFL. Thanks for proving you're a Drama Queen. Too bad you can't actually cash that crown in for money, eh?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Sailor (09-16-2020)

13. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Two major clinical trials of HCQ for Covid-19, one in the US and one in the UK, were stopped last June when the results showed that HCQ had no effect on mortality.

The UK trial, run by the University of Oxford, enrolled more than 11,000 patients.
    "We have concluded that there is no beneficial effect of hydroxychloroquine in patients hospitalized with COVID-19," the Oxford study said.

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-06-05...ients-covid-19

But He Who Can Never Be Wrong has pronounced HCQ a "game changer". Is there an international conspiracy aimed at prolonging the pandemic and undermining the President? What do you think?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

Cypress (09-22-2020)

15. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Two major clinical trials of HCQ for Covid-19, one in the US and one in the UK, were stopped last June when the results showed that HCQ had no effect on mortality.

The UK trial, run by the University of Oxford, enrolled more than 11,000 patients.
    "We have concluded that there is no beneficial effect of hydroxychloroquine in patients hospitalized with COVID-19," the Oxford study said.
    https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-06-05...ients-covid-19

But He Who Can Never Be Wrong has pronounced HCQ a "game changer". Is there an international conspiracy aimed at prolonging the pandemic and undermining the President? What do you think?
    doctors have you stay on hcq for 4-6 months before moving on to a more aggressive form of treatment - because it doesn't have immediate benefits, but it does show as beneficial in relation to inflammation and also to to cytokine storms when used for long periods. Those are the studies many scientists are interested in seeing conducted in regards to covid-19

too many people go down your road of politicizing it and making this be about trump. shit stains everywhere

16. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You want Covid patients to be on HCQ for 4-6 months?
    your wording is illogical. I would approve of a study of high risk patients taking this medicine prior to getting covid - yes

immune compromised people are inexplicably doing better then groups with less serious health issues - like obesity - that is a strange stat that should be explored

17. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    America's preeminent scientific journal

Scientific American Endorses Joe Biden

We’ve never backed a presidential candidate in our 175-year history—until now

-- Science Denial, Incompetent and Disastrous Pandemic Response Tops Issues of Concern --

Scientific American has never endorsed a presidential candidate in its 175-year history. This year we are compelled to do so. We do not do this lightly.

The evidence and the science show that Donald Trump has badly damaged the U.S. and its people—because he rejects evidence and science. The most devastating example is his dishonest and inept response to the COVID-19 pandemic, which cost more than 190,000 Americans their lives by the middle of September. He has also attacked environmental protections, medical care, and the researchers and public science agencies that help this country prepare for its greatest challenges. That is why we urge you to vote for Joe Biden, who is offering fact-based plans to protect our health, our economy and the environment. These and other proposals he has put forth can set the country back on course for a safer, more prosperous and more equitable future.

The pandemic would strain any nation and system, but Trump's rejection of evidence and public health measures have been catastrophic in the U.S. He was warned many times in January and February about the onrushing disease, yet he did not develop a national strategy to provide protective equipment, coronavirus testing or clear health guidelines. Testing people for the virus, and tracing those they may have infected, is how countries in Europe and Asia have gained control over their outbreaks, saved lives, and successfully reopened businesses and schools. But in the U.S., Trump claimed, falsely, that “anybody that wants a test can get a test.” That was untrue in March and remained untrue through the summer. Trump opposed $25 billion for increased testing and tracing that was in a pandemic relief bill as late as July. These lapses accelerated the spread of disease through the country—particularly in highly vulnerable communities that include people of color, where deaths climbed disproportionately to those in the rest of the population.

Continued
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ses-joe-biden/
    It's good they came clean and showed political bias to the left. They have hence discredited themselves as a solely 'science publication'.

"Overall, we rate Scientific American Pro-Science and Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that favor the left."
    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/scientific-american/
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Doc Dutch (09-22-2020), zymurgy (09-16-2020)

19. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

you are probably a truther too

shit stain
    What do you mean by "truther"?

20. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Liberal-bias universities that hand out degrees and credentials to evolutionists.

True scientists (creationists) get their science degrees from non-accredited religious institutions rather than accredited schools and universities.

Just how useless are liberal-bias universities? Consider the competition: for fifty bucks and an SASE, and you're a Ph.D., ready and qualified to refute evolution! Meanwhile stupid scientists spend far more time and money on a far inferior education!
    Let's see your doctoral book, fucktard!
    Dude, you're a pro internet shill, I'm an average American, fuck you!