Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This is nuts, just flat out nuts

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Just because its nuts does not mean its not true.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Yes. This one. Democrats started the day HRC lost. Next stupid question?
    Nah, it started with twump's criminal acts, fucknugget. They are, after all, why you love him and fantasize about him.

3. The Following User Groans At CharacterAssassin For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-15-2020)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Flash,

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Their job is to attract viewers and readers. The public requires them to sensationalize it before we will look at it and few read news any more.
    I put the blame on Americans rather than the media.

Democrats/Republicans are going to cheat in the election, Trump won't leave office if defeated, there will be fighting among the two sides after one loses, the election will be cancelled, Biden won't concede if losing...............we love all this drama stuff and a lot does not come from the regular (creditable) media.

And the country is divided down the middle about which candidate is thinking about the country and they both are 100% sure they are right.

And we all make the division worse by denigration and hatred toward the other side.
    What a great post.

It is so true.

The best thing we can do is to maintain decorum, show the trolls how truly civil discourse is conducted. You and I don't always agree, but even if we don't, we each know that the other person has what they consider valid reasons for their position. We know that America is best when we hear all ideas for policy, and together we can hash out the differences. We depend on one another to bring up points we may not have considered. Each brings value to the process, and the result is greater than the sum of the individual parts. It's a win/win for America when there is mutual respect and brainstorming.

Trump operates on a flawed principle, that in every deal there is a winner and a loser. Reality is there is usually something in every deal for everyone. Both parties can win. It is not required to take advantage of someone to make a win/win deal. DT doesn't get it.

Biden does. Biden understands win/win philosophy.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-15-2020)

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,786 Times in 4,529 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 188 Times in 184 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    It is Daffy who says the election will be won by cheating. As usual, it is the crook who thinks about cheating. Honest people do not have that occur to them.
    If Trump wins I bet the Democrats will also claim the Republicans cheated in some way including voter "suppression" and their other claims. The 2018 mail-in balloting scandal that costs the winner his House seat In NC was a Republican.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Earl (09-15-2020)

9. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "Top HHS official accuses scientists of plotting against Trump, tells supporters to buy ammunition"

"The top communications official at the Department of Health and Human Services, Michael Caputo, accused career government scientists of plotting against President Trump and told Trump supporters to arm themselves ahead of the November presidential election."

"The career scientists "haven’t gotten out of their sweatpants except for meetings at coffee shops” to plot “how they’re going to attack Donald Trump,” Caputo said, according to the Times. “There are scientists who work for this government who do not want America to get well"

"Caputo also warned Trump's followers to be prepared for an armed insurrection, predicting the president would win but that Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden would refuse to concede the election."

"When Donald Trump refuses to stand down at the inauguration, the shooting will begin,” Caputo said. “If you carry guns, buy ammunition, ladies and gentlemen, because it’s going to be hard to get.”

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...st-trump-tells

This clown isn't some radio demogogue, rather the person who is the chief spokesman for the Federal agency set up purposely to provide for the safety and security of the American people, his job is to protect Americans, not tell them to go arm themselves if their candidate of choice loses an election

Prior to Trump, has there ever been any American election that has witnessed the inanity and flat out efforts to undermine the very election system that was created by the Founding Fathers and has served America faithfully for over two centuries?

Arm yourself if your guy loses, beautiful, what a patriot
    I love free speech, don't you?
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,248 Times in 2,338 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonsprat22 View Post
    Yes, I just posted the article from the Washington Post. It's hard to muster a response to these psychopaths.
    It's hard for you to muster a coherent response to anything.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

11. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    People need to understand there will be a day after the election. The sun will come up. No matter what happens there will be another day, and another after that, and life will go on. It's not going to be the end of the world. Roughly half of America will be disappointed, the other half will be happy, and life will go on. Nobody needs to do any fighting, there isn't going to be a war, we'll just make the best of whatever we have and move forward.

If we have to wait until some dispute is resolved we will wait.

It's not the end of the world.

It's just us exercising our democracy.

If anybody goes crazy and starts shooting they will be dealt with by authorities, and the news will depict them as the kook that they are, and the rest of the world will watch it on the news and go on with life.
    My hope is that the losers don't accuse the winners of stealing the election through cheating.

12. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Michael_Panetta,

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Panetta View Post
    My hope is that the losers don't accuse the winners of stealing the election through cheating.
    If Trump loses we can count on it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

13. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-15-2020)

14. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,744 Times in 17,975 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,251 Times in 3,055 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Michael_Panetta,

If Trump loses we can count on it.
    Well, Snowflake, Hillary has already told Dementia Joe not to concede the election...NO MATTER THE CIRCUMSTANCES.

Hillary Clinton says Joe Biden should not concede ... - Fox News
    www.foxnews.com › politics › hillary-clinton-joe-biden-s...
    Aug 25, 2020 - Hillary Clinton urged Joe BIden to not concede defeat on the night of the Nov. 3 election — no matter the circumstances

15. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Granule View Post
    I love free speech, don't you?
    It's not a free speech issue, dumbass

16. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,557 Times in 2,631 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 217 Times in 212 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Tsk. lol

This message is hidden because zymurgy is on your ignore list.
    oh - so now he is the head of the department?

you nut jobs and your echo chamber are laughable.

assistant secretary of public affairs

you are so dumb

17. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,553 Times in 53,373 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

I know, unrelated to HHS and buying ammunition. Who are these people going to shoot?
    I dunno -- anyone who isn't wearing a MAGA hat? Non-whites? Anyone wearing Muslim garments or headwear? Anyone driving a Prius? People wearing pandemic masks? BLM t-shirt-wearing grandmas?

Righties ban you not because you're not civil, but because you make too much sense. If Lefties ban you, it's for the same reasons.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

18. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Panetta View Post
    At least not without some sort of credible evidence.

I strongly suspect that when #TRE45ON loses, he will try to tie up the results in courts for months if not years.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

19. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If Trump wins I bet the Democrats will also claim the Republicans cheated in some way including voter "suppression" and their other claims. The 2018 mail-in balloting scandal that costs the winner his House seat In NC was a Republican.
    I think that a challenge is certainly possible by (D)s if Biden doesn't win. The USPS is just about nonfunctional right now, which is going to cause delays in receiving and counting all ballots cast by mail. Examples:

Last month I sent my VT daughter a box of baby clothes, priority mail. Not only was it not delivered, by the time a week had passed and it *finally* got to her Post Office, the tracking informed me that "your package is being held at the post office on customer request." I did not request that; neither did she. It took five angry phone calls to their postmaster to have someone (probably him) get off his ass and leave it on her porch.

Last Wed. I sent my brother in TX a priority mail package of books and masks on Wed. It promised two-day shipping (he lives in the DFW area). It was dutifully picked up here, then sat somewhere for three days. There was no tracking until they finally delivered it today.

I am signed up for "informed delivery," a free USPS app that sends you a daily email informing you what letters and packages will be delivered to you that day. Two of yesterday's were missing. I flagged them as such. They came today. But the other items today's email said were coming did not.

I have *never* seen the mail service this jacked up, and I used to be married to a letter carrier and know all about the periodic budget problems. It is hard not to believe that this is being done purposefully in order to shake the public's confidence in mail-in voting, and to discourage them from using it -- which means those in hard-hit COVID areas may avoid in-person voting.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Flash (09-15-2020)