Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Minimum wage rate and labors’ market prices.

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong but you'll keep pretending you know something. If you knew 1/4 of what you thought you knew, you wouldn't be crying for the government to increase the minimum wage you receive.
    Without minimum wage laws, wages across the board would decrease.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TexanManWithPlans For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-20-2020), Supposn (09-15-2020)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

If employers are required by the government to pay a minimum, the government is determining wage differentials especially if the employer would pay the minimum wage worker less.

It's not an employers job to be altruistic. It's their job to pay an employee what they think, not the government thinks, that employee is worth.

There is a difference between retaining employees because they provide work and being forced to pay that employee an arbitrary minimum.
    A company will always devalue an employee if given the chance. I have a friend who recently worked at an ADIDAS warehouse. She had to check her pay stubs to make sure she was getting paid for her mandatory OT hours. I once worked at a Chewy warehouse and they would regularly "forget" to pay me the promised incentive for working weekends or for doing voluntary OT. And I've heard plenty of horror stories from workers at Amazon warehouses to know that this is a regular phenomenon.

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Panetta View Post
    A company will always devalue an employee if given the chance. I have a friend who recently worked at an ADIDAS warehouse. She had to check her pay stubs to make sure she was getting paid for her mandatory OT hours. I once worked at a Chewy warehouse and they would regularly "forget" to pay me the promised incentive for working weekends or for doing voluntary OT. And I've heard plenty of horror stories from workers at Amazon warehouses to know that this is a regular phenomenon.
    Can you provide names of all these employees. I need to verify your claims.

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Without minimum wage laws, wages across the board would decrease.
    Only for those who offer such low level skills they can only make the minimum or slightly above based on their skills.

Based on your logic, if minimum wage doesn't increase then no one's wages would increase.
    Last edited by CFM; 09-15-2020 at 05:50 AM.

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No. You claimed that someone who works minimum wage has nobody to blame but themselves for continuing to work such a job. I countered that not everyone is able to simply quit their job and go to school.
    They have no one to blame but themselves for being able to make only the minimum. What you say is not what I claimed.

You want to pretend that the majority going to college are older people. Is that your claim?

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You sacrifice the best hours of the best years of your life to make a company money. Asking for a liveable wage in return isn't "begging."
    Lots of people do that. Many that offer marketable and valuable skills make lots of money doing that. Many that offer a skill set that's on the same level as what most teenagers can do don't make much nor should they.

It becomes begging when the wage you're requesting is above what you offer in return and you want it "just because". If all those demanding a living wage were as good at what they do as they want to be paid, have them start their own companies and be the boss. It's lot of work and it damn sure requires more than 35 hours/week but the results, if done right, are wonderful.

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Supposn View Post
    CFM, throughout the world, most employers have never heard the phrase "wage differentials" mentioned; but most employers practice the concept of wage differentials.

Wage differentials are driven from the lower rather than higher wage rates.
    Due to employers’ common wage differential practices, increasing a crew’s wage rates, generally impels their supervisor’s rate should also be increased; but increasing supervisors’ rates doesn’t necessarily require their entire crew’s rates also be increased.

Although the federal minimum wage rate affects other rates, it doesn't determine wage differentials. Respectfully, Supposn
    Can you provide the results of your research that proves the claim that "most employers have never heard of wage differentials"?

Unless you can, what you posted is nothing more than the ramblings of another whiner that offers little but demands a lot for it.

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    how about a chinese dissident inside a ccp labor/organ harvesting camp? do they just need a tony robbins pep talk?
    If someone needs any kind of pep talk to work hard, they're already a loser.

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

then there's walmart employees directed to go to get food stamps in lieu of a raise, allowing companies to externalize costs onto the backs of taxpayers at large. that's fascism my friends.

minimum wages may not have "pulled anyone oit of poverty", but maybe it allowed them to live another month.

the rising tide was forced to raise all ships by the American labor movement, coming out of the gilded age.
    There's an easy solution. Eliminate welfare.

11. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts

Can you provide the results of your research that proves the claim that "most employers have never heard of wage differentials"?
    Unless you can, what you posted is nothing more than the ramblings of another whiner that offers little but demands a lot for it.
    CFM, if you believe that almost all employers throughout the world attended formal classes and received some certificates or school credits for the economic sub-topic of “wage differentials”, I won’t quibble with you regarding your nonsense.

But are you contending among enterprises throughout the world which employ multi-numbers of workers with differing degrees of competence, and/or tasks of differing difficulty, and/or of hardship, those employers do not practice concepts of wage differentials?
    Would you make such a nonsensical contention? Respectfully, Supposn

12. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Supposn View Post
    CFM, if you believe that almost all employers throughout the world attended formal classes and received some certificates or school credits for the economic sub-topic of “wage differentials”, I won’t quibble with you regarding your nonsense.

But are you contending among enterprises throughout the world which employ multi-numbers of workers with differing degrees of competence, and/or tasks of differing difficulty, and/or of hardship, those employers do not practice concepts of wage differentials?
    Would you make such a nonsensical contention? Respectfully, Supposn
    Just like I thought, nothing to back up your claim about employers never having heard of wage differentials. Try again, boy.

13. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 9,824 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

There's an easy solution. Eliminate welfare.
    corporations will have to pick up the slack with livable wages.

14. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If someone needs any kind of pep talk to work hard, they're already a loser.
    working hard isnt always enough. frankly you take a lot for granted, and are ungrateful and unchrisitian.

15. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,989 Times in 8,360 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

working hard isnt always enough. frankly you take a lot for granted, and are ungrateful and unchrisitian.
    What's the alternative to working hard?

16. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    What's the alternative to working hard?
    im saying working hard isn't always enough. it's necessary but not sufficient. do you think the great depression was just due to a lot of lazy people?