Thread: Chiefs, Texans booed as racial justice stand sparks outrage

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,479 Times in 52,483 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    How does my view of the lack of legitimacy of the BLM football protests equate to causing us to go to war with Spain and Germany setting foot on a path to mechanized genocide?

You argue by tap dancing in fucking circles because you don't seem to have a grasp of what you're talking about.

Silliness.

If my view of the NFL protests is that they are not legit, then that is my view.

If yours is that they are, good for you.

The views of individuals like those of us who post on message boards and the views of governments who have the power to go to war and commit mass genocide are nowhere near being within the same realm.

For you to compare the two is absurd.
    The fact you are denying the legitimacy of individual rights and points of view. I argue religion a lot with atheists on this forum but not a single one of them can name my religion or if I have one. Why? Because there's a difference between supporting a person's right to do something and condoning it. I do not condone shutting people up as long as they are doing it lawfully and don't harm anyone.

Although Voltaire never said it, Evelyn Beatrice Hall summarized his beliefs with the statement of "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it". This is the essence of the First Amendment. It's your right to disagree with what people legally say or legally do, but crowning yourself king and declaring what is legitimate and what is not is beyond the pale for those supporting the rights of human beings to lawfully and reasonably express themselves.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. The Following User Groans At Doc Dutch For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-14-2020)

3. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    The fact you are denying the legitimacy of individual rights and points of view.
    That is MY OPINION. I express opinions just like everyone else.

If what you claim about me is true, them it's true about you as well because you want me to stop expressing my opinion about the legitimacy of BLM's opinion.

Pot, kettle, black.

I argue religion a lot with atheists on this forum but not a single one of them can name my religion or if I have one. Why? Because there's a difference between supporting a person's right to do something and condoning it. I do not condone shutting people up as long as they are doing it lawfully and don't harm anyone.
    I am only against their right to drag their bullshit (my opinion) protest out onto the field with them and the league's decision to let them. Private employers are allowed to regulate political and related speech and expression in the workplace. I think the NFL should have grown a pair and told them to keep it off the field.

For the 1,000th time, I'm fine with letting them Tweet their little pea sized brains out or go on TV and blab their nonsense all they want to.

Although Voltaire never said it, Evelyn Beatrice Hall summarized his beliefs with the statement of "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it". This is the essence of the First Amendment. It's your right to disagree with what people legally say or legally do, but crowning yourself king and declaring what is legitimate and what is not is beyond the pale for those supporting the rights of human beings to lawfully and reasonably express themselves.
    Wrong again.

I am expressing an opinion.

I'm not appointing myself anything.

This is one of your stupider butthurt losing arguments.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

4. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That is MY OPINION....
    Like Trump's opinions which are contrary to facts? When you declare something illegitimate, that's a statement of fact, not opinion. If I declared you illegitimate, that's my opinion, but isn't it also a lie because I'm making an untrue statement of fact?

5. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Like Trump's opinions which are contrary to facts? When you declare something illegitimate, that's a statement of fact, not opinion. If I declared you illegitimate, that's my opinion, but isn't it also a lie because I'm making an untrue statement of fact?
    Like when I declare your argument to be bullshit, that is also a fact.

What do Trump's opinions have to do with anything?

He's an idiot. That's an opinion shared by a lot of people.

I don't get what you are so butthurt about over this.

BLM and the NFL crap is not a legitimate protest because they are protesting incidents they are calling "murder" before the facts are all known or before juries have had a chance to have the defense's case presented at a trial.

That in itself ought to tell you that it's not legit.

There is still a huge question as to what really killed Floyd. No damage to the trachea combined with a serious heart problem and a system full of lethal drugs tells me there are more questions than answers, but these racist idiots have all jumped to conclusions as have apparently you.

If they are protesting the so-called "murder" of black men who died while full of dangerous narcotics and while or after fighting with the police and there have been no trials yet of the officers involved, that is not a legit protest.

That is by definition, an ILLEGITIMATE protest.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

6. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    No. It was not. Every fucking player and Kaep said that. But you hang on to your lies. You are as usual, flat out wrong.
    https://www.nfl.com/news/colin-kaepe...p3000000691077

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "

Direct quote from Kaepernick. You lose bitch.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lightbringer For This Post:

Earl (09-14-2020), Hawkeye10 (09-13-2020)

8. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,115 Times in 12,640 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

“For me, it’s about change,” Chicago Bears tight end Jimmy Graham said. “Obviously, it’s a hot topic. And it needs to stay a hot topic until some legislation’s passed to hold people accountable and for total reform. That’s all we’re asking. I don’t think anything’s gonna stop until it happens.”
    https://apnews.com/15a5ec2aafe2873de14ab45d35b5f731

That is all.

Fuck you if you dont like it...who the fuck are you anyways?
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Earl (09-14-2020)

10. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Like when I declare your argument to be bullshit, that is also a fact.....
    QED.

11. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    https://www.nfl.com/news/colin-kaepe...p3000000691077

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "

Direct quote from Kaepernick. You lose bitch.
    Two wrongs don't make a right. Kap correctly identified a problem but, IMO, he chose the wrong method to address it. Forget the fact he's richer, whiter and well above his Wisconsin middle-class upbringing than most members of this forum. The fact he's made such an impact due to public support tells me the problem is there and the public seeks to resolve it, but mostly it's just stirring the post with no real solutions.