Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs, Texans booed as racial justice stand sparks outrage

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,071 Times in 6,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

What if we had a society where we disagreed, but hearing other opinions didn't "outrage" us?

And yeah, it's both sides.

I want to hear ALL opinions. It has never occurred to me to want someone to pipe down about how they feel, or only do it in the "proper venue." Speak up, speak loudly, speak all the time. We can only benefit from a robust marketplace of ideas.

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Only Deplorables could boo a harmless symbolic act of racial unity.
    I'm not a deplorable and I would have boo'd too.

My feelings.... "Get your overpaid, ungrateful asses out on the sidelines, stand up like MEN and respect our (ONE AND ONLY) National Anthem.

Otherwise, go F yourselves.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

3. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,279 Times in 27,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

My feelings.... "Get your overpaid, ungrateful asses out on the sidelines, stand up like MEN and respect our (ONE AND ONLY) National Anthem.

They were standing. All they did was lock arms together, white players and black.

4. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    They didn’t leave the game though, did they and it ended up being a helluva game. Mahomes nor Jackson care if they booed. Those two young men have principals.
    Of course they stayed. They were already in there and paid for their over exorbitantly priced tickets.

The question is, will they keep coming back in any kind of numbers in the following weeks?

And they may not have cared if they were boo'd during that game, but let the boo's turn into empty seats, declining fan support and declining revenue for the team and themselves, and I'll bet you they start caring.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

5. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I always flinch a bit when I see "ungrateful." It implies that once you make some money, you should just shut up and nothing should bother you.

Why can't a rich athlete remember where he came from, and be outraged about the circumstances there? Why can't they speak up?

It's the whole "shut up and sing" thing. It really marginalizes people and how they feel.

6. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They were standing. All they did was lock arms together, white players and black.
    The OP says that Houston stayed in the locker room during the National Anthem.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

7. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,279 Times in 27,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

The OP says that Houston stayed in the locker room during the National Anthem.
    It sounded to me like the booing actually happened when players locked arms in a moment of unity

“The moment of unity I personally thought was good,” defensive end JC Watt told reporters. “The booing was unfortunate during that moment — I don’t fully understand that, there was no flag in that, there was nothing involved in that other than two teams coming together to show unity.”

8. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,594 Times in 51,906 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

It sounded to me like the booing actually happened when players locked arms in a moment of unity

“The moment of unity I personally thought was good,” defensive end JC Watt told reporters. “The booing was unfortunate during that moment — I don’t fully understand that, there was no flag in that, there was nothing involved in that other than two teams coming together to show unity.”
    I'm looking for an entire replay of the event, but only see snippets. Give it a couple of days and some eager beaver news hound will tell the whole story.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

9. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    I always flinch a bit when I see "ungrateful." It implies that once you make some money, you should just shut up and nothing should bother you.

Why can't a rich athlete remember where he came from, and be outraged about the circumstances there? Why can't they speak up?

It's the whole "shut up and sing" thing. It really marginalizes people and how they feel.
    It's got nothing to do with speaking up.

It's got to do with guys making umpteen million dollars a year to play with a ball, something that can only be accomplished in America, then refusing to stand or even come out of the locker room to pay respect to America's flag and the national anthem.

And as far as speaking up goes, let them do their speaking OFF the field all they want to, but on their own time.

Keep their stupid politics and social crap OFF the field and OUT of sports.

It's shouldn't be that difficult to understand, that a lot and possibly most, people do not want to see that crap intertwined with sports. People watch sports to get away from that crap and now, they can't even do that.

I shouldn't have even had to explain that.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

10. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They were probably booing the entire silly mess.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

11. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    The NFL’s new stance encouraging players to take a stand against racial injustice got its first test as some fans of the Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs booed during a moment of silence to promote the cause, touching off a fresh debate on how players should use their voice.

The controversy erupted Thursday night just moments before the league’s 101st season kicked off. After the Houston Texans remained in the locker room during the national anthem, fans booed them when they emerged from the tunnel at its conclusion. The booing continued as the two teams walked to midfield

https://apnews.com/561c74297aef243e58ac573afe4d8e26

Keep it up u stupid shits..NFL keeps losing fans u will also loose
    LOWEST OPENING DAY TV RATINGS SINCE FOREVER....
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

12. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's got nothing to do with speaking up.

It's got to do with guys making umpteen million dollars a year to play with a ball, something that can only be accomplished in America, then refusing to stand or even come out of the locker room to pay respect to America's flag and the national anthem.

And as far as speaking up goes, let them do their speaking OFF the field all they want to, but on their own time.

Keep their stupid politics and social crap OFF the field and OUT of sports.

It's shouldn't be that difficult to understand, that a lot and possibly most, people do not want to see that crap intertwined with sports. People watch sports to get away from that crap and now, they can't even do that.

I shouldn't have even had to explain that.
    What does how much they make have to do with it?

The above response rings hollow. "Ungrateful" implied exactly what it sounds like it implied.

13. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    What does how much they make have to do with it?

The above response rings hollow. "Ungrateful" implied exactly what it sounds like it implied.
    The more money they make, the more grateful they should be to this unique country for affording them the opportunity to make more money in one season playing with a ball than most humans make in an entire lifetime of breaking their backs at some dreary drudgery.

Are you really so obtuse you don't get that?

Apparently so.

And apparently you are every bit as ungrateful as they are, just without the unGodly paycheck.

Spoiled white boy SJW preaching at others about racial justice while never having lived in or even walked through a black neighborhood.

(Now comes the part where you tell me all about how "down you are with the 'hood", etc - don't bother. I'm calling bullshit before you even get the chance.)
    C'MON MAN!!!!

14. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,167 Times in 7,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Its not racial "unity",when black lives matter is displayed and white lives matter is not
    Speak English retard!

15. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

The NFL’s new stance encouraging players to take a stand against racial injustice got its first test as some fans of the Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs booed during a moment of silence to promote the cause, touching off a fresh debate on how players should use their voice.

The controversy erupted Thursday night just moments before the league’s 101st season kicked off. After the Houston Texans remained in the locker room during the national anthem, fans booed them when they emerged from the tunnel at its conclusion. The booing continued as the two teams walked to midfield

https://apnews.com/561c74297aef243e58ac573afe4d8e26

Keep it up u stupid shits..NFL keeps losing fans u will also loose
    Anyone in the stands being outraged is missing the point. If they're there they care. Not being there sends a much stronger message.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see