Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs, Texans booed as racial justice stand sparks outrage

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    The NFL’s new stance encouraging players to take a stand against racial injustice got its first test as some fans of the Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs booed during a moment of silence to promote the cause, touching off a fresh debate on how players should use their voice.

The controversy erupted Thursday night just moments before the league’s 101st season kicked off. After the Houston Texans remained in the locker room during the national anthem, fans booed them when they emerged from the tunnel at its conclusion. The booing continued as the two teams walked to midfield

https://apnews.com/561c74297aef243e58ac573afe4d8e26

Keep it up u stupid shits..NFL keeps losing fans u will also loose
    Wouldn't know. Not watching a SINGLE NFL game this year.
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish For This Post:

CFM (09-13-2020)

3. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Only Deplorables could boo a harmless symbolic act of racial unity.
    I do acts of racial unity everyday. I treat every race the same. I don't show favoritism because of "past injustice."
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

4. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,806 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 431 Times in 393 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Barron View Post
    This is from a guy that was there.

Kansas Citians love our Kansas City Chiefs and our city and we should not let these lies make us look like something we are not. That's why I am speaking out to share what really happened at Arrowhead last night.

As somebody who was at the game with a group of over 25 people I want to clear up some media lies about the fans who were in attendance at the game yesterday. We did not hear booing during the midfield demonstration before the game.

What actually happened was that the Houston Texans came out of the tunnel onto their side of the field, fans booed them running out because they are the visiting team. That's what happens when any team comes to visit Arrowhead. While running out of the tunnel the Texans we're running to the middle of the field and what we thought was their sideline. That's typically what visiting teams do.

Once everyone realized what was happening, because let's face the facts, everyone in attendance already knew a demonstration was going to happen. But when the demonstration began it got dead silent and very respectful. There was an announcement made for a moment of silence.

In my opinion the demonstration could have been choreographed and coordinated better because both teams weren’t given a chance to fully lineup at midfield before the demonstration began and it really confused the fans who are used to booing the visiting team when they make their first appearance through the visitors tunnel.

Kansas City Chiefs fans have class and they DID NOT disrespect the midfield demonstration or any part of the entire demonstration. It’s a total shame and waste of a platform that they did not let everything that was done before the midfield demonstration be shown to the nation on tv. Both organizations did an amazing job with the way they chose to demonstrate.
    Will the Chiefs be applauding the attempted assassination of two Los Angeles sheriff deputies last night?

Or just the organization that blocked the ambulances rushing then to the hospital?
    RaiderNation <==== Likes getting mounted by randy mules lubed up by Voted4Reagan

5. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,417 Times in 16,406 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Barron View Post
    This is from a guy that was there.

Kansas Citians love our Kansas City Chiefs and our city and we should not let these lies make us look like something we are not. That's why I am speaking out to share what really happened at Arrowhead last night.

As somebody who was at the game with a group of over 25 people I want to clear up some media lies about the fans who were in attendance at the game yesterday. We did not hear booing during the midfield demonstration before the game.

What actually happened was that the Houston Texans came out of the tunnel onto their side of the field, fans booed them running out because they are the visiting team. That's what happens when any team comes to visit Arrowhead. While running out of the tunnel the Texans we're running to the middle of the field and what we thought was their sideline. That's typically what visiting teams do.

Once everyone realized what was happening, because let's face the facts, everyone in attendance already knew a demonstration was going to happen. But when the demonstration began it got dead silent and very respectful. There was an announcement made for a moment of silence.

In my opinion the demonstration could have been choreographed and coordinated better because both teams weren’t given a chance to fully lineup at midfield before the demonstration began and it really confused the fans who are used to booing the visiting team when they make their first appearance through the visitors tunnel.

Kansas City Chiefs fans have class and they DID NOT disrespect the midfield demonstration or any part of the entire demonstration. It’s a total shame and waste of a platform that they did not let everything that was done before the midfield demonstration be shown to the nation on tv. Both organizations did an amazing job with the way they chose to demonstrate.
    Did they honor first responders and the victims of 9/11?
    I'm not sure how their "demonstration" would have been considered "amazing"....who were they "honoring"?

6. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,610 Times in 51,910 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taft2016 View Post
    Will the Chiefs be applauding the attempted assassination of two Los Angeles sheriff deputies last night?

Or just the organization that blocked the ambulances rushing then to the hospital?
    Why do you think they would applaud deputies being shot?

Why do you think the Chiefs would applaud the "handful of protestors" taunting police and blocking the ambulances? Do you think the Texans would applaud for the same reason by linking arms with the Chiefs?

https://apnews.com/ef8c6c26b42c53d092645bb054060379
    A handful of protesters gathered outside the the hospital where the injured deputies were being treated. The protesters tried to provoke deputies stationed outside and at one point were prevented from entering the emergency room, Bishop Juan Carlos Mendez with the Churches in Action group told the TV station KABC.

“Unacceptable behavior. The hospital should be a sanctuary, we should leave hospitals alone,” he said. Mendez and members of his group gathered nearby in prayer for the wounded deputies.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-13-2020)

8. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Did they honor first responders and the victims of 9/11?
    I'm not sure how their "demonstration" would have been considered "amazing"....who were they "honoring"?
    I'm guessing they would being the Eve of 9/11 but I didn't watch the game.

While "amazing" is a bit over the "TOP", you're putting words in his mouth with the word "honoring".

9. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Agreed. Arbitrary views of what is legitimate and what is not is how the US ended up on a war with Spain and how Germany set foot on a path to mechanized genocide. It's what led the Taliban to assert itself after the Afghan-Soviet war and why the Hutus slaughtered the Tutsis in Rwanda.
    So what's your view of the legitimacy of the Trump Presidency?

Or the legitimacy of any other socio-political matter?

Because whatever that view is, by your own logic it is arbitrary.

Utter fucking nonsense to call someone else's views arbitrary on a message board where people, including you, come to express their views.

When placed on the scales of justice, one side being the protest of an unnecessary military invasion of a country in which untold tens of thousands of lives were lost....

....the other side being a protest of the loss of the lives of a handful of violent criminals, usually on dangerous narcotics and often armed with dangerous weapons with which they could have, in the blink of an eye, taken a cop's life, while those cops were performing their sworn duty to protect the public.

And you cannot decide which protest is more legitimate than the other????

As Voltaire once wrote, "common sense is not so common". We need a better way of resolving such disputes.
    Apparently he posted on the same internet message board as you.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

10. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Wouldn't know. Not watching a SINGLE NFL game this year.
    Same here.

11. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    So what's your view of the legitimacy of the Trump Presidency?

Or the legitimacy of any other socio-political matter?

Because whatever that view is, by your own logic it is arbitrary.

Utter fucking nonsense to call someone else's views arbitrary on a message board where people, including you, come to express their views.

When placed on the scales of justice, one side being the protest of an unnecessary military invasion of a country in which untold tens of thousands of lives were lost....

....the other side being a protest of the loss of the lives of a handful of violent criminals, usually on dangerous narcotics and often armed with dangerous weapons with which they could have, in the blink of an eye, taken a cop's life, while those cops were performing their sworn duty to protect the public.

And you cannot decide which protest is more legitimate than the other????

Apparently he posted on the same internet message board as you.
    Trump's Presidency is legitimate as a matter of both Constitutional and public record.

It depends. Was the Dred Scott decision legitimate? The Three-Fifths Compromise? As with the Trump Presidency, being legitimate doesn't make it right and forcing what you think is right onto others is always arbitrary.

Everything is not arbitrary as you claim. Here's an experiment for you; arbitrarily decide to fly the step off the roof of your house. Repeat the experiment a 100 times then let me know if your arbitrary decision had an effect on the results.

As for Voltaire's comment, which appears to be more true now than ever: https://idiomation.wordpress.com/201...not-so-common/
    So even though Voltaire first wrote this common sense is not so common, he wasn’t the first to express this thought.

Then there's this: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...mmon-nor-sense
    So-called common sense is a fallacy that has been foisted on us by our culture of ideology (any ideology that wants to tell us what we should think and do) that prefers us to be stupid, ill-informed, and poor decision-makers. Common sense is even used as an ideological cudgel by conservatives in which so-called coastal elites lack sense and, as a result, are out of touch with "real Americans" who apparently have an abundance of common sense. But, if we use our elected representatives as examples (though I can't vouch for how representative they actually are), I think it's safe to say that unsound judgment, that is, the absence of common sense doesn't discriminate based on political ideology.

12. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 179 Times in 168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taft2016 View Post

Will you?

13. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Trump's Presidency is legitimate as a matter of both Constitutional and public record.

It depends. Was the Dred Scott decision legitimate? The Three-Fifths Compromise? As with the Trump Presidency, being legitimate doesn't make it right and forcing what you think is right onto others is always arbitrary.

Everything is not arbitrary as you claim. Here's an experiment for you; arbitrarily decide to fly the step off the roof of your house. Repeat the experiment a 100 times then let me know if your arbitrary decision had an effect on the results.

As for Voltaire's comment, which appears to be more true now than ever: https://idiomation.wordpress.com/201...not-so-common/
    So even though Voltaire first wrote this common sense is not so common, he wasn’t the first to express this thought.

Then there's this: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...mmon-nor-sense
    So-called common sense is a fallacy that has been foisted on us by our culture of ideology (any ideology that wants to tell us what we should think and do) that prefers us to be stupid, ill-informed, and poor decision-makers. Common sense is even used as an ideological cudgel by conservatives in which so-called coastal elites lack sense and, as a result, are out of touch with "real Americans" who apparently have an abundance of common sense. But, if we use our elected representatives as examples (though I can't vouch for how representative they actually are), I think it's safe to say that unsound judgment, that is, the absence of common sense doesn't discriminate based on political ideology.
    A lot of tap dancing and side stepping.^^^^

The Dixie Chicks protesting at a concert, the war in Iraq which cost thousands of lives, and protesting the deaths of some criminal thugs whose causes of death have not necessarily been determined or scrutinized in a court of law, are vastly different in terms of legitimate and not legitimate.

Your opinion that they are the same is arbitrary.

Also, posting some obviously politically biased article out of a psychology magazine website is not a convincing argument for your side.

And finally, nothing you said has anything to do with the opinions of millions of people that professional athletes ought to do their protesting off the sports field and keep all the rest of that crap off the field.

Count me among the group who is hoping the fans make the leagues pay dearly for choosing sides in something that they never had any business choosing sides in.

Last edited by Nomad; 09-13-2020 at 04:43 PM.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

14. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

what players need to remember is no one gives a crap what they think about anything other then playing football. those fans got tickets to watch football, drink beer and eat over priced hot dogs and get away from all the retarded political cult members. to have just 4 houres or so of fun. I hope they get it and shut up and nust play football.

15. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

The NFL players claim that they want us "to all come together" they say as they promote the American terrorist organization BLM.

Talk about chutzpah!

Note: I watched the Seahawks game today and listened to their spiel.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

16. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    A lot of tap dancing and side stepping.^^^^

The Dixie Chicks protesting at a concert, the war in Iraq which cost thousands of lives, and protesting the deaths of some criminal thugs whose causes of death have not necessarily been determined or scrutinized in a court of law, are vastly different in terms of legitimate and not legitimate.

Your opinion that they are the same is arbitrary.

Also, posting some obviously politically biased article out of a psychology magazine website is not a convincing argument for your side.

And finally, nothing you said has anything to do with the opinions of millions of people that professional athletes ought to do their protesting off the sports field and keep all the rest of that crap off the field.

Count me among the group who is hoping the fans make the leagues pay dearly for choosing sides in something that they never had any business choosing sides in.

Disagreed, but you're the one arguing arbitrary justice.

What the Dixie Chicks did was both their right and their choice. Likewise the reaction of fans. What does this to do with your disagreement with this post?
    Agreed. Arbitrary views of what is legitimate and what is not is how the US ended up on a war with Spain and how Germany set foot on a path to mechanized genocide. It's what led the Taliban to assert itself after the Afghan-Soviet war and why the Hutus slaughtered the Tutsis in Rwanda.

As Voltaire once wrote, "common sense is not so common". We need a better way of resolving such disputes.
    I have no doubt you wish harm on a lot of people just like CFM, Teflon Don and a few others often do.

17. #180 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Disagreed, but you're the one arguing arbitrary justice.

What the Dixie Chicks did was both their right and their choice. Likewise the reaction of fans. What does this to do with your disagreement with this post?

I have no doubt you wish harm on a lot of people just like CFM, Teflon Don and a few others often do.
    How does my view of the lack of legitimacy of the BLM football protests equate to causing us to go to war with Spain and Germany setting foot on a path to mechanized genocide?

You argue by tap dancing in fucking circles because you don't seem to have a grasp of what you're talking about.

Silliness.

If my view of the NFL protests is that they are not legit, then that is my view.

If yours is that they are, good for you.

The views of individuals like those of us who post on message boards and the views of governments who have the power to go to war and commit mass genocide are nowhere near being within the same realm.

For you to compare the two is absurd.
    C'MON MAN!!!!