Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Sturgis Biker Rally Was Greatest - Super Spreader Event ...

1. #316 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

"The Dakotas saw case numbers and rates of hospitalisation rise enormously throughout September, and into October.

It may never be confirmed how many cases stemmed from the rally, which attracted approximately 460,000 people over 10 days, according to one estimate.

Unlike most other states, South Dakota imposed no restrictions on the number of people allowed to congregate, making the Sturgis rally the largest gathering of people in the US, possibly in the world, during the pandemic."

Is It Sturgis Or SURGIS?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #317 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Business Insider:

"Coronavirus cases linked to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota have now been identified in eight states.

Nearly 500,000 people attended this year's festival despite warnings about the pandemic, the state said.

Before the event kicked off, experts warned about its potential to become a superspreader event.

And in crowded bars and packed concerts during the 10-day rally, there were few masks in sight, according to photos and videos. "

"Before hundreds of thousands of motorcycle enthusiasts descended upon a small South Dakota town, against many residents' wishes, for the annual Sturgis rally, public-health experts said it could be a catalyst for further spread of the coronavirus.

That's exactly what happened.

Cases stemming from the 460,000-person event, which kicked off on August 7, have now been spotted in eight states: Minnesota, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, and Washington. That's in addition to the cases spotted in South Dakota, where new cases spiked to 251 on August 22 and the seven-day average of new cases continues to climb. Altogether, the cases total more than 100, according to an Associated Press analysis.

Attendees have traveled to more than half of all the counties in the US since the festival wrapped up on August 16, according to anonymous cellphone data from Camber Systems, which was tracking their departures. CNN first reported the location data."

"On stage at a packed concert, Smash Mouth's lead singer mocked the pandemic: "We're being human once again. F--- that COVID s---," he says in a video "

The Sturgis motorcycle rally that experts warned would be a coronavirus superspreader event has been linked to 100 new cases in 8 states
    Funny the GF and Philly protests have no effect on the virus tho.

Seems the virus knows when its a social justice protest or not.

Never knew viruses were so adaptive to politics.
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

3. #318 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Foolish
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #319 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Gonna be a few motorcycles for sale.

"He reached for her hand and he slipped her the keys
    He said "I've got no further use for these
    I see angels on Ariels in leather and chrome
    Swooping down from heaven to carry me home"
    And he gave her one last kiss and died
    And he gave her his Vincent to ride"