Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Calif is on fire again~the new normal-what needs to be done to prevent this??

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Not your secretary. I never make shit up.
    So you have no evidence. You are making shit up, liar.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,926 Times in 13,193 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Panetta View Post
    No. Global warming has.
    Gorebal Warming neither issues permits or requires them. The state of California and local government agencies do.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,567 Times in 17,094 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    So you have no evidence. You are making shit up, liar.
    What are you 12?

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Remember when Trump wanted to nuke hurricanes? https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/26/polit...ump/index.html Trump is just so damn stupid.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 148 Posts

We need to bring back the parolees to work on weeding with police details ....

But , liberals stopped that years ago !

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Remember when Trump wanted to nuke hurricanes? https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/26/polit...ump/index.html Trump is just so damn stupid.
    Fake news. Trump never said any such thing.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Historically Bad" I heard this fire season called.

I figure that several hundred thousand California citizens just decided that their long term futures do not include living in California.

These fuckers who run things have no idea what they are doing, and no plans to get better, their entire plan is to keep jabbering about global warming while they hope that the rubes buy the con.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Into the Night (09-10-2020)

10. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    He was talking about the Civilian Conservation Corps which in 9 years planted 3.5 billion trees, a lot of them in California, and later year planting efforts. They made a great effort to plant the right kinds of tress for the location but California forests were understood at the time to be for logging....once we decided that we did not want logging we were left with the wrong kind of trees there....that is the argument.

https://www.history.com/news/civilia...corps-projects
    I don't know what percent of the forest fires are a result of that or what, if any, difference that plays into it...

I have hiked in many of these places in Northern Calif & bay area.......

In the bay area it is really a mess of non-natives, specifically Eucalyptus which practically explode in a fire..

There are several areas "farmed" by companies commercially & IMHO they are better managed-less opportunity for massive fires..

Much of that planting (I have a friend that has recently retired from the Forestry dept & worked on it for almost 20 years) is done in areas where there was huge fires & much erosion-thus to try & prevent it......

I personally have not seen any of those areas burned, what I have seen is the native stands-high density & often drought stricken trees being lost....

Some species resist fire better than others.. & when they are overgrown, packed w/ bushes & saplings so close a man can't walk between there is going to be an explosion sooner or later..........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

11. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night of raking the forest floor View Post
    Fires in the SOTC happen every year. They get to devastating size because they don't cut the brush down like they used to.
    Thanks for pointing out the obvious............

When was it that they cut down all the brush??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

12. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I don't know what percent of the forest fires are a result of that or what, if any, difference that plays into it...

In the bay area it is really a mess of non-natives, specifically Eucalyptus which practically explode in a fire..

There are several areas "farmed" by companies commercially & IMHO they are better managed-less opportunity for massive fires..

Much of that planting (I have a friend that has recently retired from the Forestry dept & worked on it for almost 20 years) is done in areas where there was huge fires & much erosion-thus to try & prevent it......

I personally have not seen any of those areas burned, what I have seen is the native stands-high density & often drought stricken trees being lost....

Some species resist fire better than others.. & when they are overgrown, packed w/ bushes & saplings so close a man can't walk between there is going to be an explosion sooner or later..........
    It is the building of indignities , it is the containing evaporation of the standards of civility that one must tolerate if one chooses to live in California now because it is so mismanaged.

Most people get to "ENOUGH!" at some point.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Into the Night (09-10-2020)

14. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post

They are trying to go to OAK as they replant but Oaks have not been doing well for some time.....some kind of parasite or disease..or both I forget.

Maybe the plantings take and live, maybe not.

15. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There are several native oaks in Calif depending on location & elevation..

Where I kayak they planted many of them, in a riparian habitat- mostly valley oak which are flood tolerant. Live oak is making a comeback in the area as well..

Many of the fires we have @ the moment are higher than oaks grow & are started by dry lighting......

16. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    It is the building of indignities , it is the containing evaporation of the standards of civility that one must tolerate if one chooses to live in California now because it is so mismanaged.

Most people get to "ENOUGH!" at some point.
    Already happening. People are trying to get out of the SOTC. It's not easy.

17. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So lying is how you play the game. I thought after all the lies Trump got caught in you would be wise to not hitch your wagon to him. Apparently wisdom eludes you. Trump says stupid things and you lie about them. At least you are consistent. Fake post. Trump said it and as usual, you flatly deny it.