Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: You Win

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,736 Times in 14,331 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I hope you don't go. I understand what you mean though. The mods let one or two ppl dominate all the discussions with nothing but invective, stupidity, personal attacks, and keyboard diarrhea. Steven VanderMoron and TerriBendsOver4Trump are two of them who add nothing but garbage.
    It's that time in the cycle. I think we lost Darla around this time 4 years ago. That sucked. I don't understand why everyone doesn't have these people on ignore? Since Terri got active again, half of my quote notifications are either from her, or another fool whose posts I can't see.

There are assholes here who I haven't responded to in more than 5 years, and they still try and post to me.

It's always been a sewer here. Light moderation comes at a price. I've never had a problem with anything that I can't read!
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-03-2020)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Looking at the threads on the front page has finally tipped me to the logical conclusion that this is not Political discussion board. It is a garbage dump populated by and catering to White Nationalists. I might give it a try after the election when their voices have been silenced, but attempts at discussion here are an exercise in futility.

You win. It's all yours.
    Settings/My Settings/Edit Ignore List

It works.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

Looking at the threads on the front page has finally tipped me to the logical conclusion that this is not Political discussion board. It is a garbage dump populated by and catering to White Nationalists. I might give it a try after the election when their voices have been silenced, but attempts at discussion here are an exercise in futility.

You win. It's all yours.
    Ha-ha, you are a f*cking loon, Connie.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello AProudLefty,

The only time I felt like leaving was when the mods did not follow through on enforcing the rules, favoring righties.
    lol....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

You win. It's all yours.
    I've only been here since Nov 2017 but it has gone really far downhill in that time. I wonder if the mods realize just how many are thinking about jumping ship over the shape of the forum they aren't doing much to change. Any other forum I've visited would have banned trolls talking about killing gays, and spammers like Terri. A side forum on Amazon Forums ended up like this and was axed. A couple of years later they axed all the forums.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Charoite For This Post:

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Settings/My Settings/Edit Ignore List

It works.
    If only it did. Forum is still unreadable half the time.

9. #37 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    I've only been here since Nov 2017 but it has gone really far downhill in that time. I wonder if the mods realize just how many are thinking about jumping ship over the shape of the forum they aren't doing much to change. Any other forum I've visited would have banned trolls talking about killing gays, and spammers like Terri. A side forum on Amazon Forums ended up like this and was axed. A couple of years later they axed all the forums.
    Nothing has changed since I got here, only a few names (including yours). Jumping ship? Hell, you're still here. You were moving to Canada a few years ago (and we even said we'd pay for it!), yet here you are.

Yes, they axed the Gold Box forum, so you assholes came to the political forum and that got shitcanned. How many socks did you have there? Hypocrite.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    It's that time in the cycle. I think we lost Darla around this time 4 years ago. That sucked. I don't understand why everyone doesn't have these people on ignore? Since Terri got active again, half of my quote notifications are either from her, or another fool whose posts I can't see.

There are assholes here who I haven't responded to in more than 5 years, and they still try and post to me.

It's always been a sewer here. Light moderation comes at a price. I've never had a problem with anything that I can't read!
    Yeah, the forum is a lot more bearable if you keep a number of trolls on ignore. It's funny though how they KNOW you're ignoring them yet they are compelled to post to you constantly anyways. Attention whores. lol
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Althea (09-03-2020)

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Nothing has changed since I got here, only a few names (including yours). Jumping ship? Hell, you're still here. You were moving to Canada a few years ago (and we even said we'd pay for it!), yet here you are.

Yes, they axed the Gold Box forum, so you assholes came to the political forum and that got shitcanned. How many socks did you have there? Hypocrite.
    I don't recall Crocodile having socks on Amazon; he did change names often which is probably why you believe that. And then there's Jack, who had at least 15 active socks at once, and Toxic and her dozens as well. And of course Mason, who also had a few active socks. One for each of his Kindles. lol Your toxic gf believes that I had dozens as well, but they all had the same name.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't recall Crocodile having socks on Amazon; he did change names often which is probably why you believe that. And then there's Jack, who had at least 15 active socks at once, and Toxic and her dozens as well. And of course Mason, who also had a few active socks. One for each of his Kindles. lol Your toxic gf believes that I had dozens as well, but they all had the same name.
    He said he had them some time back. Yes a number of you had socks or changed names on Amazon (it led to "The Great Purge"). Name changes happen frequently here too.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    He said he had them some time back. Yes a number of you had socks or changed names on Amazon (it led to "The Great Purge"). Name changes happen frequently here too.
    LOL @ Great Purge. Good name. I always thought of it as another mass extinction event.

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LOL @ Great Purge. Good name. I always thought of it as another mass extinction event.
    A number of us survived it until the final countdown, even on the English board.

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

I hope you don't go. I understand what you mean though. The mods let one or two ppl dominate all the discussions with nothing but invective, stupidity, personal attacks, and keyboard diarrhea. Steven VanderMoron and TerriBendsOver4Trump are two of them who add nothing but garbage.
    Stop your fucking whining. It's pitiful.

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    If only it did. Forum is still unreadable half the time.
    If by 'unreadable', you mean 'because I have all the racists/misogynists blocked, then I agree. My ignore list is very long.

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah, the forum is a lot more bearable if you keep a number of trolls on ignore. It's funny though how they KNOW you're ignoring them yet they are compelled to post to you constantly anyways. Attention whores. lol
    Each time I see a quote notification from one of the morons, an angel gets its wings.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post: